Blackout28

Launch Error (Game client enountered an application error)

Hello guys,

I just bought the game today on steam and I was so excited to play but on startup I encountered a Launch Error.

I tried to reinstall C++ Redistributable 2015 but then i also enountered another issue. After I uninstalled the Visual C++ and tried to install it again an error poped up saying i already have this installed. But I don't. 

Also I use Avast Antivirus just in case it has something to do with the game error. 

Help? Thanx !

Update:

I restarted the computer and now it seems I have Visual C++ 2015 installed. But the Launch Error still occurs

1 hour ago, Blackout28 said:

Update:

I restarted the computer and now it seems I have Visual C++ 2015 installed. But the Launch Error still occurs

have you run all available windows updates?
do that then try to reinstall VC++ 

30 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

have you run all available windows updates?
do that then try to reinstall VC++ 

I cannot enable windows updates because it's not original windows. Also reinstalled the latest versions of VC++

Edited by Blackout28

I cannot enable windows updates because it's not original windows. Also reinstalled the latest versions of VC++

What windows do you have?

Just now, Planetgong said:

Dumb question: why didn't you upgrade it to win 10 and made it legit?

idk to be honest xD didn't like it at first

8 minutes ago, Blackout28 said:

idk to be honest xD didn't like it at first

Even if my windows is not ''legit'', it is activated. Should I upgrade it to W10 ? And if so, do you think this will resolve the issue ? I play plenty of games but none of the issues I had with those games were there because of my windows 8.1

Even if my windows is not ''legit'', it is activated. Should I upgrade it to W10 ? And if so, do you think this will resolve the issue ? I play plenty of games but none of the issues I had with those games were there because of my windows 8.1

U need an up to date windows for the game. If it's not possible to update win 8, i would upgrade it to win 10. If this is resolving the issue? I'm not gifted with the art of timetravel, so i don't know. But to own an up to date and legit win 10 is better than to own an outdated nonlegit win 8

Just now, Planetgong said:

U need an up to date windows for the game. If it's not possible to update win 8, i would upgrade it to win 10. If this is resolving the issue? I'm not gifted with the art of timetravel, so i don't know. But to own an up to date and legit win 10 is better than to own an outdated nonlegit win 8emoji6.png

Right away sir

Apparently I cannot update to windows 10. At the end of the update i got an error... Any suggestions on how I can run the game without upgrading ?

Just now, SuicidalChair said:

what do you mean by it not being legit?

It was not bought. But it is activated. I got a dvd from a friend an directly installed '' Windows 8.1 Pro Activated ''. but all the updates were turned off just to avoid problems.

1 minute ago, Blackout28 said:

It was not bought. But it is activated. I got a dvd from a friend an directly installed '' Windows 8.1 Pro Activated ''. but all the updates were turned off just to avoid problems.

ok well then there is nothing I can do for you if your using a pirated operating system.

Just now, SuicidalChair said:

ok well then there is nothing I can do for you if your using a pirated operating system.

Ok then, I'll just refund the game and buy it again when I will buy a windows license. Have a nice day.