DeathMetalMarine

I have a question regarding the in-game name in credits

I was wondering how will the devs receive the names of the founders in order to add them into the ingame credits? Will they put our display names from the kickstarter website, or will they ask for them to be PMed/posted on the forums?

its gonna be your in-game name so whatever you go by in the game. Most likely after the kickstarter ends you'll get an e-mail about everything.

its gonna be your in-game name so whatever you go by in the game. Most likely after the kickstarter ends you'll get an e-mail about everything.

I thought they'll be adding RL names lol~ That's good to know.

I understood it as "your name in the in game credits" :P .

So let me get this straight. Your in-game name says more about who you are then your real name?

If I could afford to pledge that/was single I would much rather have my real name in some credits than somd meaningless game name. I see people like bluedrake who have to introduce themself as "bluedrake" "frankiesomething1080p" etc for people to understand who they are. To me that just seem awkward and funny to be frank

It had to be said sorry :(

It's going to be interesting how they do names. The game is through steam so it should follow your profile name. Well, anyone can change their profile name to whatever so how will they differentiate founder Jeff over noob Jeff? It gets pretty crazy in the game Insurgency because anyone can be any name they want. They also mention registering clans so I wonder how that will factor into your steam profile name.

It's going to be interesting how they do names. The game is through steam so it should follow your profile name. Well, anyone can change their profile name to whatever so how will they differentiate founder Jeff over noob Jeff? It gets pretty crazy in the game Insurgency because anyone can be any name they want. They also mention registering clans so I wonder how that will factor into your steam profile name.

it's really quite simple , your Steam GUID never changes , it's tied to your game key . All " tags/key " are coded to follow your GUID , so it doesn't matter what you decide to call yourself ;) That is also how clans control who is allowed to wear their " Colors " , Arma's system is a good example .  :)

So let me get this straight. Your in-game name says more about who you are then your real name?

If I could afford to pledge that/was single I would much rather have my real name in some credits than somd meaningless game name. I see people like bluedrake who have to introduce themself as "bluedrake" "frankiesomething1080p" etc for people to understand who they are. To me that just seem awkward and funny to be frank

I have to agree with this. But to be honest it isn't that much of a big deal. It's not like we're not gonna be getting anything else to mark us as founders~ I'm really excited to see how the founder weapons will turn out when they;re finished! I also can't wait to see what the in game founder patch and the founder tag in the forums look like. :rolleyes:

When was the last time you actually read the game credits ..... it just doesn't matter :P:ph34r:

it's really quite simple , your Steam GUID never changes , it's tied to your game key . All " tags/key " are coded to follow your GUID , so it doesn't matter what you decide to call yourself ;) That is also how clans control who is allowed to wear their " Colors " , Arma's system is a good example .  :)

Never played ARMA. Thanks for clarifying. 

There's going to be an awful lot of names so it'll only be you once who looks i suspect....

I just hope they get my name right on my tombstone! :lol:  My forum name is "rulie" with a lower case "r", My avatar has the icon shortcut from the Joint Operations Reality mod, my steam name is rulie-JDF-, which showed up "in game" when i tested SQUAD a little while ago, the -JDF- on my steam name stands for "Jeffs Defence Force" ...i am a founder of SQUAD but im not a noob! :P:):D

50bux AUS to the first person who can tell me what sample i used @00.00 - 00.11

http://rule303-jdf-music.bandcamp.com/track/crossfire-carnage-r3v10602

Hmm, Weird. I can't remember the last time I've even seen credits in a multiplayer game. I mean credits are generally shown at the end of the game, which only applies to single player usually. I guess there will be a link in the main menu. Doubt anyone will ever click it other than the founders .

To answer the OP, I believe the devs said they would send founders and email once the KickStarter campaign is over. The email will ask you several questions.

What id like to see in the credits is "Game Name" - "Real Name"