I would like play this map. ChanceBrahh has right. This looks much more natural. Like slowly getting inside city. But yes. When you get in city there definitely should be more then just mud houses. So I understand you loosing interest. Finishing is harders in chain of process. But outstanding work. And I hold thumbs 

7 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

2x2

No, idea id like to get it optimized first...

I dont know why but im starting to loose interest in this map, i think its due to the city buildings not really mimicking those of the PR version (just doesnt feel right atm)

Hence why in the video im uploading i dont really show the city.

I still have work to do with the river and its banks, removal of some foliage, adding telegraph poles and lines. But like ive mentioned before this wont happen till the gamemode is in place.

---

Quality is pretty crappy but it shows what you want to see, next time ill make sure i use a better quality

that looks really nice! thanks for the video

Really really nice video, looks great so far, and i also know what you mean about city buildings, in PR they were great multi storey buildings, and you could get on top of them all, and alot had ladders going up them, guess we just have to wait for more city assets to be made available. 

On 16/09/2016 at 1:24 PM, fatalsushi said:

I know what you mean about not being to represent the PR map with the assets available in Squad but if you think about it, the original Basrah map is pretty weird because it's supposed to represent a city yet it's something like 3x3 blocks of multi-story buildings that just suddenly stop and then there's open desert. What you're doing looks more natural because it feel like you're moving from desert to the suburbs (with the actual city beyond, off the map). It's a more natural progression. I would just make it into a Basrah-inspired map instead of trying to recreate the PR version exactly. You could name it "Al Basrah suburbs/outskirts" or some thing like that.

I like the idea of Basrah Outskirts ;)

Ive been changing some stuff today, while i want to remake it i also want it to be mine. So even if theres more foliage on the river banks and different sorts of buildings the gameplay style will still be the same as PR (just not as vertical)

Holy shit, i just noticed this topic has almost 7000 views.

People must be interested in this remake, it kinda scares me tho. I dont want it to look interesting but when it comes to getting your hands on it, it looks and feels like crap.

Pipeline being added currently & the new mosque with graves.

(mosque will be temp spawn point for around 10mins for the enemy side along with having a main base further back)

RyUsqk3.jpg

PCZ2iqJ.jpg

enm18df.jpg

1 hour ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Holy shit, i just noticed this topic has almost 7000 views.

People must be interested in this remake, it kinda scares me tho. I dont want it to look interesting but when it comes to getting your hands on it, it looks and feels like crap.

Pipeline being added currently & the new mosque with graves.

(mosque will be temp spawn point for around 10mins for the enemy side along with having a main base further back)

Relax ) You're not developing nuclear rockets, it's just a map )

Holy shit I so can't wait to play this map.  It just looks better and better every time I look at it.

Awesome map! Can't wait to play it.

On a truly nit picking level, and it only bugs me because I've spent time in oil fields, but oil storage facilities usually have their pipelines buried or at ground level, not elevated. I know this is a remake and it you want to remain faithful to that, that's cool, but those big fat pipes full of oil would be super heavy and would need more substantial supports and more of them than what you have currently.

Feel free to ignore me.

@LugNut Does this make you alittle happier :P some nice long thick poles lol

kol0goN.jpg

Also added a 3rd set of buildings to the island, whilst it doesnt look like the basrah we all know the layout is mostly the same.

GIhZ6aF.jpg

The moment more urban style building assets are available, the mapping scene will explode with a ton if Iraq and Syria inspired maps. I can't wait!

The day people stop complaining about not being able to identify targets in grass and start complaining about all the urban hiding spots will make me :) 

4 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

kol0goN.jpg

Also added a 3rd set of buildings to the island, whilst it doesnt look like the basrah we all know the layout is mostly the same.

GIhZ6aF.jpg

The roads are very smooth.Here in Moscow there is no such)) Break them up a bit. I think it will look better.

12 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

kol0goN.jpg

GIhZ6aF.jpg

Yep, size matters :-)  How about twice as many? 

Thanks for the update and believe me, I'm not complaining, whatever you feel like doing is fine with me. I appreciate all the time that goes into projects like this.

13 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

The moment more urban style building assets are available, the mapping scene will explode with a ton if Iraq and Syria inspired maps. I can't wait!

The day people stop complaining about not being able to identify targets in grass and start complaining about all the urban hiding spots will make me :) 

This! :)

https://imgur.com/jFy3bLq

i took the liberty to suggest some changes to the island area, extend it a bit to make it more natural and realistic (an square island in the middle of a river doesnt happen anywhere in nature and would be washed away pretty quick)

also would be good to add some concrete embankment along the city canal and a secondary bridge for infantry only

2 minutes ago, Zeno965 said:

i took the liberty to suggest some changes to the island area, extend it a bit to make it more natural and realistic (an square island in the middle of a river doesnt happen anywhere in nature and would be washed away pretty quick)

also would be good to add some concrete embankment along the city canal and a secondary bridge for infantry only

Yeah, good idea.

23 minutes ago, Zeno965 said:

Will do tonight, i may add abit more foliage compared to the rest of the island and acouple walking paths to afew hidden(ish) buildings

Wow.... just wow...

I need to stop coming to the modding section on this forum:S. Your 2 maps and the other map threads here are so cool. I want to play all these maps right now!!!!:D:D

Imagine where this game will be in 6 months.O.oO.o

1 hour ago, ChanceBrahh said:

extended it and also added a concrete barrier along the bank, i will add some rocks and stuff later to it.

also updated the mini map here and its also on the OP.

pV7VLgT.gif

looking at aerials of Al Basrah outskirts, i say you are pretty close to the real deal, maybe add some more irrigation ditches though 

sam_6456.jpg