Jump to content
Chuc

June 2016 Monthly Recap

Recommended Posts

WOW! Great re-cap. I'll be vacationing during the expected release so won't be able to play right away. That will probably be a good thing! (just in case any hot fixes or bugs need fixing) I can't wait to play though. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool stuff, the new US soldiers look fantastic.

 

The radial menu seem to be a bit blurry, I assume this is because of image compression? looks very nice otherwise.

 

Will the BTR-80 be treated differently in Alpha 7 compared to the other vehicles? since we'll eventually need a Crewman kit to drive it that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just read the June update,

love what i am seeing happening. the only thing is again pretty slow animation (dont know if its using the new system or old system)  i think the issue its that too many pauses to the animation. it feels like its his first time reloading that weapon so muscle memory has not kick in yet. but well...its not like yea long reload animation will be going no anywhere xD

 

like the new UI system. hopefully with this new UI that maybe you can think of adding Steam controller Native support? or simple a system here and  there eheh  like for example instead of bring up the radio menu than we having to use a mouse pointed to select the action instead it works by the direction we move the mouse.

 

kinda like Doom weapon menu in the console version.

Edited by RaulO4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good recap... looks like fun times ahead.

 

However the last 3 pages of bile aren't relevant and should be moved to another thread.  Phew... well at least it's not visible to the general public! oh wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah this was kind of sad/sobering to read the last few pages after so many pages of hype train. I will admit to having basically been barely reading the forums over the past 6 months due to RL insanity, but damn.

 

I think the last thing this seems to need is people stoking the flames by baiting one another. Sad that the devs feel like they don't even want to be on the forums. Have we as a fanbase really gotten that bad? Hate to think that SQUAD is vanishing up the collective asshole of entitlement. ON the other hand the displays of baiting fanboyism are kind of disheartening too. :o

 

Anyway, on another note. Sad to see the SKS being changed. I kind of like the idea of going with a weapon's limitations, makes them interesting. I personally would still use six kinds of shit out of an SKS you couldn't reload till empty. B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people need to remember,

 

making Models alone and just that alone is time consuming. My workflow goes from maya, to Zbush, to maybe substance painter, and than Retop still back to a useable model in maya again (sadly we cant use 11 mil poly character yet xD ). that just that alone can takes days to do. let alone coding and the other stuff.

Edited by RaulO4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get things back on topic, can't wait to try a Humvee through the desert.  So many good things to look forward too, and the end of July is just around the corner :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been on these forums for a while, just remembered why.

 

Update looks good and I can't wait to see these planned features implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you guys take this BS somewhere else? I don't want to come to a recap thread reading books about whatever BS you guys are talking about. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ratface said:

Can you guys take this BS somewhere else? I don't want to come to a recap thread reading books about whatever BS you guys are talking about. Thanks.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quacken said:

+1

haha!  fair enough. Just needs to be done. 

 

This has gone on long enough. 

 

I will delete any additional posts. cheers!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Additional post to remind Iron this should be done by mods not devs.

 

when mods don't moderate, devs have to step in :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Additional post to remind Iron this should be done by mods not devs.

 

1 minute ago, EA_SUCKS said:

 

when mods don't moderate, devs have to step in :)

 

Reminder that Moderators aren't on the forums 24/7 and have real lives to attend to. I think the forums have grown a lot but the level of moderation is still the same as it was before, hence a lot of this stuff occurring more often. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EA_SUCKS said:

 

when mods don't moderate, devs have to step in :)

 

It's not as if I haven't been messaged by the moderators before, I've just said the same thing there as I did here: respect is a two way street that requires the absence of bias based on opinion or past behavior.

 

Edit: Hmm, it appears as if my reply to IT and Carmikaze was deleted. Funny, considering part of it was information relevant to my feedback of the recap. Guess I'll be retyping that part when I find the time. 

Edited by VarenykySupreme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2016 at 11:58 AM, ElHebrewHammer said:

Sorry if this was covered in one of the particularly lengthy posts, but with the new US soldier models, I'm noticing they're wearing sunglasses. Two things:

  • I'm assuming this won't affect the visuals, in the first person perspective?
  • Will they still be wearing these "sunnnnnglasses at night"?

Any devs have feedback on this (awesome YT video removed, above)? The latter bullet is in regards to the dawn/dusk/night maps, if that was lost on you nerds. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ElHebrewHammer said:

Any devs have feedback on this (awesome YT video removed, above)? The latter bullet is in regards to the dawn/dusk/night maps, if that was lost on you nerds. ;)

 

I'm going to go ahead and take a shot in the dark and say that they won't be making a specific model without glasses for night time. That being said, it would be nice to have them making a model with clear/orange tinted glasses that could be used both during the day and at night to supplement the tinted glasses model.

