Dennisz125

BF2 Revive free for Windows

Is this BF play4free? Because it existed for quite some time now (couple of years?). Or this is full original game?

It's the Battlefield 2 PC version of 2005. This isn't new, but they made an installer for Windows and Mac. If you have your original CD Key, you could recover your account and use it. You will be issued a new key called the Revive key associated with your account. If your new, you can make an account and start a new rank. Also they are planning on doing it for Battlefield 2142 from what I read on the website.

Edited by Ghost Assassin

Yup, looking forward to seeing if they can pull 2142 off!

This is nothing new, it's Battlefield 2 Revive. Y'all should just get PR instead, it's also Standalone.

7 hours ago, Mumble said:

I say get both BF2 revive and PR. Experience the best of both worlds!

Yes! Been playing PR since 0.5, but I love me some original BF2. They just recently introduced servers for the special forces expansion too. The nostalgia!

It's funny how small the maps feel now compared to PR and Squad. It feel miniaturized. Also having vehicles makes everything feel smaller for sure.

Fun fact: BF2 Revive was made possible by [R-DEV]Ancientman from the PR Dev Team. BF2 Revive uses the same Master Server code that Ancientman designed for PR. This is also how Forgotten Hope 2 works now.

Any news on 2142: Revive? Now that game was my thing!

Just played bf2: special forces and I was surprised that almost every asset was part of project reality and female voice over.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:40 AM, Dennisz125 said:

Just played bf2: special forces and I was surprised that almost every asset was part of project reality and female voice over.

I had always wished PR was more of a total conversion mod. I routinely see vanilla BF2 assets. The infamous "murder house" was heavily featured on the Road to Jalalabad map for example.

With that said, BF2 still holds a special place in my gaming memories. There simply wasn't a better PC gaming experience at the time imo.

I was shocked when I learn that Special forces DLC was the main responsibility for both assets and forces that are very commonly use in PR.

I wonder what PR looks like when special forces never introduce.

On 2016/7/9 at 9:21 AM, Darman1138 said:

Fun fact: BF2 Revive was made possible by [R-DEV]Ancientman from the PR Dev Team. BF2 Revive uses the same Master Server code that Ancientman designed for PR. This is also how Forgotten Hope 2 works now.

Those crazy PR devs need more recognition. So much dedication. If only they had access to the engine code so they could fix the god awful hit detection.

16 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Those crazy PR devs need more recognition. So much dedication. If only they had access to the engine code so they could fix the god awful hit detection.

I thought it was fine since enemy drop when tracer hit them.

On 9/19/2016 at 11:31 PM, fatalsushi said:

Yes... I just got BF2 again for shits and grins. My God the hit detection is awful.... I never remembered it being that bad lol.