Sign in to follow this  
Dennisz125

Agreed/Disagreed button

40 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

yeah, how?

when you create new topic there is tab for content and next to that is poll.

hmmm... there was option to add poll even after topic is made but can't find that option now... maybe it's removed, dunno. Sorry, didn't check once i posted (i was sure there was that option since i added poll later in one of my topics).

To add a Poll to to a topic there is generally a short period of time in which to add one after the fact.  On my site it is set for 24 hours after the thread has been initiated.

On 7/26/2016 at 6:14 PM, Dennisz125 said:

There was situation when someone made a post and I agreed with that person, the best thing we could do is press like but if someone made a post that you disagree and you don't want to make a reply that you don't like, I think a simple dislike/disagree button will do the trick.

It will lead to like-whoring even more(like-whoring exists even now, especially after they added reputation system) and will make people to not post comments whenever they will think someone will not like it etc.

On 7/26/2016 at 8:16 AM, koschilein said:

I don´t really like this idea to be honest, that will only end in people hating each other and going at it. That would make this forum a lot more toxic I think.

I completely agree. I cant believe they've introduced a upvote and downvote button now.

so those buttons are gone too, now. <insert lolz>

why can't we just have the Like button (and Dislike, if you really need it) without the silly "reputation" metric.

I used the search function and came to this topic... Why not just a upvote button? Like "User A,B,C ... found this post useful" etc. 

I thought all the time I am missing the button but it seems like there is no such button

Would be the equivalent to the "+1" comments just automated and showing in the post of the user

1 hour ago, EKzyis said:

I used the search function and came to this topic... Why not just a upvote button? Like "User A,B,C ... found this post useful" etc. 

I thought all the time I am missing the button but it seems like there is no such button

Would be the equivalent to the "+1" comments just automated and showing in the post of the user

We had this system but the devs decided to remove it. I highly doubt it is coming back :) 

- I understand the concern over the negative effects of the disagree button. 

- I also understand the usefulness of the suggestion

- I have no idea what is involved in making that happen.

1) So I suggest we only add the agree button. This way good ideas are simply agreed to without the risk of disagreement being an issue.

2)  If there is still concern about the effects, what it is was placed in only certain sections of the forum such as Hardware Tech Support?

On 4/24/2017 at 4:00 PM, Bug said:

- I understand the concern over the negative effects of the disagree button. 

- I also understand the usefulness of the suggestion

- I have no idea what is involved in making that happen.

1) So I suggest we only add the agree button. This way good ideas are simply agreed to without the risk of disagreement being an issue.

2)  If there is still concern about the effects, what it is was placed in only certain sections of the forum such as Hardware Tech Support?

Good idea, but currently, it's rare to see any opinion threads anymore, website moderators remove the "like" button for a very good reason.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:28 AM, MultiSquid said:

I honestly don't think this would lead to people being more toxic. Toxicity doesn't come from hitting a dislike button on someone's post but rather from the comments you might or might not make as a reaction to said post.

I actually like this idea, it's simple and clearly shows whether the community agrees with certain stance or not.

Spot on! It also helps to make the communities position on a topic less subjective. Sort of like voting, everyone has something to say but only those that vote put value towards the discussion, otherwise its just talk... right? 

We used to have a like post button, I dont know why it was removed but im glad it is. People just end up making threads to circlejerk and like each others posts. Its also kinda defeating the purpose of a forum. You dislike someones opinion? let them know why in a constructive manner in a post, don't just hit the ambiguous "dislike" button to let them know nothing other than you dont like something about them or their post. That, Is toxic. Same with likes, instead of liking someones post, make a post yourself and support their opinion.

Non-constructive feedback is not something we should encourage.

Best how it is now, really no point of upvote without downvote, or Like without You wrong sucka.

One main factor why the like button was removed, @marxman, is because someone made "Give me likes for no reason" thread and everyone, including myself, was giving likes to everyone, which defeat the purpose of likes in the first place.