VL7

20-30 Minute Game Mode?

Hi guys/gals, I decided to sign up and post about a game mode idea.

I've tried looking for a game mode that fits my needs but I haven't found much. VIP, AAS, and others I have found still seem to take too long.

I understand that we all love the communication and teamwork that vanilla Squad gives us, but there are times where i just want to hop in for 20 minutes before work and do some shooting. A lot of time when I play squad, I'm usually walking for the first 10-15 minutes. I enjoy this feature when I have a large amount of time to play squad, but during the workweek, it is not feasible. 

Every time I boot up the training grounds, I feel like there is a missed opportunity inside. The shoothouse/maze would be awesome for a small scale 6 vs 6 or 10 vs 10 map.

Here are some of the ideas I have lined up for it.

• 20-30 minute max game mode
  • 1 life, no respawning until next round
  • Only 1 kit would have access to frag grenades (to cut back on grenade spam that is inherent in cod/modern shooters)
  • (optional) Other kits have access to 1 flashbang
  • Round ends once opposing team is eliminated

I know the devs are focused on getting vehicles out, along with other weapons and large scale maps, but I'm curious if the devs have anything lined up in line with my suggestions?

TLDR: I just want to be able to boot up Squad and have fun shooting stuff in less than 20 minutes rather than play for 20-30 minutes before I even get to shoot a single enemy. I know there are other shooters out there that provide this, but they do not have the handling or ballistics of squad.

*cough* I put in over 1000 hours into America's Army 2.

Z-Trooper and I have been bouncing around a few similar ideas for a long time.

I'm sure if the devs do not get to it first, a modder will be able to rewrite the gamemode BPs to make it happen.

Skirmish mode from PR - that's what you want.

But then again, why not just play Insurgency instead, it's basically the same and you get to mod your gun :)

We've held some impromptu games on the shooting range. We do pistols only 3v3's and stuff in the CQB area, we also do 5v5's up at the quarry north of the range. They're some fun times.

16 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

Skirmish mode from PR - that's what you want.

But then again, why not just play Insurgency instead, it's basically the same and you get to mod your gun :)

It's too arcadey. A single person can win a game for their team. I love squad's handling and ballistics.

Like others have said it will at least be modded. While I understand your dilemma I don't want shorter games. Often I don't play squad because I can't allocate two hours or more to thoroughly enjoy it. I am looking forward to larger maps and logistics and rounds that last 60 to 90 minutes or longer.

I have to agree with PolishKruk. To really enjoy what Squad is offering you have to have the time to play. I have though joined servers to help seed them and fight over one cp which have been pretty fun. 

19 hours ago, VL7 said:

Hi guys/gals, I decided to sign up and post about a game mode idea.

There is a Skirmish mode. And rounds in Skirmish isn't longer than 20 minutes. The thing is that Skirmish mode isn't that popular. You can see it occasionally on different servers but I haven't seen a single server with skirmish only mode.