603 posts in this topic

That looks great. The little walls are a neat idea, high enough to provide a bit of cover but not high enough to obstruct vehicles.

Good job. Well that listened to the idea with a wall.:)

i disagree with the posts before, while i like some holes in the walls i don't see any reason why every square inch of land/fields should be enterable by vehicles. in my opinion the low walls do look very artifical (also might be a problem for infantry moving up), but thats just me.

anyways keep up the great work. cant wait to play it!

Edited by flexAUT

Once you play test a couple times, your going to move, add, remove walls - to tweak the flow of the level.

Just get a first round blockout done; make notes on ideas and things you want to revist.

Once you see how the map plays with Squad game mechanics - you start tweaking.

Yup we need city/urban building models made available. 

An awesome undertaking. Looks really good and I look forward to play on it!

South side of town used to have some tall buildings and a hotel. 

Didn't read all posts here but wondering if you had to make some buildings on your own for this?

1 minute ago, Mellanbror said:

An awesome undertaking. Looks really good and I look forward to play on it!

South side of town used to have some tall buildings and a hotel. 

Didn't read all posts here but wondering if you had to make some buildings on your own for this?

Don't think that's the plan right now. I'm pretty sure he's waiting on new assets from OWI instead. Makes me all the more excited for Fallujah!

Now this is why I still believe in... humanity...

What a wonderful job, boy...

Don't make the walls too high otherwise vehicles/technicals arent going to be able to see over them making the sunken fields pointless as nobody will use them for vehicle cover.

I agree there should be a few walls though just to break it up and give a small opportunity to infantry to sneak up on the vehicles.

On 04/08/2016 at 11:00 AM, ChanceBrahh said:

Double posting but i need opinions again.

Wall or No Wall

(use the image above for the wall reference)

I personally cant decide, i think there should be walls cause it acts as cover and also lane ways for vehicles to get stuck in (and i dont want my poppies getting run over)

BUT

then i think there shouldnt be walls cause there isnt any in the PR version, it also acts as cover and vehicles can drive in getting abit lower covered by the mound rises.

(note i havent populated the edges with vegetation yet hence why it looks plain)

m9z1fiF.jpg

IuIU0Lx.jpg

No wall is better!

I am currently looking for some who is interested in helping complete the al basrah remake, needing someone to help out with optimization and a with the setting up of gamemodes.

PM me if interested.

(must know what your doing)

9 minutes ago, Psyko said:

Is anybody making really really tall shoulder high grass, and reeds for by waters edges?

You can see some tall weeds and cattails on the new map, Yehorivka. Around the edges of the center lake.

Yehorivka_3.jpg

2 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

You can see some tall weeds and cattails on the new map, Yehorivka. Around the edges of the center lake.

Yehorivka_3.jpg

when i was watching generation kill theres a bit where the hmmwvs are driving between villages, and i was astonished at the natural foliage, really dense grass and tall reeds higher than a person, and i noticed early on a discrepincy in project reality's trees, they are tiny. So it would be lovely to have proper trees, hedgerows and reeds. And not have such baldy landscapes.

was thinking of looking into it.

Haven't posted any images for awhile so here's a few

i know the roads and some building placements arent the EXACT same as the PR version but this isnt PR, its a remake of the map NOT A EXACT COPY. I am making the layout as close to as the original

(tractors are markings for vehicle placements)

(also i cut abit of the top of the map off but cbf fixing its 2am... bed time)

vEoaaWf.png

7et6cSB.jpg

ULwsydV.jpg

KzUvFyN.jpg

MtmuYeW.jpg

uJEJSRL.jpg

awiTJ0v.jpg

e2czPvu.jpg

IP9U3h3.jpg

Wow Brahh, that really looks amazing!

Can´t wait to see some moving pictures of it... :o

Fantastic. Can't wait to get out and experience your map with boots on the ground. I've travelled out in the middle eastern countries and I get a real vibe from your remake especially from pic 2 & 3. The view out from the base in pic 2 reminds me of Algeria and pic 3 could be picked off a middle eastern street view image.

Great job, keep them coming.

Edit: You know what's missing for me is some colour. There is usually a whole heap of signs about in middle eastern countries that is sadly lacking in the SDK I guess.

Edited by Major Trouble

On 8/9/2016 at 0:54 PM, Psyko said:

when i was watching generation kill theres a bit where the hmmwvs are driving between villages, and i was astonished at the natural foliage, really dense grass and tall reeds higher than a person, and i noticed early on a discrepincy in project reality's trees, they are tiny. So it would be lovely to have proper trees, hedgerows and reeds. And not have such baldy landscapes.

was thinking of looking into it.

that sounds awesome. also, dude, i love your avatar.

back on topic: Brahh, this map is sick. I can't wait to play it!!

Neat job, then again I'm just repeating myself over and over.

Just keep up your awesome work Chance

Will the UE4 weather features also have sand storms?