Krypton56

Team Killing

5 hours ago, Pvt.Chill said:

Most active moderated severs watch TKs and kick/ban very fast.

Im talking about the accidental TK's so that it makes people more aware so people think about throwing that grenade or shooting blindly into a room

team killing is annoying yes, however we need to differentiate if team killing is on purpose oraccidental!

well, in most cases it's hard to tell, so i would personally rather avoid a drastic punishment.

i think there should be a "warning notification" presented to the (poential) team killing player,

i am thinking of some kind of preventive radio message like when you shoot a team mate

or fire very closely to their direrction dev's could implement some in game radio messages

like "watch your fire" or "cease fire, cease fire" similar to ARMA.

this could also add to the immersion imho!

if someone is having a really high team kill ratio, i would suggest an extended spawn time. this

is going to hurt the team of course but it's would be less of a hurt than having a "punish/forgive"

option which can get out of hand very quickly and damage the tean even more.

@FIXXXER I like the idea of an auto call out when shooting at a friendly as I am positive I've died to a lot of FF while making a flanking manoeuvre or camping a bush. However if does lead to a shoot first ask questions later mentality as the emphasis moves away from identifying your target.

After thinking about this some more I think that my whole idea was bad I think there should be no penalties for tk's if someone makes a mistake so what hopefully they learn for next time everyone says you dumbass and have joke and move on. For intentional team kills all we need to do is wait for the RCON and make admining easier and that's how it will have to be controlled. there is no reason why everyone should be punished for a select few being dumb asses.  

Edited by Krypton56

Ideally I would like to see every player apologizing in the "all chat" naming the guy they TK'd this would solve all the TK problems if  only the community could work out a way of doing this? any suggestions

this would then flag up problematic players it also helps the gameplay as you know If you where shot by a friendly enemy's haven't breached your defence for instance.

We try to do this in our server with admin messages but as there are so many new players its hard to do 

Edited by Krypton56

Just quit playing Squad after 10min from launching the game, as some idiot was sitting on the main base and team killing everyone that spawned... What is wrong with these people?

I really don't see whats wrong with 3 TK's in a round, your kicked for 5 mins.

If it's on purpose and you come back then the admin or players can handle it.

If it was an accident, think about what you did and re-connect in 5mins. I am ok with a sensible 'punishment for friendly fire at this level.

Help's people watch their nades and RPG's, MG fire etc.

Had a rare on purpose TK situation last night after 5 rounds of trouble free great Squad. Guy just got pissed re a vehicle and shot a couple of our guys, then grenaded a big group of us. The server then lost 12 players as we called it a night.

On 8/11/2016 at 3:21 AM, Major Trouble said:

@FIXXXER I like the idea of an auto call out when shooting at a friendly as I am positive I've died to a lot of FF while making a flanking manoeuvre or camping a bush. However if does lead to a shoot first ask questions later mentality as the emphasis moves away from identifying your target.

I don't see how that shifts to a shoot-first mentality. The player gets called out for doing a bad thing immediately (instead of on friendly kill), and I don't think the average player feels okay shooting their own team. If they are okay with that, well huh. I'd question if they can, or want, to be helped.

If someone considers shooting first the okay method to identify targets, then we should put more effort informing new players the methods they have to identify. Perhaps tips in the loading screen (I'm about 60% sure there is such a screen with tips in Squad, but we usually have the controls/symbols screen), or rotating tips during the pre-game planning phase. "check your map frequently to know where your team is at" "Are you sure that's an enemy? Consider checking your map before firing" "knowing the silhouettes and colors of your team helps prevent friendly fire."

As for auto-punishments for multiple team-killings, I do like Shoshin's suggestion for a 5 minute kick from server. Not too harsh, and should rarely happen for accidental TKers. Limits intentional TKers as well.

The only solution to intentional team killing that doesn't fuck everything up and add a ton of false positives is active admins. Any automatic systems are just going to have way too many false positives that were only accidental and unlucky.

1 hour ago, ZachTheGunner said:

The only solution to intentional team killing that doesn't fuck everything up and add a ton of false positives is active admins. Any automatic systems are just going to have way too many false positives that were only accidental and unlucky.

Yeah completely agree its just that we are waiting for the right tools as it can be done very efficiently at the moment.

5 hours ago, DeckGunner said:

Just quit playing Squad after 10min from launching the game, as some idiot was sitting on the main base and team killing everyone that spawned... What is wrong with these people?

IF this happens , what is the most efficient measure to take  for me as player?

1 hour ago, Gleb said:

IF this happens , what is the most efficient measure to take  for me as player?

What I did was to use the ALL chat to get admins attention (don't know how to check if admin are online). When this didn't work (and he replied in the chat, that he's doing nothing wrong), I took a snapshot/picture of the offending player's steam profile and steam ID.

I then once more tried to get him to stop using chat and local voice, but he still kept team killing at the main base. As that didn't work, I shot him and after that, he disconnected from the server. After the match, I reported him here on the forum's section dedicated to offending players.

Story Time.

Got into a game, went squad lead, and drove a transport with my men to the fortress flag cap. Get there, start building defenses and stuff, and some squad lead just comes up and pops my ass. I spawn in thinking whatever, then his clan mate does it aswell. This whole time, all theyre doing is acting like i'm retarded, when they haven't stated WHY im being killed. So to prevent me getting shot every 3.2 seconds, I killed them lmao. Then they all go "OMG THIS GUYS TEAM KILLING OMG OMG", keep in mind there's like 4-5 of them, and I get banned from the server.

