Brock666

new Army uniforms messed up

Well, I don't recall what it was for each and every time, but often people said that "the dev team could just map <insert type of action here>  to the mouse wheel". If nothing else Fatalsushi understood the joke right away, so yeah, if you read it in context as a continuation of Sushi's reply and exaggerating it even further by making it a gameplay element the joke should become obvious. I'm quite baffled why you're reading those lines so differently from its intention.

Shitting on somebody's idea? Ok, that's enough, we've been over this. I said it was a joke. If you read it as anything else after clarifying myself three times, then that's on you, not on me. There is nothing to explain, you just took it the wrong way. Alright?

When it comes to authenticity in military clothing, I'm incredibly ignorant. I'm just glad the dudes got clothes - not that I'm against people who like to go around nude, I'm just concerned about lying around naked and face-down on gravel or in bushes. Please, I'm not rebutting or belittling any arguments here, just raising my concern. :P

8 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

There is some truth to this statement. On multiple occasions us "bolt counters" or "rivet counters" or "spoke counters" or whatever have been shunned with the idea that nobody notices but a small group of people, and therefore it's okay to be somewhat inaccurate regardless of how those inaccuracies came about (poor reference pictures, change in development plans, willful ignorance, etc.) and regardless of who gave the feedback or in what tone. 

This.

People (whether that be the majority or minority audience) are attracted to this game because of its authenticity and realism. Pleasing the "Broader Audience' Is what I fear for this game. I doubt they'll go too far down that path, however. 

1 hour ago, LMR Sahara said:

People (whether that be the majority or minority audience) are attracted to this game because of its authenticity and realism. Pleasing the "Broader Audience' Is what I fear for this game. I doubt they'll go too far down that path, however. 

I believe that would be the minority that were attracted by Squads authenticity & realism. Most of use are just happy how good the game plays without the details being correct to n'th degree, bolts, rivets, spoke & buttons included. Authentic, just as it it in real battle, sounds? Damn, I don't know, but they're bloody awesome. If they're confirmed to be realistic by those in the know then that's fantastic and credit where it's due for help making it that way. It's just not one of those teeth grinders for me.

25 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I believe that would be the minority that were attracted by Squads authenticity & realism. Most of use are just happy how good the game plays without the details being correct to n'th degree, bolts, rivets, spoke & buttons included. Authentic, just as it it in real battle, sounds? Damn, I don't know, but they're bloody awesome. If they're confirmed to be realistic by those in the know then that's fantastic and credit where it's due for help making it that way. It's just not one of those teeth grinders for me.

If there weren't such cool sounds in Squad, we (the minority) would ask for them. But they are here and nobody is asking why the hell devs spend their time on it instead of gameplay polishing.

26 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

If there weren't such cool sounds in Squad, we (the minority) would ask for them. But they are here and nobody is asking why the hell devs spend their time on it instead of gameplay polishing.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is factually incorrect. Anders, who is doing sounds, probably lacks the skill(I hope I'm not stating something wrong here) to code on the level of those tasked with the code jobs like Chuc or Kory. Those capable of coding may not be good at animating, so they tasked KaB with it. You see, game developing is like constructing a house in a sense, and while in reality most people I know who are constructing houses can do two or even three tasks, the same doesn't hold true for game developing whatsoever. Each skillset is very specific and being good at one task says nothing about any other.

In other words, even if you would put Anders off the sounds there would be no benefits to the development speed and at the same time his work suffers. It's better to just leave him on the sounds until they are ready, and maybe afterwards he can help out with a few other things.

1 minute ago, Frontliner said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is factually incorrect. Anders, who is doing sounds, probably lacks the skill(I hope I'm not stating something wrong here) to code on the level of those tasked with the code jobs like Chuc or Kory. Those capable of coding may not be good at animating, so they tasked KaB with it. You see, game developing is like constructing a house in a sense, and while in reality most people I know who are constructing houses can do two or even three tasks, the same doesn't hold true for game developing whatsoever. Each skillset is very specific and being good at one task says nothing about any other.

In other words, even if you would put Anders off the sounds there would be no benefits to the development speed and at the same time his work suffers. It's better to just leave him on the sounds until they are ready, and maybe afterwards he can help out with a few other things.

I meant Anders could not spend time on recording real sounds and just produce primitive "audio indicators" or cool battlefield-style sounds. Instead of this he is trying (successfully) to represent combat environment. How many times did he change shooting sounds? Was it necessary for majority of auditory who heard shooting in action movies and videogames only? No, but every time he makes sounds better and better.

