603 posts in this topic

@FishMan you're completely off base with those statements. Join the Modding Hub Discord and you'll see the devs spending lots of time supporting us and even helping us out a lot of the time (and if you're in there.... have a look once in a while).

Now, lets get back on topic. This is the Al Basrah Squad Remake thread. Not the "lets tell the developers what they should be doing" thread.

Posted (edited)

Hope the team for this map get compensated on release, the queue of people drooling for this is insane :P

Edited by GonzoPR

4 hours ago, FishMan said:

[...]

Wouldn't have thought you to think like this, especially as your tinkering with Scopes and such got a big and wide amount of attention of both modders and dev's on the Discord.

Of course the devs are prioritizing the game, and doing the SDK additions and tweaks as a secondoray project, but if you'd be active on Discord you'd see how much of their time the guys dedicate to us.

Greetings,

Tillee

PS: I cant wait for Basrah... urban areas are so much fun to fight in. ;)

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Assifuah said:

Join the Modding Hub Discord

Nah. I hate that junkyard there are too much flood going on... I'm too old for this bullshit :D 

I like forums, where information is more structured.

Discord as I see it - is for frivolous conversations, like facebook. At least as far as I understand it...

Maybe someday, but for now - just nah... 

3 hours ago, Tillee said:

Wouldn't have thought you to think like this, especially as your tinkering with Scopes and such got a big and wide amount of attention of both modders and dev's on the Discord.

Well I see people who start doing their maps and as a developer my self I clearly understand that without play tests this work is just useless, cause when you doing maps you should constantly test them in game to understand what is work and what's not. You can make the most beautiful map in the history, but if gameplay on your map is poor - no one will ever play on it. 

When Devs said about SDK I thought we will be able at least run our own servers with custom maps...

But there are no such ability as far as I know. That's why I'm saying that modding right now is just for nothing.

So when some say that Devs should decide which map should stay and which not - I say that every work should be independent from developers and community should decide things like which map is good and which is not.

Edited by FishMan

3 hours ago, FishMan said:

When Devs said about SDK I thought we will be able at least run our own servers with custom maps...

But there are no such ability as far as I know. That's why I'm saying that modding right now is just for nothing.

So when some say that Devs should decide which map should stay and which not - I say that every work should be independent from developers and community should decide things like which map is good and which is not.

Well i can definitly tell you it's a good idea joining the Modding one. 
Not too many people arround. ;)

I'd say it's as said , a thing of priority. Why create a possible dangerous because unsafe and regulated way to compile your mods, when that feature is on it's way anyways.
So I rather see the current implementation as a bonus, as a headstart til Modding really starts with the release of Steam WS support. 

Greetings,

Tillee

Looking good so far. I can wait. I'd rather have Chance polish this map and release it together with the Brits. Would also like to have a breacher class in Squad for these kind of city maps.

5 hours ago, FishMan said:

I believe in the future, once Squad is released, there will be some way for server owners to have custom mods & maps. Maybe released through the Stream workshop. 

For now though the only way non-dev map can be released is through official inclusion in the updates.

13 hours ago, FishMan said:

Nah. I hate that junkyard there are too much flood going on... I'm too old for this bullshit :D 

I like forums, where information is more structured.

Discord as I see it - is for frivolous conversations, like facebook. At least as far as I understand it...

Maybe someday, but for now - just nah... 

Well I see people who start doing their maps and as a developer my self I clearly understand that without play tests this work is just useless, cause when you doing maps you should constantly test them in game to understand what is work and what's not. You can make the most beautiful map in the history, but if gameplay on your map is poor - no one will ever play on it. 

Well perhaps if you had actually joined that so called "junkyard" where the devs talk to us on a regular basis, you would be aware that workshop support (and thus playtesting for our maps) is planned for this spring. Don't try to talk about things you make no effort to actually understand. And don't cry about shit that you've made no effort to change.

2 hours ago, Axton said:

Well perhaps if you had actually joined that so called "junkyard" where the devs talk to us on a regular basis, you would be aware that workshop support (and thus playtesting for our maps) is planned for this spring. Don't try to talk about things you make no effort to actually understand. And don't cry about shit that you've made no effort to change.

He just likes to be a miserable bastard. It's a way of life.

8 hours ago, Axton said:

Don't try to talk about things you make no effort to actually understand.  And don't cry about shit that you've made no effort to change.

If you do not have enough self-control to keep yourself in hand, when you are reading something that you don't like, do mercy - do not write anything or at least stop write some flame shit.

You don't even understood what and why I was saying and after you behave yourself like that I'm not even going to explain it to you.

I'am aware about "workshop support" and when they will add it etc. Turn your head on and you you will understand that I wasn't saying that they will never add "mod support". I said that they should do it and added some thoughts how it should be as well. Because I've read this:

They should have a competition for best modder's map and whoever wins gets to have it official.