Why? Because an admin couldn't correctly do his job and identify WHY I had teamkilled them. Not like I much want to be on that server anyways if they're going to pander to their boyfriends.

Admins aren't flawless. Quite a bit of them look out for their buddies and are power hungry.

52 minutes ago, AsOiX said:

Story Time.

Got into a game, went squad lead, and drove a transport with my men to the fortress flag cap. Get there, start building defenses and stuff, and some squad lead just comes up and pops my ass. I spawn in thinking whatever, then his clan mate does it aswell. This whole time, all theyre doing is acting like i'm retarded, when they haven't stated WHY im being killed. So to prevent me getting shot every 3.2 seconds, I killed them lmao. Then they all go "OMG THIS GUYS TEAM KILLING OMG OMG", keep in mind there's like 4-5 of them, and I get banned from the server.

Why? Because an admin couldn't correctly do his job and identify WHY I had teamkilled them. Not like I much want to be on that server anyways if they're going to pander to their boyfriends.

Admins aren't flawless. Quite a bit of them look out for their buddies and are power hungry.

You know before you start retaliating you should have consulted the admin yourself. Easier said than done I know. If you had no joy then just remember the server and avoid it in the future.

6 hours ago, AsOiX said:

Revenge TKs are no better than what they were doing.

20 hours ago, AsOiX said:

Story Time.

If you are team killed on purpose you must let an admin know on "all chat" !!! if you don't and you kill them it will just look like a revenge kill which is why you would have been banned or kicked from the server. I don't condole revenge killing at all but in the case of you being tk repeatedly you may be let off but only if you had used the "All Chat" admins are not mind readers. And if you say they would have seen the repeated TK sometimes it can be easy to miss and if you where to look through the log the tk's may not have been close together so it would have looked like any other revenge kill.

Cant be assed to read ^^^^ all I'm saying is use "ALL chat" to let admins know of the situation as they can then investigate don't take matters into your own hands.

Edited by Krypton56

Story time, skip if U want.

I tk some dude in my team that jumped on my back, reflexmistake, so I used comms admitting the mistake,

what happens,

I saw dude immediately approach me on map, straight for my position.,So I moved but no, minuters later

, dude tk'ed me on purpose with RPG, and used comms with 1 minute of insults.

So I used all text channel and repeated a message of deliberate tk,  3-4 Times',  dude tk'd again later on.

No Idea IF adm was active, no feedback at all on text or might have lost it. Dude gone some time in game.

Deliberate Kills in team is just the result of a different issue grown from other fps gamestyles where nobody cares.

23 hours ago, AsOiX said:

Is it a case of the admin protecting those TKers or just an admin not knowing what was going on and making a decision too quickly?

Yeah, the admin may have acted too quickly, but at the same time, that is a lot different than said admin 'looking out' for the actual TKers.

2 hours ago, Gleb said:

Story time, skip if U want.

I tk some dude in my team that jumped on my back, reflexmistake, so I used comms admitting the mistake,

what happens,

I saw dude immediately approach me on map, straight for my position.,So I moved but no, minuters later

, dude tk'ed me on purpose with RPG, and used comms with 1 minute of insults.

So I used all text channel and repeated a message of deliberate tk,  3-4 Times',  dude tk'd again later on.

No Idea IF adm was active, no feedback at all on text or might have lost it. Dude gone some time in game.

Deliberate Kills in team is just the result of a different issue grown from other fps gamestyles where nobody cares.

Generally I look for this kind of thing if someone gets TK then that person TKs the other guy its almost 100% revenge kill and ive caught a fair few people. maybe you where just unlucky or try other servers with more active admins is all I can suggest. But please if you encounter people like this report them to the clan or community that run the server.

1 hour ago, Krypton56 said:

Generally I look for this kind of thing if someone gets TK then that person TKs the other guy its almost 100% revenge kill and ive caught a fair few people. maybe you where just unlucky or try other servers with more active admins is all I can suggest. But please if you encounter people like this report them to the clan or community that run the server.

From this point I started doing notes, server and ID, enough bs for one day..

Steam shows it is a UK dude with 2k+ in cs:go and less than 20h in squad + -rep cheat in som other purchase.

that did not stop dude from immediately in Squad being rude and revenge tk, 

behold Squad, the path of the steam.........endless string of dudes

Accidental team kills happen, but these team kills over vehicles are getting out of control...

It has happened to me twice today. We are ready to drive off from the main base and someone jumps on the hood and shoots us all. The team killer then can't claim the vehicle as he is alone and not a squad leader. (FWIW we lost the match by 5 tickets and I don't know even how many tickets the team killer cost us...)

Edited by DeckGunner

57 minutes ago, DeckGunner said:

It has happened to me twice today. We are ready to drive off from the main base and someone jumps on the hood and shoots us all. The team killer then can't claim the vehicle as he is alone and not a squad leader. (FWIW we lost the match by 5 tickets and I don't know even how many tickets the team killer cost us...)

From my experience the other day, it seemed like TKs didn't reduce the number of tickets. I saw in v5 or v4 that TKs were set to only 1 ticket, but maybe they removed the ticket loss entirely (or I am crazy and my eyes played tricks on me)

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:50 AM, DeckGunner said:

Accidental team kills happen, but these team kills over vehicles are getting out of control...

I'm pretty sure a death is a death whatever tickets you would have lost from dying from the enemy would be the same.