Usgu

Wiki News

In order to more closely link the forum to the wiki and keep more community members informed (and involved), I will be posting Wiki related news and request in this forum thread here. You will also find a similar "news" section in the Community portal of the wiki. On the same wiki page, you also find a Wiki Task list. This list attempts to help coordinate and focus the attention to of the wiki editors on what needs to be worked on in the wiki.

We need you!

In case you thought the wiki is all done and finished, reconsider. Lots of content is still missing. Also, Squad, the game is changing and evolving. Without updating the info on the wiki, the wiki will soon be obsolete. After an initial boom of activities and contributions on the wiki after the first announcement back in May 2016, editing has dried up alomst compleletey. The wiki need your help, Squad community! Please remember, the wiki is for you, the users (and many of you have asked for a wiki). But the wiki also needs you, the users, to run it. It does not run itself or by only one person. It needs the community to support it fully, otherwise it will die. Hit that "edit" button on pages where you can make a contribution. Check out the wiki task list and see where you can help out.

If you have questions or ideas or are unsure about something, send me a direct message on Discord.

More news to follow soon...

News: Please welcome our new wiki administrator @TomNedry (well, technically, we are Wiki Guardians, but more or less that means we are the community administrators of the wiki).

News: We started focusing our attention on the weapon pages on the wiki. Read more about it in this forum thread.

News: After our June nomination of "wiki editor of the month", we changed the basis for determining the monthly editor. Previously, for the very first nomination, we looked at the overall work done on the wiki since its beginning. From now onwards we will only consider the activities actually performed during the month in question (direct link). This means, every month all editors start at the same line and have all the same chance of becoming the editor of the month. Good news, right?

Ladies and gentlemen, "Wiki Editor of the month July 2016" goes to @Mandeuk, our eager Korean translator. He is closely followed by Masterman431 and @LevelPulse. Keep up the good work, guys!

dxRzZHE.jpg

News: I didn't know, but Gamepedia, our wiki host/site, also nominates a "Editor of the Month" across all their wikis. Very cool. Not only will this bring you (or me me me) to world fame, but also it will make our Squad Wiki and our beloved game Squad known to more people.

http://help.gamepedia.com/Editor_of_the_Month

Afterthought: I am sure, once the wiki is in good shape, we could have it featured on the main page of Gamepedia. This would be excellent promotion. With almost 20 million visitors a month, this would reach quite a few new people.

17 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Just wanted to say great work & much appreciated mate to you @Usgu & all the lads.

Cheers Boys :)

Thanks. Drop by at the wiki and become an editor yourself. It's become awfully quite in the last few weeks.

News: For our "wiki editor of the month" nomination I've added a new rule which seems necessary to make the nomination meaningful: you have to reach or exceed 200 Wiki points during the month, anything below will not qualify. This means you actually have to put in a noticable (but not impossible) level of effort to be considered for nomination. Sadly, no one exceed the threshold during last month August (fair enough, you didn't know about it either).

Let me do two shout-outs. Firstly, @TomNedry, you are doing an amazing job as wiki admin (and this statement is not only based on your last month's Wiki score) - many thanks for your excellent work. Secondly, @LevelPulse, you almost reached 200 Wiki points in August. Maybe next month...?

oFUt3di.jpg

Lol o.O got 14 points just for editing the "translation" page and writing my name as a french contributor :D

Edited by Nightstalker21

News: We have a new "wiki editor of the month" nominee for September 2016: Londonsmee / @Smee - thanks for your work, mate.

Wiki Ranking

WikiPoints_2016-09.jpg

Whoop whoop!

And a cool squadmate with good RPG- gameplay that saved our squad's asses several times from gettin eaten by a BTR I must say.

News: Sadly, no "wiki editor of the month" for October 2016. No non-admin exceeded the minimum threshold of 200 Wiki Points.

WikiPoints_2016-10.jpg

Don't worry, think that v8 will bring a lot to add. :)

7 minutes ago, Smee said:

Don't worry, think that v8 will bring a lot to add. :)

It sure will. Even now there is plenty to do. The main question is whether enough people will be willing to put in the work to do it.