13 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Some of the buildings are just there to get an idea of spacing but you get the idea

That looks so nice!!! Im not trying to stress you but im really looking forward to seing pictures with pavements, trees/other plants, fences and so on. Hope we will start seing more modder maps in game in 2-3 months. All the sudden we have 2 times as many maps.

Loving the new buildings. The scale looks off compared to the mosque though. I am sure you know that already as you said you just put them in for spacing.

replaced the bridges, filled and lowered poppie fields,

Uv6ckQ4.jpg

more work done on the refinery today, extended the wall along the river bank (will lower the terrain alittle bit from where the brown road ends to the front of the big warehouse)

vEwEd91.jpg

Next step is to rough up the terrain abit then once that is done ill being to add foliage, palm trees and shrubs

Please do kashan next, that's my dream :x it'll probably take you an hour since there's almost nothing on the map 

Edited by Darthy

Added the different levels to this area

S5mgko2.jpg

MK4nQYD.jpg

added the retaining wall here and here aswell

UrUQStw.jpg

UBWkhk2.jpg

Absolutely great work. Basrah was my favorite map back in PR.

Don't be afraid to expand the city a bit, move some farms back, clear some of the desert away.

Basrah is one of the biggest cities in Iraq, not a small town. It should reflect that because all in all the city is probably the size of the village in Kokan.

15 minutes ago, Turk said:

Don't be afraid to expand the city a bit, move some farms back, clear some of the desert away.

Basrah is one of the biggest cities in Iraq, not a small town. It should reflect that because all in all the city is probably the size of the village in Kokan.

For now there will be no city expansion, once the map is complete and depending on performance i may extend the city or surrounding areas or maybe even use the other side of that river and put another village there... who knows...

I dont lol

And there#s the house of pain :) nice to see. Cracking work

03dzqS7.png

VERY WIP, Textures will change and be much better. This was just a quick n dirty texture job to see how the asset will look ingame Squad.

And yes my FPS is over 9000

Edited by SirrCharles

14 minutes ago, SirrCharles said:

03dzqS7.png

VERY WIP, Textures will change and be much better. This was just a quick n dirty texture job to see how the asset will look ingame Squad.

And yes my FPS is over 9000

Even with temp textures this actually looks quite good! Keep it up man

Spoiler

Just some food for thought for all you mappers, not only graffiti but could be used for your signage for shops and store fronts

Edited by dewi316
I'm stupid

Hey guys,

As you most of you know i have restarted the Al Basrah remake due to amazing building models SirrCharles has been making, it didnt seem right to add them to my previous version as you cant polish a turd lol. We are currently looking for afew people to help out with the texturing of these models to speed up the process and get the map ingame ASAP.

Experience with texturing is a must!!

Private message me here if your interested =] or hit us up on discord

basrah discord https://discord.gg/H2YpYff

Btw, were those models imported from BF2 or created from scratch? I'm just wondering if this might cause some kind of issue since Squad is a commercial game.

Anyway, I like how you're going for the authentic PR look. This is going to be the most nostalgic map.

19 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Btw, were those models imported from BF2 or created from scratch? I'm just wondering if this might cause some kind of issue since Squad is a commercial game.

Anyway, I like how you're going for the authentic PR look. This is going to be the most nostalgic map.

" For your info: It is not ripped but modeled with 95% accuracy to the original model from bf2 "

We, (sirrcharles) is going to be doing slight changes to avoid anyone worried about this issue, we want to people when they play the map to be feel as if its the same as PR but when you put them side by side you notice the slight difference that dont take away from the main goal.

TZTm9rd.jpg

still need to add grass and rocks to the rest of the foliage and weeds to the swamp but this gives you an idea.

OkpYRHM.jpg

lP6gwhG.jpg

fHMz7h8.jpg

t3jAUbR.jpg

y0XL5nR.jpg

GEKPFfm.jpg

Vn5Cz0V.jpg

jO5L5xk.jpg

4OwFlAh.jpg