416 posts in this topic

That's what you call a map, ****in artistically made, good job guys. +11111111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chance this is absolutely amazing mate, thanks to everyone else involved too. Great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMAZING!!!

COOL! T building! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fantastic job guys! i hope you ll get the credit for your hard work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This smoke from burning cars looks pretty wierd when it combined with the fog.

Have you tried to disable Separate Translucency in the shader? Im not sure but it might help to blend it with the fog.

 

pic.jpg

Edited by FishMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 7:09 AM, ChanceBrahh said:

Yes because the water is deep i will be adding damage to the water so no one will be able to run through it

 

I think he asked because the river formed an important natural barrier in PR's version. It made holding/repairing the bridges a strategic decision. Right now in Squad, the rivers are mostly used like watery super highways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5xrXE5d.jpgwW9YG5v.jpg

 

What do you guys think?

Edited by SirrCharles
Comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the BF2 remodelled buildings, this will definitely be the most detailed remake of a PR map thus far. Can't wait to play it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't wait to garrison some buildings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all looks glorious! I'm also very excited, for this will be the first Urban map for Squad! BTW, will you be sharing the buildings with the Squad devs, so they can make more urban maps like Fallujah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarEagle751 said:

This all looks glorious! I'm also very excited, for this will be the first Urban map for Squad! BTW, will you be sharing the buildings with the Squad devs, so they can make more urban maps like Fallujah?

Re using copies of bf2 buildings for us in an official capacity would get real sticky real quick. (i.e. illegal)

 

But.. adding this map via map mods will be doable including the buildings and likely making it all reuseable as well.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Re using copies of bf2 buildings for us in an official capacity would get real sticky real quick. (i.e. illegal)

 

But.. adding this map via map mods will be doable including the buildings and likely making it all reuseable as well.    

well you better tell him that. But a lot of people make the same foilage. Or the same sun for the sky. Would it be this big of a deal since they created it themselves in likeness, not a copy. Especially if its reminiscent of real life buildings in those locations. I wouldn't imagine it being that big of a deal since people arent getting sued for using likeness of real life buildings.

Edited by grimshadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The buildings have been made from scratch, just add some stuff to it like extra details or parts and there should be no issues with using these for the main game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gimme naow plz.

 

24/7 Al Basrah servers will be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

The buildings have been made from scratch, just add some stuff to it like extra details or parts and there should be no issues with using these for the main game.

I don't know any of the legal stuff but I think this is comparable to plagiarism. The models are clearly based on BF2 models, and this thread makes that obvious. Moving the positions of a few windows or changing the texture slightly won't make them original content even though they were made from scratch.

 

Anyway, making this into a mod and having 24/7 Al Basrah servers sounds good to me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

Look at the buildings and tell me that bf2 has the rights to a building that shape. They are completely different looking minus the shape.

If this was the case than who ever build the first square house in a video game could sue everyone esle that made a house square, even if they changed the type of shingles, and color of the house. Plus at this point I really dont think anyone will give a shit.

 

Legally that argument would not hold up, which parallels this right here.

Now I would understand if they were ripped from bf2 directly somehow. But this is plain ****ing stupid. Its like suing someone that made ****ing grass that looks like grass someone else made. And it isnt illegal to use likeness of something. Google it, palathera of cases on the subject.  For example look at satire shows that use the likeness of pl they are making fun of, perfectly legal.

Edited by grimshadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, grimshadow said:
  Hide contents

 

Look at the buildings and tell me that bf2 has the rights to a building that shape. They are completely different looking minus the shape.

If this was the case than who ever build the first square house in a video game could sue everyone esle that made a house square, even if they changed the type of shingles, and color of the house. Plus at this point I really dont think anyone will give a shit.

 

Legally that argument would not hold up, which parallels this right here.

Now I would understand if they were ripped from bf2 directly somehow. But this is plain ****ing stupid. Its like suing someone that made ****ing grass that looks like grass someone else made. And it isnt illegal to use likeness of something. Google it, palathera of cases on the subject.  For example look at satire shows that use the likeness of pl they are making fun of, perfectly legal.

 

I mean, i dont really know anything about anything except that EA are a bunch of c*nts. I'd be risk adverse in this situation too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now