AverageIntelligence

Sweep and Annihilate Game Mode

So I was thinking the other day on what could be done to increase the play-ability for the short and long term and something that could be feasibly implemented in a short amount of time. What i came up with is this, It's not very well thought out yet I'm working on the details so give me some time to work on the idea. Feedback is highly appreciated i really think this could change the face of Squad for the better. Also i know something like this has been talked about before but here's my version of it.

Game mode Scope & Notes so Far:

-Using FOB's as the objectives, they are not known on map to enemies. No objectives to take and hold like in AAS.

-Having a limited number of FOB's dependent on the number of squads 4--5 squads means 2-3 FOBs that can be placed in the entire match.

-No more then 50% of remaining FOB's can be placed at a time. So this way there are still squads who are not defending an FOB but are instead either supporting the defense or sweeping for enemy FOBs

-For use on Large Maps with very large ticket amounts.

-Let's the players decide where to hold and makes players scout for enemy held positions. '

-Has the potential to have erm... Really bad Sportsmenship due to corner FOB trolling so maybe make FOB's be placed 200m from the nearest edge of map for this specific game mode.

-Main Base starts with unlimited points to place deployables and the like to heavily fortify it for the first ten minutes in the match with double the HMGs and double the build radius of a normal FOB.

-Maybe a commander role (specifically for this game mode) to help with deciding where FOB's should be placed and helping coordinate other FOBs help.

-Once the last remaining FOB goes down and no more FOBs remain, a timer starts for that team and if another FOB is not placed within that time frame; the remaining FOB (points?) drops to zero and the assault on the Heavily Fortified Main Base begins for the enemy team.

-Now main base acts as essentially a very short respawn timer FOB.

-Once main base has been neutralized enemy team wins...... cue epic win music

Conclusion

The idea of this mode is to add an Epic and even more dynamic game mode to an already extremely dynamic game. The mode is Focused on bringing on the best qualities of squad out to light Hinging everything on teamwork, communication, FOB placement, proper coordination, and adds a realistic warfare environment (imo).

I know it's not the best idea but i think i have a good one here. Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by AverageIntelligence

PR has a similar mode called Command & Control, each team is allowed to place 1 fob on map, the goal is to capture other team fob while defending yours.

Just an idea, how about the PC picks where you place your first FOB, randomly picked from a menu of lets say 50 different locations. So you spawn at main and have to make your way to set up first FOB.

On 7/23/2016 at 9:21 AM, Zenrique said:

PR has a similar mode called Command & Control, each team is allowed to place 1 fob on map, the goal is to capture other team fob while defending yours.

I know i don't particularly like C&C it's not really epic enough for me they could have drove it further.

On 7/23/2016 at 10:04 AM, dewi316 said:

Just an idea, how about the PC picks where you place your first FOB, randomly picked from a menu of lets say 50 different locations. So you spawn at main and have to make your way to set up first FOB.

that's not a bad idea

Edited by AverageIntelligence

I really like this idea! Brings an RTS element to an FPS. Similar to the BF2/PR Commander role but with more freedom. Obviously it comes down to the people playing the game as you would expect....which...since when did that ever happen :)

Mav B|