Sign in to follow this  
FurryFailure

I never got my Perk Key

Howdy, I'm not sure if this is the right place but, I recently saw the email for the in-game credits thing and I followed the instructions and linked my account, and I did some more looking and, I never got my Perk Key on the 29th of April, I've thoroughly gone through my emails and I only use one email address, I still have the email when I purchased the Squad Leader tier and I've been hyped for the founder bonuses but, I don't have those bonuses yet, I don't know what to do other than post here, but I never got the Perk Key email sent out on the 29th of April. If an admin or someone can help me that'd be much appreciated, because I spent a lot of money to get the founder tier, and by a lot, I mean I'm Australian and the conversion rate is very rough, I can provide all of the purchase emails if needed because I kept all of those.

On 19/08/15 I purchased the Rifleman Tier.

On 14/10/15 I got the Rifleman Upgrade to Squad Leader.

On 21/10/15 I got my Alpha Key as well as registered on the forum to use it and play in the Alpha.

On 5/12/15 I got the Steam Key, If I recall Correctly this was the release date of Squad.

then nothing regarding squad in April in my massive email history

And on June 30th I got the In-game Credits email.

I'd really appreciate it if one of the members could help me out with this, like I said, I spent a lot of money trying to get early access and the bonuses.

And yes, I went through my emails with a fine tooth comb multiple times, it's simply not there, only thing I can think of is because I got the Rifleman tier and upgraded to Squad Leader that it didn't count but I was lead to believe it did, I was told the Upgrade was to aide those who are tight on money so they could pre-order and upgrade later.

ah, ok... didn't know for that one...

To OP: welcome to forums, buddy! Hope it will get sorted. Cy around

I got my email closer to the middle of the month, did you check back that far? If not go all the way through the month of April.

I got my perk key, I entered it in on steam, steam downloaded. Still no option in the game settings to add custom skins?!

@Mortz

1. Check your Steam Inventory to see if the items are there.

2. If not, try restarting Steam or logging out and logging back in.

If that doesn't work and you're 100% sure you've done everything right you can contact the support team: [email protected]

Steam says I have the Soundtrack and Squad Leader Perks installed. I've logged out and logged in and still can't see the option for the skins in the game settings? I'll have to contact support. Thanks for the advice.

4 minutes ago, Mortz said:

Steam says I have the Soundtrack and Squad Leader Perks installed. I've logged out and logged in and still can't see the option for the skins in the game settings? I'll have to contact support. Thanks for the advice.

9c5c121a80.jpg

Maybe.. verifying the game cache? Not sure.. but support can help you out though, no problem and good luck!

Try deleting or renaming the squad folder in C:\users\username\appdata\local (or whatever the path is!?)

Launch steam then start Squad... this should create a new "Squad" folder that you have removed.  The skin options should hopefully be available now.  Note you will have to redo your keybinds and game options.

57 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

9c5c121a80.jpg

Maybe.. verifying the game cache? Not sure.. but support can help you out though, no problem and good luck!

@Assifuah That whole sub menu 'Steam Inventory' was missing for me. I verfied the cache before the latest update which hadn't worked HOWEVER this time AFTER the update it has worked and I have the menu! What a n00b I feel haha. Thanks for the help.

Just now, Mortz said:

@Assifuah That whole sub menu 'Steam Inventory' was missing for me. I verfied the cache before the latest update which hadn't worked HOWEVER this time AFTER the update it has worked and I have the menu! What a n00b I feel haha. Thanks for the help.

Haha, awesome! Yeah, our Lord Gaben and his almighty wares work in mysterious ways... :P

8 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

Haha, awesome! Yeah, our Lord Gaben and his almighty wares work in mysterious ways... :P

gaben-o1.gif

Just restarted my computer... Now guess what the menu is missing again. Mind fcuk.

3 minutes ago, Mortz said:

Just restarted my computer... Now guess what the menu is missing again. Mind fcuk.

That.. is strange to say the least. I'm clueless, unless you want to retrace and complete the steps again I think that's one for support!

Try deleting or renaming the squad folder in C:\users\username\appdata\local (or whatever the path is!?)

Launch steam then start Squad... this should create a new "Squad" folder that you have removed.  The skin options should hopefully be available now.  Note you will have to redo your keybinds and game options.

This seems to have worked. Thumbs up. Fingers crossed. Not sure how long for thanks to Squad logic... Feels like weird Arma glitches haha

Just to confirm what are the founder and squad leader options turn on? The rest are self explanatory

No idea... but turn them on while you can.  That inventory menu has a habit of disappearing after you apply your options.

14 hours ago, R3b3l-Scumm said:

I got my email closer to the middle of the month, did you check back that far? If not go all the way through the month of April.

Yes, I went through my emails with a fine tooth comb, I have nothing regarding the Perk Key. I have emails dating back to October 2015 (because I'm lazy and don't clean out my emails) and I have nothing regarding squad other than my Alpha and Early Access stuff.

6 hours ago, FurryFailure said:

This issue has been resolved, thnx for the assistance, much appreciated!

Can you tell me which email worked for you? I don´t want to give out wrong E-Mail addresses in the future :o

did you find one you missed? That is what I did, had to go through them a couple of times and then all of a sudden there was a Squad Email I had not seen before and it was the golden ticket!