557 posts in this topic

Fog makes it look so much better, I wish the devs would add fog to vanilla. :(

10 minutes ago, Skymo said:

Fog makes it look so much better, I wish the devs would add fog to vanilla. :(

Lots of cools stuff regarding fog and lighting on the way!

What are your plans with gamemodes for this and Kokan? Will it be only AAS? Do you think maps are big enough for ins (beeing 2x2km)?

13 hours ago, Romby said:

What are your plans with gamemodes for this and Kokan? Will it be only AAS? Do you think maps are big enough for ins (beeing 2x2km)?

Al basrah will be INS forsure and could have AAS

Kokan will be INS and can easily have AAS cause i added that far base to the bottom right of the map allowing them a main thats outside of the objectives if used in AAS. Kokan can also run PAAS ;)

Great work. Question; Are those structures final? 

I get that assets are limited right now however, staying true to the original map and keeping to the likeness of the real place it would be cool to see a variety of different buildings rather than Afghan architecture, which is not typically seen in iraq's main cities.

46 minutes ago, Devon said:

Great work. Question; Are those structures final? 

I get that assets are limited right now however, staying true to the original map and keeping to the likeness of the real place it would be cool to see a variety of different buildings rather than Afghan architecture, which is not typically seen in iraq's main cities.

The plan is to release it with the current assets and when the better suited ones become available to me ill begin to work on converting it.

cant remember if i posted in this topic yet or not but dude. seriously awesome work so far! 

3 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Al basrah will be INS forsure and could have AAS

Kokan will be INS and can easily have AAS cause i added that far base to the bottom right of the map allowing them a main thats outside of the objectives if used in AAS. Kokan can also run PAAS ;)

Ok. Will be excided to see how it works with INS.

2x2km on a flat map isn't really that big and in INS being able to hide the cache location is quite importaint. But it is really nice to see Blufor base in corner and that they have to drive quite far to get to first posible cache locations.

Looking so much foward to testing both maps. Hope they get IEDs into the game at the same time as modsupport.

15 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

The plan is to release it with the current assets and when the better suited ones become available to me ill begin to work on converting it.

Thanks for bringing this map to squad Chance. I look forward to its release!

Right now im working on something that will change the look and feel of the towns assets hugely (IMO)

Get excited!

chance broski for president.. can you do an american map with walls plastered with trump posters? 

I hope you're still working on this Chance as it looks awesome, keep up the good work :D

I have been following these custom maps, from all of them I like two. This one you made, bloody brilliant job.

And Marvs, right here: https://www.twitch.tv/zxd_marv/v/95294212  

Marv did a really good job aswell, I wish there were more maps like that. Open, and realistic landscape, with both killzones and cover.

I will go a little off topic here, you can stop reading if you are not interested:

By "Open, and realistic landscape, with both killzones and cover." I mean:
Not just narrow streets, bushes, ditches, hills and trees all up in our faces, with little to no killzone, forcing everybody to fight up close and personal with fast spawns coming at you all the time, because rally points are allowing that. With these kind of maps, and tweaked current game mechanics we could possibly make fortified Firebases we put down effective with zoom on fire emplacements for effective long range fire. That would make Humvees or Technicals more useful and not useless as they currently are, they would have zoom on the gunner seat to use 50cals intended purpose, long range effective fire. It would provide infantry a tool to use for counter enemy fire and cover for the infantry, if caught out in the open. This would make FOBs very important, not just for spawns but for holding a flag for example. An idea: if an enemy has built a firebase (FOB...) close to the Flag Objective, our friendly forces in order to fully capture that flag, they must overrun that firebase first. Without overrunning the firebase, the flag can just get neutralised and not captured. With that being said, creating a more useful tools to defend an firebase would be nice, like proper razor wire that can't be easily destroyed (engineer class needed) and ability to place them on steeper ground, previously mentioned zoom on emplacements, upcoming mortars will help I believe, more deployable variations of bunkers etc. I see huge potential in creating a proper tactical environment, where one would feel like he is in real warzone, with even non-combat roles, transport, ammo supply runs, medical supply, construction supply, equipment supply... Reworked rally system, where rally point would be used as its originally intended purpose, to rally the troop, and not as an infinite spawn point of rushing body waves.

I went a little too deep into this, and could have probably opened a new thread, but these briliant maps made me think and speak out about my and my friends ideas.

Rain

Wow! It's looking great, true to the original. Hope we can play it soon!

It's good to see you've only added more trees in some areas, not everywhere. 

Edited by JarryHead

This is outstanding job. 

Hope that we will get your map in close feature in to games. Another map. Thats amazing. New tactics manoeuvres and epic firefights. Kokan is not easy. And honestly its heavy urban fight with some crazy flank maneuvers around. I wonder what you are preparing for us at this map.  

Do you plan that in feature with more assets/materials/rocks/trees/whatever you will adapt your maps more ?