MVPiet13

Can XMP RAM cause memory issues?

I have played Squad for a long time on a laptop with 8GB of RAM (i7 4710HQ, GTX 850m, 1TB HDD low rpm). With the latest versions of the game, I never had any memory issues on this system, even with a couple of other programs running in the background (chrome, discord, etc...)

On my desktop however, which alsohas 8GB of RAM (i5-4570, GTX 760, 250GB SSD), I am experiencing multiple ctd's with the message that there is insufficient system memory. Especially when i forget to close Chrome :D.

On my desktop, I have enabled the XMP function for the RAM. Could this somehow be causing the issues?

It shouldnt cause issues. I noticed you use SSD. Could you confirm that your system manages your virtual memory?

Go to My Computer -> Right click on Properties -> Advanced System settings -> Go to Advanced tab -> Below Performance section click on Settings.. -> Advanced tab -> Virtual memory -> Change.. Make sure it looks like this

2vd61c2.png

Thank you for the quick reply! My settings were not like that. It was set at 200MB (which I now assume is terrible? :D)

I have changed it according to your example :)

I did, thank you verry much!

Btw, as i am curious to learn more, is there an easy way you could explain to me what this virtual memory is and how it affected my performance? 

If not, I'll just do some internet research :D

Basically when you are out of physical memory eg you forget to close Chrome as you mentioned, then the system uses your virtual memory which is a space from your hard drive. Your limit was set to 200MB which was not enough for Squad, thats why you got Ctds. Now the OS does not restrict the apps if they need more memory allocated to them

Thanks for the explanation bb <3 really appreciate it.

I can now also confirm that the sollution works, so mods, feel free to close the topic!