ChanceBrahh

Humvee Gunner Crouch/Duck-Down?

So based off Ross' little drop of spoilers. (See comment #17)

My guess is, we're going to see similar functions with the Fire Support Deployables

(Ex. HMG Emplacement) 

And it'll be quite interesting since you're not affixed to that one weapon/turret for defense. 

P.S. 
I've never seen smoke used defensively before. Besides for retreat, it's commonly used offensively. 
Any military geniuses out there willing to tackle this problem?

P.S.

I've never seen smoke used defensively before. Besides for retreat, it's commonly used offensively.

Not a military genius, but it would be used to block off enemy line of sight on your position and deny them certain ways of attack (Smoking off a road to keep enemies from performing accurate fire on your defense.)

In-game you can also pop it over a TOW launcher to obscure it from snipers ect. and then utilize the thermals to make a one-way firing concealment.

The same tactic can be used infront of an APC which is watching a specific area, using the smoke to cover the vehicle and protect from AT as it uses thermals to see through and engage enemies.

wow sounds totally awesome being able to use a M4 while still inside the turret. reminded me of this video.

after his .50 jams he uses his M16 fromt he turret. "use the 16! use the 16!"

while were at it, what about this: can the driver and passengers (non-gunner) be able to duck down also, so as not to get hit by incoming fire going through the windows?

Thanks, never realized this even though I do it all the time at dog green. Go sergeants! DH Fans  :ph34r:

Not a military genius, but it would be used to block off enemy line of sight on your position and deny them certain ways of attack (Smoking off a road to keep enemies from performing accurate fire on your defense.)

In-game you can also pop it over a TOW launcher to obscure it from snipers ect. and then utilize the thermals to make a one-way firing concealment.

The same tactic can be used infront of an APC which is watching a specific area, using the smoke to cover the vehicle and protect from AT as it uses thermals to see through and engage enemies.

So based off Ross' little drop of spoilers. (See comment #17)

My guess is, we're going to see similar functions with the Fire Support Deployables

(Ex. HMG Emplacement)

And it'll be quite interesting since you're not affixed to that one weapon/turret for defense.

P.S.

I've never seen smoke used defensively before. Besides for retreat, it's commonly used offensively.

Smoke is used defensively ALL of the time in PR when people are trying to help get to the wounded

Smoke is used defensively ALL of the time in PR when people are trying to help get to the wounded

Yep smokes are essetial for medics in PR, we cant heal your silly butts without em cause you keep on pushing into the fire of our enemys... work work :P

Also, we plan on allowing the gunner to use equipment and personal weapons as well, such as throwing smoke and shooting the M4 out of the turret.

Plz let me be able to fire my HAT out the turret!  :D  :D  :D

This feature still has not been added.  It's crazy how vulnerable you are in vehicle gunner turrets and how quickly you get picked off, there needs to be a duck option, especially when your reloading, your guy has no sense of urgency or awareness that he's taking fire, and reloads the turret as if he's firing on a range, it should be made so when you reload your automatically ducking down (as much as possible while still being able to reload) and still somewhat able to rotate the turret, because as it is right now, when you reload it locks you facing a direction and you cant do anything except watch the enemy get an easy shot on you.  Maybe a button to cancel the reload also.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, you ok said:

It's crazy how vulnerable you are in vehicle gunner turrets and how quickly you get picked off

also crazy is the forward protection and amount of fire available to the gunner .... tit/tat

On 12/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, LaughingJack said:

also crazy is the forward protection and amount of fire available to the gunner .... tit/tat

A mounted protected turret MG is suppose to have the advantage, its not tit for tat, someone in a armored turret with protection is a formidable asset on the battlefield, not just someone who can be picked off at ease by a soldier with his first or second shot

On 6.12.2019 at 4:58 AM, you ok said:

This feature still has not been added.  It's crazy how vulnerable you are in vehicle gunner turrets and how quickly you get picked off, there needs to be a duck option, especially when your reloading, your guy has no sense of urgency or awareness that he's taking fire, and reloads the turret as if he's firing on a range, it should be made so when you reload your automatically ducking down (as much as possible while still being able to reload) and still somewhat able to rotate the turret, because as it is right now, when you reload it locks you facing a direction and you cant do anything except watch the enemy get an easy shot on you.  Maybe a button to cancel the reload also.

You can aim upwards and your head goes down and isn't that vulnerable anymore as long as the enemy doesn't have the high grounds. Don't know how it looks when you reload, but maybe try it out next time.

On 09/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, you ok said:

A mounted protected turret MG is suppose to have the advantage, its not tit for tat, someone in a armored turret with protection is a formidable asset on the battlefield, not just someone who can be picked off at ease by a soldier with his first or second shot

i thought what i said was plainly obvious, but anyhoo ... tit for tat is used like that in some cases where i come from - no matter, i'll change it to ... 'six of one - half a dozen of the other', or 'on one hand, ... etc.'

my intent, as you can probably work out, was to highlight the "someone in a armored turret with protection is a formidable" versus "who can be picked off at ease <relatively> by a soldier" - i have no issue here, there is balance of a kind and i think it is reasonable given this is a game (pls note my additional <relatively>).

you want a powerful positive then you must accept a powerful negative as well.

if you simply want a position you can dominate relatively easily from then go buy a CROWS.

also: what @Mauti said, above has been known for ages, try it, it's virtually guranteed protection.

Edited by LaughingJack

It really surprises me when i see a suggestion this old,that is great and needed in this game of ours.And the developers do not care about this.

Its pure and simple no one wants to use an open top humvie or mrap.In a gunner seat that is.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:07 PM, LaughingJack said:

i thought what i said was plainly obvious, but anyhoo ... tit for tat is used like that in some cases where i come from - no matter, i'll change it to ... 'six of one - half a dozen of the other', or 'on one hand, ... etc.'

my intent, as you can probably work out, was to highlight the "someone in a armored turret with protection is a formidable" versus "who can be picked off at ease <relatively> by a soldier" - i have no issue here, there is balance of a kind and i think it is reasonable given this is a game (pls note my additional <relatively>).

you want a powerful positive then you must accept a powerful negative as well.

if you simply want a position you can dominate relatively easily from then go buy a CROWS.

also: what @Mauti said, above has been known for ages, try it, it's virtually guranteed protection.

All im asking for is to make it so turret gunners dont get picked off immediately, and being able to crouch and control which direction your facing even while reloading may help this.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, you ok said:

Exactly, @you ok. I took this feature as an example for my point in other tropic: to create a detailed Roadmap for Squad by OWI. There is no doubt 2019 was a great year for the game. Phil and his team brought great thoughts and hands to Squad. An improvement in my opinion is bring to public the main and second features planned in a detailed roadmap. 

This would make it more dynamic for anyone to know where we are. It's good for OWI, it's good for modders, it's good for players.