SgtSalty

sprint
Different Types of Movement (Jog, Sprint and Fast Sprint)

There are different needs for movement in different situations.

Did you just get out of base and are on your way to the objective? Are you getting fired upon and need to get into cover? Maybe you just want to rally with a other teammates close by.

The following types of movement offer the player to choose the best one for his situation

JOG

Used to cover long distances

Pros:

- low stamina consumption

Cons:

- takes time to get to full speed

- takes time to come to a full stop

- low agility (doesn't allow side step)

- lower movement speed than sprint

FAST SPRINT

Used for short distances (e.g. allyway crossing)

Pros:

- fast movement speed

- high agility

Cons:

- high stamina consumption

- slow stamina recovery

SPRINT

Is similar to sprint currently in the game

Pros:

- higher movement speed than jog

- less stamina consumption than fast sprint

Cons:

- stamina drains faster than jog

- slower movement speed than fast sprint

Original post:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/17927-limited-fast-sprint-to-run-past-alleyways/#comment-216724

Edited by SgtSalty

3 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

And how do we choose which we want?

For example:

Jog: Caps + W (Caps does only have to be pressed once)

Sprint: Shift + W

Fast Sprint: Shift + tapping W

3 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

So for fast sprint you want us to just tap W instead of hold it?

Yes, since it's a very limited sprint tapping a key shouldn't be a problem.

If there was a need to add a fast sprint making the key a double tap of the sprint key would be better.

From your points I really don't see the need to include a reference for agility like you have. Why no side step when at jogging speed? Without free look side step is the only way to scan for enemies while making your advance. If your going to restrict side stepping just eliminate it from fast sprint and maybe sprint but I like to zig zag when being sniped at as I make my dash to cover.

Each level of speed should bring with it own level of momentum as well. Faster = long to stop.

I don't see why fast sprint should cause slow stamina recovery. We're trained soldiers and fit. A little fast sprint shouldn't hurt. Using up stamina at a faster rate would be better imho. That effectively makes it slow stamina recovery as you would use up more stamina for a given distance compared to sprint. 

Well there is already "walking" key. LAlt. Or it was !? It doesnt work properly but. It could be (in past I remember some changing behaviour. But not good noticeable) 

So Walk, run, Sprint.And Walk/Run could be togglable like crouch (and possible set in game setting. On/Off) So you could default run, toggle to walk. And with holding LShift you sprint. That would work great I guess. And I have feeling that this is what we will see in future. But its strong conspiracy you know. 

I just want a simple toggle sprint option. Because there is toggle crouch, ads and lean.

You do a lot of sprinting, walking and running. Would be nice to just have to push the "mapped key for sprint" once so you can focus on other things(tactics, map etc).

Just like you have in Battlefield games, ARMA and Titanfall, Division etc.

for sure we need slow walk, we could finally move with stable aim! (dont know if is already ingame)

Isn't there a walk key? Do we really need to walk slower? Or, you mean like ARMAs "combat pace"?

Walk means walk where you can aim and your scope don't move up and down like is now in game, i think slower than arma 3 combat pace.