Sign in to follow this  
Ghaztehschmexeh

Eastern European vehicle prop Input

Hey everyone! I'm currently in the process of starting some Eastern European/Russian civilian vehicle props. Now I have not visited this part of the world (although I hope to in the near future), and for the sake of authenticity I thought I'd reach out for some input on common vehicles seen in this part of the world. Of course I tried looking around google maps but I am no car expert so I couldn't tell what was what!

Help would be appreciated, it'll help me keep these props authentic. A mixture of modern/older cars would be great.

Cheers guys!

I believe that the AvtoVAZ Lada is commonly found in most former soviet countries due to around 20 million of them being produced from the 1980's to 2010. Anybody feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though.

Lada_2107_aka_Lada_Riva_October_1995_145

hdtshtygljwxdn5fpn3p.jpg

There are various different models, although i don't know any of the specifics

2 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

what era are we talking about? or do you want to wind back the clock for "authenticity"?

Authentic modern. Vehicles like the Lada are great for smattering around and having in more rural areas, however I think most vehicles in more urban areas are more modern.

Let's take on a statistical approach :) for the Russian market. 

infografika-statistika-avtoparka-rossii-

Out of the most transacted (old and new) vehicles are:

Image.png

While most transacted new vehicles are:

Image.png

I'm not sure how many you want to tackle, but speaking for my city (St. Pete) if you tackle the last chart you'd get a fairly representative middle picture. 

Edited by BTR

Hmm, I guess it depends on where in Eastern Europe but if it's something generic or even just generally leaning towards Russia you could go for manufacturers like:

Lada - VAZ-2107/5/4 if you want something old.

Skoda Octavia - First Generation

Skoda Felicia & Favorit

Skoda Fabia - First Generation

Daewoo Legenza

Daewoo Matiz - First Generation

Opel Astra F

Opel Vectra B

I'm not sure if you're looking for variety in vehicle type as well such as sedan, hatchback, coupe, minivan, bus, truck etc so I included a few different ones.

Most of these are from the mid 90's to early 00's and they're pretty much fairly common.

38 minutes ago, Ghaztehschmexeh said:

Authentic modern. Vehicles like the Lada are great for smattering around and having in more rural areas, however I think most vehicles in more urban areas are more modern.

Russian low/middle class favorites (not to mention domestic cars): Low-budget korean cars (Daewoo Nexia, Kia Spectra, Hyundai Accent, Solaris etc), Chevrolet Lacetti, Lanos, Renault Logan (one of the most common, Sandero and Duster for 2015+ are popular enough too), Toyota Corolla and Camry, Ford Fusion and Focus, Opel Astra, Skoda Octavia (Superb too for 2013+), Nissan Almera (2015+ Quashqai), Mitsubishi Lancer, WV Polo (2010+).

Depends on region and time.

If we talking about Moskow - average car there is 450-600kilo Rubley vehicle(Like VW Polo,KIA,Hundai) mixed with other much expencive cars.Find old Russian/Soviet car is impossible.

As for average big town - mix cheap cars under half-million Rubleys + Russian Modern(VAZ-2108+).Vehicles beyond Half-Million exists,but like 1 of 10.

If we talking about today.BTW Im at work now,when I go home,I can create some photos if you interested to see yourself.

1 minute ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I love this little number,hard as nails.

I actually really want to buy one of these myself in the future!

Great input so far guys, thanks for the help!

Eastern European here.

If we're talking about 80s-00s then you would be seeing a lot of cars like these ones:

Fiat 126p

fiat-126p-01.jpg

Fiat 125p

Polski_Fiat_125p_yellow.jpg

FSO Polonez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSO_Polonez#/media/File:FSO_Polonez_Caro_green_LF.jpg

VW Passat B3

Vw_passat_b3_v_sst.jpg

More popular modern cars that are seen on the streets today:

Passat B4

volkswagen-passat-b4.jpg

VW Golf 3 (not that modern but exteremely popular among young drivers nowadays)

maxresdefault.jpg

Same situation with BMW E36...

1998_BMW_328i.JPG

...and Honda Civic (hatchback)

1998-2000_Honda_Civic_CXi_3-door_hatchba

Here in Hungary, eastern cars have been basically replaced by older western cars (mid 90s-early 2000s).
Skodas, mostly octavias, Opel Astra F, G and H are very common along with Golf 3s and 4s. BMWs, especially E36 and 46 3 series are a common sight because many people started to bring used ones in en masse from germany.

Suzukis, sepecially early model Swifts and Ignis' are common. SUVs are getting popular, mostly by Hundai, Nissan and BMW.
There are also plenty of new western and asian cars in more wealthy parts of the country, and Lada just made a return last year with their new models coming in at ridic low pricepoints. They don't have much success because even 10 year old VWs blow them out of the water in terms of basically everything.

6 minutes ago, Ghaztehschmexeh said:

Wow man thank you for taking the time! This will definitely come in handy! Much appreciated, cheers!

No problem,if you have questions - ask.

Lada 21099

Spoiler

1779aeu-960.jpg

Lada 2107

Spoiler

lada-2107-11.jpg

Lada 21010

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

ZAZ 1103

Spoiler

ZAZ_1103%20Slavuta.jpg

ВАЗ(VAZ) 2106

Spoiler

VAZ2106_7.jpg

ВАЗ-2101(left one), ВАЗ-2102(in the center), ВАЗ-2103(right one)

Spoiler

Brno%2C_%C5%98e%C4%8Dkovice%2C_depozit%C

That's the most common I personally see when I walk on the streets in my town. And here's more:

http://www.segodnya.ua/economics/avto/nazvany-samye-populyarnye-bu-avto-v-ukraine-581247.html

I think google translator should do it.

Edited by KulaGGin