Jump to content
Blackout28

Launch Error (Game client enountered an application error)

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

 

I just bought the game today on steam and I was so excited to play but on startup I encountered a Launch Error.

 

I tried to reinstall C++ Redistributable 2015 but then i also enountered another issue. After I uninstalled the Visual C++ and tried to install it again an error poped up saying i already have this installed. But I don't. 

 

Also I use Avast Antivirus just in case it has something to do with the game error. 

 

Help? Thanx !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

 

I restarted the computer and now it seems I have Visual C++ 2015 installed. But the Launch Error still occurs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackout28 said:

Update:

 

I restarted the computer and now it seems I have Visual C++ 2015 installed. But the Launch Error still occurs

have you run all available windows updates?
do that then try to reinstall VC++ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

have you run all available windows updates?
do that then try to reinstall VC++ 

I cannot enable windows updates because it's not original windows. Also reinstalled the latest versions of VC++

Edited by Blackout28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I cannot enable windows updates because it's not original windows. Also reinstalled the latest versions of VC++

What windows do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Planetgong said:

Dumb question: why didn't you upgrade it to win 10 and made it legit?

idk to be honest xD didn't like it at first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blackout28 said:

idk to be honest xD didn't like it at first

Even if my windows is not ''legit'', it is activated. Should I upgrade it to W10 ? And if so, do you think this will resolve the issue ? I play plenty of games but none of the issues I had with those games were there because of my windows 8.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Even if my windows is not ''legit'', it is activated. Should I upgrade it to W10 ? And if so, do you think this will resolve the issue ? I play plenty of games but none of the issues I had with those games were there because of my windows 8.1

U need an up to date windows for the game. If it's not possible to update win 8, i would upgrade it to win 10. If this is resolving the issue? I'm not gifted with the art of timetravel, so i don't know. But to own an up to date and legit win 10 is better than to own an outdated nonlegit win 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Planetgong said:

U need an up to date windows for the game. If it's not possible to update win 8, i would upgrade it to win 10. If this is resolving the issue? I'm not gifted with the art of timetravel, so i don't know. But to own an up to date and legit win 10 is better than to own an outdated nonlegit win 8emoji6.png

Right away sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I cannot update to windows 10. At the end of the update i got an error... Any suggestions on how I can run the game without upgrading ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuicidalChair said:

what do you mean by it not being legit?

It was not bought. But it is activated. I got a dvd from a friend an directly installed '' Windows 8.1 Pro Activated ''. but all the updates were turned off just to avoid problems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackout28 said:

It was not bought. But it is activated. I got a dvd from a friend an directly installed '' Windows 8.1 Pro Activated ''. but all the updates were turned off just to avoid problems.

 

ok well then there is nothing I can do for you if your using a pirated operating system.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuicidalChair said:

ok well then there is nothing I can do for you if your using a pirated operating system.
 

Ok then, I'll just refund the game and buy it again when I will buy a windows license. Have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×