KulaGGin

What program do you use to record videos in Squad?

I used to record videos with Dxtory using x264vfw and Lame encoders. But it seems like Dxtory stopped working after EAC has been implemented. FRAPS creates very large files, Mirillis Action using some random codec, doesn't give that x264vfw quality and image size and it locks FPS... Afterburner can't record using x264vfw

Any other suggestions? I would like to record without FPS lock and have some file of a normal size and not 30 GB file after an hour of recording.

Can you guys suggest something similar to x264vfw to get adequate file size and FPS, to upload on Youtube and which will work in afterburner or some other program which works in Squad and record with x264vfw or some other good encoder?

Edited by KulaGGin

If you have a NVIDIA GPU, Shadowplay is great. If not.. Dxtory would have been my go to but I noticed it stopped working as well.

playclaw, has nvidia nvenc (almost the same as shadowplay), intel quicksync and something for amd cards, as well as  vfw  codecs, but it isn't free

Dxtory is excellent for recording uncompressed (or lossless) videos and all you have to do is to update your application for it to work.

1 hour ago, Raklödder said:

Dxtory is excellent for recording uncompressed (or lossless) videos and still works - make sure to update your application.

Updated and now Dxtory works. Thanks a lot! good.gif

Edited by Melbo
Please use your brain and do not post links to cracked software etc.

1 hour ago, Assifuah said:

If you have a NVIDIA GPU, Shadowplay is great.

I wouldn't say it's great because it forces you to use Nvidia Craperience, additional Nvidia windows services etc.

Edited by KulaGGin

3 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

I wouldn't say it's gread because it forces you to use Nvidia Craperience, additional Nvidia windows services etc.

Sure but.. it doesn't hinder me at all so, from my experience it's great. :P

5 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

It depends...

yeah but I don't think that is tolerated there and most likely your links will be removed

that old version will not work with squad as well

it's not like in ur ua in there

I used to use Shadowplay but I had to switch to OBS when I started using Adobe Premiere Pro. I still use Shadowplay for streaming tho, OBS drops my CS:GO fps from 400 to 30. Maybe it's a CPU thing, because I've seen @Cowboy_Chuck use OBS for Squad just fine. 

I use Shadowplay for recording.  But when I'm broadcasting on Twitch.tv I use OBS and have the 'save to file' option selected too (which creates a compressed FLV file recording).  Shadowplay is best for quality with very little system overhead, and OBS is best for Broadcasting when quality is not that important.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:09 PM, KulaGGin said:

I wouldn't say it's great because it forces you to use Nvidia Craperience, additional Nvidia windows services etc.

I would have to agree with Assifuah, I have used shadow play for a while now and it never causes me any problems. I used to use fraps in the past and it did well for me also.

Well, now v8 is out, dxtory doesn't work for me. I've been using shadowplay but I prefer the higher quality and separate audio files dxtory lets you record.

Anyone know of a fix for this?