On 12/5/2016 at 10:18 PM, American Outlaw said:

The PR city like buildings would be fantastic for this Basrah remake...  SirrCharles you have been knighted as the man for this task. Great job so far on the early models. 

kFDj3vQ.jpg

First groundwork of re-modeling the original PR buildings from Al Basrah.

I hope when Brahh adds it to the map it will bring back a lot of nostalgic feelings :) and maby even a little tear :P 

I also plan to model extra buildings in the same architectural style.

So Brahh can can hopefully start laying the groundwork for the urban area's soon.

Edited by SirrCharles

On 12/5/2016 at 7:43 AM, SirrCharles said:

The iconic Corner Building from PR would fit perfectly into this map for nostalgic reasons :).

If people, pr fans, and the map designer would like some of the original "design" buildings.

I could do it, we even could make the building enter-able and do small visual enchantments.

I think in the case of remake it would make sense so the map will keep the original feeling.

f9Ga2bk.jpg

For your info: It is not ripped but modeled with 95% accuracy to the original model from bf2.

get onto the mosque :D asap

Oh damn that that looks sooo cool. 

Will we have some additional improvements and we will also have the opportunity to enter the buildings (which is not possible in PR) ? 

Because that corner building with small opened windows call for it. 

I strangely feel at home now :D

I'm skeptical how lenient EA will be on using BF2 statics(or close replicas of them) in the main game, let's hope they are not interested in fighting over the de-facto abandonware BF2 as they have the better lawyers for sure. As long as OWI doesn't declare your Al Basrah to be an "official map" you should be in safe waters.

Is there going to be more street debree like wrecked cars and the fires coming from broken buildings? 

The moods of the maps were nice when it looked like it was already war torn and smoke was coming from the city 

46 minutes ago, Zeno965 said:

We need house of pain in there also @SirrCharles;) and also the T-shape!

"House of Pain" is in the making :) i'm still wondering where does the name come from?

2 hours ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Good question, I always asked that myself.

From what I've read on the PR forums(not coming from BF2 myself), it's called that way because it is just a mess to fight over in vBF2. Having only one real entrance lead to countless virtual deaths in and around the house and that caused players to name it House of Pain.

"What I learned today...."

More enterable buildings would be nice, tho it would also mean a lot of modelling work. At least if the buildings are made and implented i feel like it would do just fine to get that PR feeling, but a lot more enterable buildings would be a nice bonus.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

51 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

From what I've read on the PR forums(not coming from BF2 myself), it's called that way because it is just a mess to fight over in vBF2. Having only one real entrance lead to countless virtual deaths in and around the house and that caused players to name it House of Pain.

"What I learned today...."

This. Its one of the few enterable buildings in vBF2 (and PR too to some extend) so alot of fighting takes place in and around it.