Chuc

June 2016 Monthly Recap

They were aiming for a release sometime in "late July or early August". So, assuming they get everything done that they would like to get done for this release and no glaring issues are found in the next playtests, it is reasonable to expect a release within the next 3 to 4 weeks. A message will pop up eventually, relax :)

1 hour ago, Frontliner said:

They were aiming for a release sometime in "late July or early August". So, assuming they get everything done that they would like to get done for this release and no glaring issues are found in the next playtests, it is reasonable to expect a release within the next 3 to 4 weeks. A message will pop up eventually, relax :)

When I was playing Squad yesterday some guy said, "he was was on redit and one of the devs stated, "that possibly July 26 which is Tuesday that it might be coming out.". That is a maybe and not a definite! 9_9

Between Aug 1st and 11th at the latest from what the devs have hinted at

2 hours ago, eZZzZ said:

when is v7 coming, srsly ???

7 hours ago, eZZzZ said:

when is v7 coming, srsly ???

Within 20 days 

Stop whining about V7, I'm about to catch 'em all! OH LOOK A PIDGY

57 minutes ago, eZZzZ said:

i care more about the fps than the vehicles tbh

I know that feel bro. I got decent rig which can handle most of the games - but squad works ... not as good as I think it should. I know that the performace "should" improve but I hear this for very long time and can't see really any progress on this.

And now when the vehicles will come it will probably get even worse.

Edited by JimmyJazz

13 minutes ago, JimmyJazz said:

I know that feel bro. I got decent rig which can handle most of the games - but squad works ... not as good as I think it should. I know that the performace "should" improve but I hear this for very long time and can't see really any progress on this.

And now when the vehicles will come it will probably get even worse.

Performance won't be fully focused on until late Alpha and Beta, when most content is in, as is with pretty much all games in development. We will only see minor optimizations in this early stage of building the game.

Amd Issues are mainly to do with UE4 needing to put patches out, which they have, 4.11(Implemented in SQ now) and soon the 4.12 patch when released, which has a lot of AMD fixes involved, specifically for the CPU and threading.

I remember seeing a Dev quote somewhere, about how there was a minimal performance hit, with 30 vehicles in a test.

Nice update!

The only thing that looks kind of weird to me is the material on the US soldier.

http://media.joinsquad.com/2016/July/JuneRecap/usarmy7.jpg

It seems like their gear has the colours of a multicam but the clothing has a marpat colour scheme which looks weird to me.

The strange ATACS like pattern near his butt looks weird as well, does not blend nice with the rest.

I like the fact that not all pouches have a pattern and some are tan.

So far I like the US model without the textures more. But that's just my opinion.

I really love the apartment building! Cant wait to see that ingame, it would be nice if the game had a breach door mechanic for clearing rooms.

On 7/27/2016 at 6:56 AM, Zi0_ said:

Nice update!

The only thing that looks kind of weird to me is the material on the US soldier.

http://media.joinsquad.com/2016/July/JuneRecap/usarmy7.jpg

It seems like their gear has the colours of a multicam but the clothing has a marpat colour scheme which looks weird to me.

The strange ATACS like pattern near his butt looks weird as well, does not blend nice with the rest.

I like the fact that not all pouches have a pattern and some are tan.

So far I like the US model without the textures more. But that's just my opinion.

I really love the apartment building! Cant wait to see that ingame, it would be nice if the game had a breach door mechanic for clearing rooms.

I think the reason it looks weird to you is because it's not a standard multicam pattern, it's the new Scorpion W2 pattern which is more blotchy and lacks verticle shapes. 

Maybe, what bothers me the most is that you see two colour schemes, I dont like it but thats my personal opinion. On other pictures the colours schemes seem to match so maybe I'm just blind. The character models look great I'm just not a big fan of the textures but like I said before its just my opinion.

I really liked the rest of the update tho, SKS, PPSH, M110, DShK etc. Cant wait for the vehicles!

I wish the devs the best of luck!

I wonder how they will change the walking. personally i dont want them to make it slower than it is already but lets see

Edited by RaulO4