Looks awesome! 

I'd suggest dialing back the dust a bit, it looks like you're in the middle of a dust storm.

It all looks really great, but for the city its very obvious we lack modern buildings (bricks and concrete) in Squad. The things we have now are perfect for the outskirts of Al Basrah (Seriously, good job on those! :) ), the oil refinery and the open areas. But it looks like there needs to be a lot of rework done on the city once we get new statics for it to be a real Al Basrah remake.

For now though i would love to play this, we dont have anything like this in Squad yet in terms of gameplay :)

Edited by Gorzu

Looks great, will be great when we get more assets/buildings to use in maps, need multi storey buildings quickly, so we can get into and ambsuh from different elevations.

On 22-11-2016 at 0:57 PM, LugNut said:

Looks awesome! 

I'd suggest dialing back the dust a bit, it looks like you're in the middle of a dust storm.

+1, this fog is too much.

This seems very premature. Al Basrah is an Iraqi city and we don't any urban middle eastern statics to work with. Plus, Al Basrah in PR was such a flawed map in so many respects. So many of the caches were utterly indefensible and just free kills for British armour, at least try and improve it.

8 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

This seems very premature. Al Basrah is an Iraqi city and we don't any urban middle eastern statics to work with. Plus, Al Basrah in PR was such a flawed map in so many respects. So many of the caches were utterly indefensible and just free kills for British armour, at least try and improve it.

I agree with the first two sentences. It definitely need more urban statics. The second one tho. Doesn't mean you have to do it like in PR. Cache placement can be changed and the engine allows stuff that wasn't possible in PR (tunnels for example). Nor do we have the brits or armor yet.

BjVGwvv.jpgI3OnwxU.jpg

Lets return some PR classic buildings to this map! I know your grappling hooks are itching..

Edited by SirrCharles

3 hours ago, SirrCharles said:

BjVGwvv.jpgI3OnwxU.jpg

Lets return some PR classic buildings to this map! I know your grappling hooks are itching..

i agree

Edited by theemiaix

The iconic Corner Building from PR would fit perfectly into this map for nostalgic reasons :).

If people, pr fans, and the map designer would like some of the original "design" buildings.

I could do it, we even could make the building enter-able and do small visual enchantments.

I think in the case of remake it would make sense so the map will keep the original feeling.

f9Ga2bk.jpg

For your info: It is not ripped but modeled with 95% accuracy to the original model from bf2.

Edited by SirrCharles

On 24/11/2016 at 1:00 AM, 40mmrain said:

agree

1 hour ago, SirrCharles said:

The iconic Corner Building from PR would fit perfectly into this map for nostalgic reasons :).

If people, pr fans, and the map designer would like some of the original "design" buildings.

I could do it, we even could make the building enter-able and do small visual enchantments.

I think in the case of remake it would make sense so the map will keep the original feeling.

f9Ga2bk.jpg

For your info: It is not ripped but modeled to 95% accuracy to the original model from bf2.

Would love to see these buildings become enterable/with interior.

16 hours ago, SirrCharles said:

f9Ga2bk.jpg

For your info: It is not ripped but modeled with 95% accuracy to the original model from bf2.

@SirrCharlesYou would do gods work if you provide more city buildings for mappers to work with. I think the entire community would appreciate it. Be it BF2 models or not. Statics are needed for a map to become believable and 'feel good'.

@SirrCharles Yeah get crackin on those models guys! Go to the squad mod discord their are a ton of mappers in there that would be super happy for those! Id make those 4 sotry ones and mabey like an 8-10 story would be dope.

The PR city like buildings would be fantastic for this Basrah remake...  SirrCharles you have been knighted as the man for this task. Great job so far on the early models. 

Edited by American Outlaw

1 hour ago, American Outlaw said:

The PR city like buildings would be fantastic for this Basrah remake...  SirrCharles you have been knighted as the man for this task. Great job so far on the early models. 

I still love the PR city buildings, i think they still look great also.

That sandy/dustblown air effect doubles immersion! Wow, really hope the devs see this and derive some inspiration from it, imagine that on some current maps :o

18 hours ago, Aniallator said:

That sandy/dustblown air effect doubles immersion! Wow, really hope the devs see this and derive some inspiration from it, imagine that on some current maps :o

Dustblown (Might have overdone it a bit :P

nLQN7zo.jpguftBJH0.jpg

Some Sat-dished, airco''s, hanging laundery, signs would def funk this up

9N9tZnO.jpg

Edited by SirrCharles