TheOatmealMuffin

Should a 14 year old play Squad?

Hi everyone,

I've known about Squad for a while and I'm quite interested in buying it, however, I am only 14 years old and I'm worried about the reception I will get in game knowing that I'm probably not welcome. I think of myself as quite mature and I really want to play a game where I can work as a team with others. I play things such as Planetside 2 often and occasionally play Arma 3, although I still enjoy Battlefield and various other FPS games and the like.

Do you think that I should get the game or not?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The game is awesome, so is the community.

However, if you're on VOIP some people might be annoyed by your voice and the fact you are still young.

You might try BF2:ProjectReality (completely free!) to check how the community will react, it is a very similar/nearly the same community. http://realitymod.com

Even though the engine is very old and the graphics aren't the best, the gameplay is similar as in SQUAD/as it is going to be in Squad one day.

In the end, a lot of the responses will come down on how your own behaviour is, if you act adult, you're more likely gonna be treated equally.

If you act like an adult you get treated like one,
I've been in squads with 14 - 15 year olds that say "sir, yes sir" "where do you need me squad leader" "What kit do you need me to take squad lead" super respectful, 10/10 would play with them again.

I've also played with 25 year olds who do bong rips into the mic and shout out insults and racist comments that I would love to ban forever. age is just a number.

1 hour ago, SuicidalChair said:

I've also played with 25 year olds who do bong rips into the mic and shout out insults and racist comments that I would love to ban forever. age is just a number.

Exactly. Looking at some people imitating idiots after the round ends and scream around like little kids they are way less mature than some young players.

21 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

sir, yes sir

Haha, I always find that ridiculous, but I agree with your point.

I am 14, i made it into a clan, when i go solo squad leaders like me most of the time and i am new.

If you're mature, everything is possible.

@TheOatmealMuffin The most important thing is this. Is your parents happy & comfortable you playing Squad & talking to different folks from  all corners of the Earth.

If the answer is Yes...Then,there's No problem.

Welcome to the familia mate.

Jump ingame with the likes off ^^^ & you will be fine. If your parents have any issues , Im more than happy to answer any of their concerns via pm.

2 hours ago, BuLL said:

Jump ingame with the likes off ^^^ & you will be fine. If your parents have any issues , Im more than happy to answer any of their concerns via pm.

Every time I see your picture with the head of the dog partially cut off I think of a chihuahua, gives me a good chuckle.

8 hours ago, Nate said:

9 hours ago, SuicidalChair said:

sir, yes sir

Haha, I always find that ridiculous, but I agree with your point.

Edited by Ghost Assassin

@TheOatmealMuffinI also highly recommend to not get annoyed when people do make fun of you or say something hurtful, just stand above that and be the adult here. There will always be those people even in this very awesome community.

I bet if you ask nicely someone will step up and gladly lead you into the game in his/her Squad! I would but I just can´t play at the moment.

Welcome to the community! :)

when I bought squad I was 14 years old, but I did not have a really young voice. So it was no problem for me getting accepted in the game.

Also If you buy squad I would highly recommend to get into a clan.

On 7/22/2016 at 6:18 AM, NotBrad said:

Every time I see your picture with the head of the dog partially cut off I think of a chihuahua, gives me a good chuckle.

Actually he annoyed me,so I disciplined him lol. Nah,It changed a while back & I`ve been too busy to update it if truth be told.

We were all young once, it wasn't too long ago when I got told off for having a high voice. All you need to do in Squad is follow your SL's orders and call out if you see enemies. Keep it at that and you'll be ok. 

The topic on the subject of being a young player was asked very frequently and there are many threads on the topic that were created in the past. Therefore, a merged thread was created to continue discussion on the subject in a collected informational way. Please refer to the following link to continue on the topic:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/31963-im-a-kid-how-will-people-react-towards-me-and-how-should-i-behave/

I thank you for your understanding and hope you will find a lot of useful information there.
/locked