Chuc

June 2016 Monthly Recap

mazadu   

There are plenty of optic options that would look less terrible than an ACOG.....

Schmidt&Bender short dot (or any generic ~4x tubular optic)

Honestly any tubular optic would be better then an ACOG/RCO... I get the whole having difficulty either licensing or getting 10x zoom to work, doesn't mean use an optic you'd literally never see on a M110... Just do what every other game does, put a generic tube optic and do 4x "for now" and use the current tech if that's the issue or just fudge it and call the optic whatever works. 

IRONXBAY   
Just now, mazadu said:

There are plenty of optic options that would look less terrible than an ACOG.....

Honestly any tubular optic would be better then an ACOG/RCO... I get the whole having difficulty either licensing or getting 10x zoom to work, doesn't mean use an optic you'd literally never see on a M110... Just do what every other game does, put a generic tube optic and do 4x "for now" and use the current tech if that's the issue or just fudge it and call the optic whatever works. 

the dev team doesn't have time to make a brand new optic just because the ACOG doesn't fit the aesthetic someone wants on the M110 while they work towards bringing in the actual optic the M110 is equipped with by Army standard. this is what you'll have for the foreseeable future.

4 minutes ago, mazadu said:

Fantastic. Go through the whole modeling/texturing process to make an entire new optic you'll use only once as a placeholder because you think the TA31 is ugly.

Edited by Blackout330

Snafu   

Are vehicles guaranteed for V7? sorry if the question is coming off as troll'y or rude, I have a group of friends that are adamant they will only buy Squad when vehicles arrive even though i've tried my best to convince them with all the current work that's been done on the game. /:

IRONXBAY   
3 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

Yes

all of you should've learned by now that NOTHING is guaranteed in game development.

Spoiler

edit: except bugs

Sahara   

The ACOG optic for the M110 seen above is a placeholder guys. They're having technical issues with the proper 10x scope we've seen before. It'll be brought in eventually. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

mazadu   

The optic IIRC was modeled but apparently non-functional.  Honestly it'd be better to have it on the wrong zoom than an ACOG. 

But as a positive, US soldiers now look much better.  Is it Scorpion camo or MultiCam?

Vehicles look baller but we'll see how they affect game mechanics.

mazadu   

Also, the Leupold MK4 is a variable 3.5x-10x optic. So use the model and just say it's on the zoomed out setting... Problem solved if it's just an issue of zoom...