 

I also doubt that they're going to change the first person view model to have tinted glasses on, though it would be nice to see that because right now the sun is blinding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Assifuah said:

I think the forums have grown a lot but the level of moderation is still the same as it was before, hence a lot of this stuff occurring more often.

 

We have 6 moderators right now. I can finish reading all of the new content in 30 minutes after not visiting about 12 hours or so. It's still not much of a hassle from my point of view. I just think they need more clear guidelines for them to operate easier which we got today from Merlin. So, it should be okay for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

 

We have 6 moderators right now. I can finish reading all of the new content in 30 minutes after not visiting about 12 hours or so. It's still not much of a hassle from my point of view. I just think they need more clear guidelines for them to operate easier which we got today from Merlin. So, it should be okay for now.

 

You can. Can the moderators do it though, on a daily basis? Can you be sure that they check every thread, even when it's between them, thoroughly on a daily basis?

 

Yes, it will be easier now, but still my point still remains. The forums have grown quite a bit and there's still the same amount of moderators and even instances of developers having to step in at times. Before the forums grew / a lot of new people joined, you could see moderators swatting everything.

 

That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

 

You can. Can the moderators do it though, on a daily basis? Can you be sure that they check every thread, even when it's between them, thoroughly on a daily basis?

 

Yes, it will be easier now, but still my point still remains. The forums have grown quite a bit and there's still the same amount of moderators and even instances of developers having to step in at times. Before the forums grew / a lot of new people joined, you could see moderators swatting everything.

 

That's all.

we are looking for more Moderators now and will be removing ones who have become inactive in the future. anyone interested can PM me directly.
but please stay on topic for this specific thread please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what about the performance issues?

 

Quote myself:

Quote

I play the BF1 alpha. Great results in fps. Everything om MAX settings @ 2560x1440  and resolution scale @ 70 and I get 60+ fps on 64p servers :) Stable.

 

In SQUAD, 45ish fps in gun fight on 64p ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what about the performance issues?

 

Quote myself:

I play the BF1 alpha. Great results in fps. Everything om MAX settings @ 2560x1440  and resolution scale @ 70 and I get 60+ fps on 64p servers  Stable.

 

In SQUAD, 45ish fps in gun fight on 64p ...

 

It's a different engine. So not comparable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dundish said:

So, what about the performance issues?

 

Quote myself:

 

 

The BF1 Alpha is an Alpha in a different sense, pre-Early Access era. By definition (before the phase got a new / commonly used meaning) the BF1 Pre-Alpha / Alpha is a game that can be played start to finish and completed with some minor blocking issues and bugs present. It's not the same level of "oh it's an alpha" where everything isn't complete. Although there will be changes and additions in BF1, they won't be as drastic as Squad.

 

AAA title Alpha's are not the same as Indie Alpha's.

 

You can mention or even complain about performance issues once the devs have told us that they have completed their major optimisation pass, which is still a while away(?).

 

If it's not mentioned in the recap.. you should think that it's not being worked on, simple as really. It might be, but it's best to focus on their priorities and leave the rest to them. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dundish said:

So, what about the performance issues?

 

Quote myself:

 

 

Not really surprising, given that BF 1 is the Nth iteration of a game engine done by a big studio with huge resorces. Now compare that with a indie team with much limited resources, working first time with a new and evolving engine, and starting almost from scratch, and it becomes clear that comparisons like that are completely unfair.

 

Given all that, I am confident devs will be able to tacle performance issues in time, which is not now but after core features are done, like vehicles, new animation system, and so on. Also they may harvest some benefits from engine updates, like 4.12 and its multithreaded audio, which is expected to benefit AMD CPUs and also low end PCs.

 

TL;DR: unfair to compare BF1 to Squad. Wait because performance shall be dealt with after core features are done and as engine updates are incorporated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

 

The BF1 Alpha is an Alpha in a different sense, pre-Early Access era. By definition (before the phase got a new / commonly used meaning) the BF1 Pre-Alpha / Alpha is a game that can be played start to finish and completed with some minor blocking issues and bugs present. It's not the same level of "oh it's an alpha" where everything isn't complete. Although there will be changes and additions in BF1, they won't be as drastic as Squad.

 

AAA title Alpha's are not the same as Indie Alpha's.

 

You can mention or even complain about performance issues once the devs have told us that they have completed their major optimisation pass, which is still a while away(?).

 

If it's not mentioned in the recap.. you should think that it's not being worked on, simple as really. It might be, but it's best to focus on their priorities and leave the rest to them. :D

I would even say that alpha is more like the beta as of now. It only because now developers sell you "beta" versions just so you buy before release to play earlier and maybe test the server´s at most and pay for that.

 

At least that how I feel about most "beta" versions of the most biggest developers or at least a lot of them.

 

I think the first game that did that was bad company 2, you got the "beta" 2 weeks before release in medal of honor or something like that, and it was just nothing more then an MP demo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×