Chuc

June 2016 Monthly Recap

4 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

usarmy8.jpg

Could those be Epipens on a medic class?

Not to rain on your hype train, but those are chemlights :P

1 minute ago, Dubs said:

Not to rain on your hype train, but those are Chemlights :P

You can also see the radio antenna sticking up, so this is the SL, not the medic :-) 

14 minutes ago, Raklödder said:

I can't wait to become everyone's logistics guy.

And i can't wait to be your darkest nightmares...."Mwahahaha"! See you & your logistics, KaBoom... :D

3 hours ago, dewi316 said:

Freelook can be seen in vehicles now make it happen for Infantry, Please.

35 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

Those two things are unrelated. On foot you use the mouse to steer with while in a vehicle its freed up since you use WASD for steering.

yes exactly  that's why I'd like freelook on soldiers using track IR. make this happen please Dev's.

5 minutes ago, dewi316 said:

yes exactly  that's why I'd like freelook on soldiers using track IR. make this happen please Dev's.

That's gon be mighty convenient eh?

"Devs I want track IR even though there's no link to freelook in vehicles make it happen pl0x"

Devs: "shit ur rite"

*Spits out trackIR and freelook in version 6.66

2 hours ago, Gorzu said:

Those two things are unrelated. On foot you use the mouse to steer with while in a vehicle its freed up since you use WASD for steering.

Unfortunately WASD is the most often seen solution... It is really ackward, the mouse steering is much more natural, but the trick is to enable also the freelook with it.. The steering with mouse and acceleration and braking with A (forward) & S (reverse) is the one of the most natural way of steering the vehicles without dedicated analog controller.

New radial wheel is looking mighty functional, can't wait to use it. Though I'm gonna be brutally honest and say that I really don't like the aesthetics of it.. it's just too colorful, cartoony and stylized for my taste. But oh well as long as its functional.

Other than that I look forward everything shown! And hopefully not too long from now we'll get to see some wips for new insurgents.?

How do you handle acceleration in vehicles? Will there a speed limit or similar?

"W = moving fast" can be very restricting.

I imagine pressing Num2 for 20km/h limit, Num3 for 30km/h limit and so on.

Just now, FishMan said:

usarmy4.jpg

OH IAM SO LOVE IN THIS 6 ROUNDS ON HIS BELT!

6 HE, 2 smoke white, 2 smoke red, 2 smoke blue = 12?

3 minutes ago, SgtSalty said:

How do you handle acceleration in vehicles? Will there a speed limit or similar?

"W = moving fast" can be very restricting.

I imagine pressing Num2 for 20km/h limit, Num3 for 30km/h limit and so on.

IDK how they are willing to implement, but there have been lenghty forum discussion about the subject in yearly 2015. Ie. scroll wheel speedcontrol were suggested.

Best monthly update so far! There are so many good things that i dont even know what to do first when i get my hands on it :) Vehicles look awesome, new interaction menu that shows what classes are available is fantastic, the weapons are great + US models and bigger maps. But my favourite part is that we're actually getting the logi system! That will be a complete gamechanger :)

I understand it will start as a very basic thing and that we wont have actual crates (yet at least) but i would love it if the ammo box we have in game now would be tied into the new system. So rather than buidling a FOB to get ammo you would "build" / spawn the ammo box direcly if you have a vehicle next to you, the same way it looks like we will be building the radio. The ammo box itself would not be tied to a FOB, it would have its own limited amount of ammo and would disappear if it runs out.

Calling in ammo for your squad when its low is one of the coolest and most usefull parts of the supply system in PR and is much more satisfying than spawning it at a FOB. And since it looks like v7 will have all the necessary systems and art assets for it i hope its not too much to ask :) 

Just now, Karm said:

6 HE, 2 smoke white, 2 smoke red, 2 smoke blue = 12?

Can I have 12 HE please?

8 hours ago, mazadu said:

Sorry to be so harsh on the M110, but I was very much looking forward to it and am honestly fairly sad to see it so far from authenticity.. 

Sorry to be so harsh but do people not read the recaps and only look at the screenshots?

In its current state it will sport a TA31 4X ACOG optic, in lieu of technical blockers preventing us in using the standard 10x Leupold scope.

It says that the ACOG is a placeholder right there in the recap