The worst mistake what you can make about me is underestimate me. If I don't want to participate in your birthday party in junkyard, where you think that you making some "efforts" to Influence something - it's doesn't mean that I'am not aware about what is going on. So lower your tone. Cause I can be brute as well. Do you really think that if I answer your insults, it will lead us to something good? By the way Assifuah asked us to stop this conversation, but instead you prefer to make some hysterics. I clearly understand what you just defending your self like that, because someone said something you are not used to, I just don't understand why it's not obvious to you. ;)

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

He just likes to be a miserable bastard. It's a way of life.

People call me like that. Cause they need some short explanations, a label basically. 

Here is a life hack:

Someone said something unpleasant? Not a problem! Just put a label on him! *MAGICAL WHOSH!* Done! Problem solved! Now when this asshole open his smelly mouth - you can just say that he is "miserable bastard" (for example), and it automatically explaining everything so no one should continue to listen this dude. Universal solution! )

Well the most reason why do people have problems with me here is because my English is not very good, at least as I see it, cause it really hard for me to  translate my thoughts exactly )

Edited by FishMan

It's getting rather heated on here. I get everyone having an opinion but lets keep to the topic please everyone. We have a great community that doesn't need to fight, so lets put up our torches and get back to what this thread is about. 

As for this map, I've been watching for a while and I'm loving the progress that has been made. Al Basrah is looking rather attractive and I can't wait to see more of it in time ;) 

Cheers 

13 hours ago, FishMan said:

People call me like that. Cause they need some short explanations, a label basically. 

Here is a life hack:

Someone said something unpleasant? Not a problem! Just put a label on him! *MAGICAL WHOSH!* Done! Problem solved! Now when this asshole open his smelly mouth - you can just say that he is "miserable bastard" (for example), and it automatically explaining everything so no one should continue to listen this dude. Universal solution! )

Well the most reason why do people have problems with me here is because my English is not very good, at least as I see it, cause it really hard for me to  translate my thoughts exactly )

Your English is fine. I was referring to a modding thread that you made and titled "how to be a miserable bastard." I thought you had embraced that label :P

14 hours ago, FishMan said:

If you do not have enough self-control to keep yourself in hand, when you are reading something that you don't like, do mercy - do not write anything or at least stop write some flame shit.

You don't even understood what and why I was saying and after you behave yourself like that I'm not even going to explain it to you.

I'am aware about "workshop support" and when they will add it etc. Turn your head on and you you will understand that I wasn't saying that they will never add "mod support". I said that they should do it and added some thoughts how it should be as well. Because I've read this:

The worst mistake what you can make about me is underestimate me. If I don't want to participate in your birthday party in junkyard, where you think that you making some "efforts" to Influence something - it's doesn't mean that I'am not aware about what is going on. So lower your tone. Cause I can be brute as well. Do you really think that if I answer your insults, it will lead us to something good? By the way Assifuah asked us to stop this conversation, but instead you prefer to make some hysterics. I clearly understand what you just defending your self like that, because someone said something you are not used to, I just don't understand why it's not obvious to you. ;)

If you did understand when writing your previous messages, then you certainly made a good effort to make it look like you did not. Additionally, calling me out for 'flaming' when you're writing 5 paragraph essays to every person who responds to you is pretty funny. Now, I don't like flame wars so I'm not gonna let this devolve into one. Let's get back to talking about basrah, like this thread was intended to.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

I was referring to a modding thread that you made and titled "how to be a miserable bastard." I thought you had embraced that labe

Well, that wasn't my words )) I just repeat them cause I like them ) And it's not the only label that people put on me here ) I'm not gonna tell you the others cause I'm pretty sure u're not interested, just saying )

5 hours ago, Axton said:

Additionally, calling me out for 'flaming' when you're writing 5 paragraph essays to every person who responds to you is pretty

I allways write a lot and people allways saying me this. If you find it funny, then - always please, enjoy a good mood. Funny is another my favorite label, by the way.

And yeah it was the short version in previous posts :D 

5 hours ago, Axton said:

If you did understand when writing your previous messages, then you certainly made a good effort to make it look like you did not.

It was a little bit diffetent: Showing what I know that someday OWI will add mod support - wasn't my goal, cause this is something obvious. The person who seriously thinks that there never will be any mod support - is just not exist. I was talking about the things at the current time and about words I quoted.

5 hours ago, Axton said:

Let's get back to talking about basrah, like this thread was intended to.

Sure! Back to Al Basrah...

Edited by FishMan

post more pics pls, it might stop the shitposting

updated the gas station and placed afew buildings between city and it.

not to mention the two extensions to the right

dsemowg.png

Looking good! I can't wait for Alpha 9 and see what nice new additions you can place on your map! ^_^

Posted (edited)

Sorry if this has been asked, but how deep is the water? And what happens if you enter deep water? Do you walk on the bottom or are you automatically killed?

Edited by Sorta

30 minutes ago, Sorta said:

Sorry if this has been asked, but how deep is the water? And what happens if you enter deep water? Do you walk on the bottom or are you automatically killed?

Just now, Thenis said:

Thanks, neat stuff

AAS Layer drawn up

ynY9xft.png

PAAS layer drawn up, yellow markers are temp spawn points for 3-5mins at the beginning of the round like Sumari and Kohat have

gTTAckC.png

Wow, I can almost smell the cake in the oven now... :)