It is good that these are pointed out, but it makes me just so sarcastically ironic and amused to see the seriousness level poking red while reading these post (rags and polishing shoes). It is kind of that someone likes yellow icecream and someone else likes a brown icecream, so it shouldn't be taken too seriously. Also to be noted what the FAQ say .. near future ,, near past ,, summa summarum modern day environment with pinch of artistic freedom.

PS. I can't watch nearly any movies these days since all of them are filled with gasoline explosions , so *meh*.

11 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

Lols! there isn't even units in the game!!      (  . . . is there?)

DeltaForge for life !!!!

P.P.S Why I can not like the like of yours! ;P DEVS we most talk seriously !!

P.P.P.S Still waiting to glue the BG emplem to my shoulder ingame ;) It is still on top 5 top10 or so in Novalogic.com *he*he*he*hee*

19 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I would love to imagine you throwing your full support behind my agrostologist friend who believes that the level design is ridiculous and should be fixed given types of unauthentic flora being put on fools road and Kohat Toi. I am guessing you wouldn't care, and wouldn't support taking development time from the actual gameplay to appease someone who has a niche opinion about what should and shouldn't be totally authentic. 

given I've posted photos of real eastern european flora multiple times, yeah I fucking care. 

Authenticity in all aspects. You're being ridiculous and stubborn right now

21 hours ago, Frontliner said:

Well, I don't recall what it was for each and every time, but often people said that "the dev team could just map <insert type of action here>  to the mouse wheel". If nothing else Fatalsushi understood the joke right away, so yeah, if you read it in context as a continuation of Sushi's reply and exaggerating it even further by making it a gameplay element the joke should become obvious. I'm quite baffled why you're reading those lines so differently from its intention.

Shitting on somebody's idea? Ok, that's enough, we've been over this. I said it was a joke. If you read it as anything else after clarifying myself three times, then that's on you, not on me. There is nothing to explain, you just took it the wrong way. Alright?

Once again, you're making the assumption that your joke was obvious based on context that wasn't there. Just because someone piggybacks off of what you said doesn't mean that context magically appears and explains everything the way you meant it rather than the way it came across. 

I took it the wrong way, you wrote it poorly. I'm fine with that being the answer. 

14 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

I meant Anders could not spend time on recording real sounds and just produce primitive "audio indicators" or cool battlefield-style sounds. Instead of this he is trying (successfully) to represent combat environment. How many times did he change shooting sounds? Was it necessary for majority of auditory who heard shooting in action movies and videogames only? No, but every time he makes sounds better and better.

This. Anders has gone back time and time again to fix issues with sounds because he doesn't see them as being as good as they can be, but on the other hand we have one take wonders who have managed to rather majorly mess up on the details while getting the overall shape correct and saying that it's "good enough" and closing the book on the subject. More devs need to be like Anders, where the only acceptable level is perfect, because as it is right now Ander's sounds are too damn good to be coming out of the models that make them. 

I think the point is that no matter how many posts you write and how long they are, the modelers aren't going to be like "Oh, yeah. Varenyky's right. We should do things perfectly from now on." I understand what you're getting at and I too would love everything to be modeled perfectly but I imagine some people on the dev team either don't have the time or prioritize quantity (getting more weapons and vehicles out because that's what much of the community is looking forward to) over perfection. Maybe you could try working with some modders to perfect the things that bother you and then try to get the devs to implement them?

I will be completely honest with you guys..  we find these discussion and in particular anything posted by varenykysupreme somewhere between a yawn and a giggle. 

It makes sense for a rational person to have some expectations and then have a simple back and forth with the developers behind their motivations for doing something another way. Then perhaps agree to disagree, see each other's point of view or come to some sort of middle ground and move on.  

But the very idea that you can sit around here in our house and pretend to know anything about development or the reasons we do the things we do is absolutely laughable. Comedy of the highest degree in fact.

I can't even begin to imagine the narrow limited lense through which the world must be viewed to spend this much energy on a topic 99% of the forum users have no interest in.  (That's right my friends..  most people don't really care about this stuff in the real world. I am mind blown when I read this stuff)

Like several unnamed "experts" before you..  my friend varenykysupreme you are a troll and a bully of the highest order and you have an extremely unhealthy relationship with Squad and it's community.. I suggest you take some down time.. and possibly not come back here if you can treat everyone in a respectful manner. (let's just say it's not actually a suggestion)

Don't bother replying.. just take it at face value. You have a week to start treating people in our house with more respect. Our House..  (PS. Forums are not public spaces)

Seriously.. don't reply..  tl:dr 

Good people of this forum. Don't let people like this take control. 

Thanks.