Geckocoz

Windows 10 password issue

Just upgraded my old Windows 7 box to Windows 10 at the end of MS promotion time. As usual, I set a password for it. I thought it was the same as in Windows 7 but it turns out wrong. Now I can't get into the computer. I tried a tool called Ophcrack but it keeps saying table not found. Any tech guy help on this? 

@Geckocoz Windows 10 has the ability to have a local account. However, unless you explicitly tell it to do so, it will require you to login with your Windows account which would be an email account and password.

Well in this case you can try to sign in with the local account. To do this in your account section, select Sign in with a local account instead and follow the directions, and after that you are not allowed to use your Microsoft logon name. And you can use any password you want.

Try this. Good Luck!!!

Okay, if you have forgotten windows 10 password, then follow the following steps to reset windows 10 password.

A. Boot from Safe Mode . . .Administrator Login . . . 

1. Restart your computer and continuously press F8 (F10 in some computers). 
2. In the boot screen, select your hard disk drive, and press enter. 
3. As soon as you press enter, start pressing F8 again. This will load the mode to start windows. 
4. Choose Safe Mode form the list. Wait for a minute or two. 
5. When the logon screen loads, choose the administrator account, and log in though it. (You may require Administartor password for this.) 

B. Removal of Password 

6. Now, Open Command Prompt. 
7. Type 'net user', press Enter. 
8. That will list the users registered to the computer. 
9. The next step is type 'net user username *' 

Note: Be careful while typing the statement in no 9. Type exactly as it is there without neglecting a space. The username may be replaced with your account username. Don't forget the asterisk.  

Edited by Jacksonlly

5 hours ago, Jacksonlly said:

1. Restart your computer and continuously press F8 (F10 in some computers)a. Just to help, its F11 on MSI mainbords and F8 on ASUS mainboards

Just wanted to help out, thank you @Jacksonllyfor helping someone out with your very first post!

Welcome to the community, nice to have you! :)

On 2016/7/30 at 0:35 PM, taylor8806 said:

Well in this case you can try to sign in with the local account after you reset windows 10 password without disc.  To do this in your account section, select Sign in with a local account instead and follow the directions, and after that you are not allowed to use your Microsoft logon name. And you can use any password you want.

Try this. Good Luck!!!

If you the password is not the MS online account, it's local password, then how do I reset my local admin password on windows 10 ? 

Edited by icoolfans

On 2016/8/5 at 11:17 AM, Jacksonlly said:

Okay, if you have forgotten windows 10 password, then follow the following steps to reset Windows 10 password

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html

A. Boot from Safe Mode . . .Administrator Login . . . 

1. Restart your computer and continuously press F8 (F10 in some computers). 
2. In the boot screen, select your hard disk drive, and press enter. 
3. As soon as you press enter, start pressing F8 again. This will load the mode to start windows. 
4. Choose Safe Mode form the list. Wait for a minute or two. 
5. When the logon screen loads, choose the administrator account, and log in though it. (You may require Administartor password for this.) 

B. Removal of Password 

6. Now, Open Command Prompt. 
7. Type 'net user', press Enter. 
8. That will list the users registered to the computer. 
9. The next step is type 'net user username *' 

Note: Be careful while typing the statement in no 9. Type exactly as it is there without neglecting a space. The username may be replaced with your account username. Don't forget the asterisk.  

I can not still boot my computer yst. i have a MS account , but i don't knwo if it works to me ,

Edited by Hamalserq

Just search on youtube, we can find different bootable CDs (based on Linux or WinPE) that can reset a forgotten Windows password:

Posted (edited)
On 2017/12/29 at 2:23 PM, Alles93 said:

Just search on youtube, we can find different bootable CDs (based on Linux or WinPE) that can reset a forgotten Windows password: https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-10-password.html

Thanks , I prefer to use password reset disk to do .for these people who didn't make any disk , you can try making bootable disk with USB/DVD/CD if you forgot admin password for Windows 10 .

Edited by Kamerysk