FishMan

[Tutorial] How to be a miserable bastard

1 hour ago, Blackout330 said:

We are still going to get a super-sized 552? Shame, but still worth it :P

Yep. Super-sized or penetrated through plank, I personally prefer second variant.

Edited by FishMan

picjpg_4328956_22864493.jpg

EOTech M552 Highpoly model availible for download here.

I have no time to do any fancy renders, most of the time I've spent in fixing some bugs so just made one quick render with super-simple material.

The model is not perfect, so any critics is welcome. Let me know if there be any problems. Have fun. 

Pay attention that big bolt on the side has come from Zbrush. Do not try add any subdivision to it or your PC will freeze.

Finally I can go sleep...good night everyone.

Edited by FishMan

7 hours ago, FishMan said:

I have no time to do any fancy renders, most of the time I've spent in fixing some bugs so just made one quick render with super-simple material.

Any critics is welcome. Let me know if there be any problems. Have fun. 

Pay attention that big bolt on the side has come from Zbrush. Do not try add any subdivision to it or your PC will freeze.

a>picjpg_4328956_22864493.jpgVery striking.But meybe its okey.

Edited by Chap

Just now, Chap said:

Very striking.But meybe its okey.

Its because of shitty lighting. Does't matter because this model is for bakes.

Here's how it actually looks. As you can see everything is fine there. Well at least as I think.

picjpg_2273451_22867312.jpg

Edited by FishMan

10 hours ago, FishMan said:

The model is not perfect, so any critics is welcome. Let me know if there be any problems. Have fun. 

Grate! Cant wait to use it when i'll come home! 

Uh shit. I wasn't able to do baking today. It took me 1.5 day to do lowpoly with UVs also I've done some testing in engine.

So there are 3,392 triangles in this model so far (dev's aimpont has 3,530 for exmaple).

So here is the video. Pay attention that this is just a low poly without normal maps and textures.

I would like to know that you thinking so far guys. Please post any thoughts that come into your mind. Thanks.

(Sorry for the music it was somethig that was playing atm on the background)

Edited by FishMan

Ok. So, I played a little bit with the size of this sight and slope of the back side and now I think it looks familiar:

pic.jpg

There are actually a second problem with M4: I dunno why, but the front sight is too tall. That's why it sticks out so much, when you aiming.

It should be a little bit smaller and shorter if you compare it with the photograph. 

pic.jpg

It's strange, because unlike the pikatinny plank it's hard to do any mistake here, because usually artits are using photo from the side as the background for modeling. It seems like they adjusted it sizes for some reason.

Edited by FishMan

Go mod your stupid milsims, damn nitpicker.

Just kidding. Try to reduce the accuracy parameter of your model to 94-95%. It should help.

Missed me? :D

So here I am with the bakes. I desided not to stream it and as it turned out it was a good decision. Because I was planning to spend 1 day on bakes, but it took 3.

Lowpoly:

Tris: 3394

Textures: 2048x2048 (AO and Normal map) - I'll maybe reduce this number later for the optimisation purposes.

And guess what? You can watch this model inside your browser. Here is the link (below the image):

mrmstprvw.jpg

Lnk to marmoset viewer.

Glass is basically a plaseholder. I hope I will be able to do some descent glass shader inside unreal later...

Still has'nt tested this inside the engine, maybe tomorrow....

You might noticed that I am a supporter of the openly work (can't see any reason why someone should hide during the mod development). So here is a screenshot of my UVs from UV layout (blue parts is basically the parts which gonna be at the front (they have a double texel density), and the red parts are the insides and the bottom(they have a 1/2 texel dencity)). I decided that it can be interesting for someone...

pic.jpg

As you can see there are a lot of symmetrical parts. This is for the economy of texture space.

I am not going to relese low poly and the bakes on this stage (at least untill someone ask), because I might decide to change something. But I will relese it as soon as posible so stay turned.

And I really hope that at least I will be able to finish this model before IronTaxi completely got mad and ban me for no good reason. I was thinking to do some additional stuff fot you guys, but there is a big chance that I will not survive this witch hunt...

Pretty strange times have come on this forum it seems that you can say only something good about developers on this forum otherwise they gonna ban you. Duh... I even not sure whether they gonna close this thread after I said that...

But anyway... **** it... about eotech model...

I dunno how much time it will take to make a texture, as I said I wanna try new software for this. I think it gonna take a while, especially because my wacation is going to end in monday...

As previously any critics is welcome, basically you can say any shit that you think about me, even that I am stubborn and really quite ignorant, so not be shy... :) 

The more attention you put - the more motivation I have to complete this...

Thanks.

Edited by FishMan

10 hours ago, smokyhook said:

When do you get to teaching about how to be a miserable bastard? That's the part I wanna see

:D

Here is the screenshots from in engine tests. Pay attention that there are no textures atm. Just AO, Normalmap and solid color. In my opinion it starting to look descent, what do you think guys?

pic.jpg

Edited by FishMan

46 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

BEAUTIFUL!

It looks very good. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Chap said:

Will you try to make glass?

Yep. As I said:

On 9/8/2016 at 11:02 PM, FishMan said:

I hope I will be able to do some descent glass shader inside unreal later...

Edited by FishMan

On 9/9/2016 at 5:39 AM, FishMan said:

:D

Here is the screenshots from in engine tests. Pay attention that there are no textures atm. Just AO, Normalmap and solid color. In my opinion it starting to look descent, what do you think guys?

pic.jpg

Super duper sexy to see my eotech in the game... Although the actual details and proportions are correct, it doesn't quite actually represent the way it would if I looked through mine, I understand it's probably an engine limitation of some sort, but If you look through an EOTech irl you can actually see through the space in between the cover and the housing. Just some thoughts, but in real practice you use a holographic with both eyes open which cannot be done in unreal using a monitor. I have seen games like BF which find a way to more accurately portray it but they are actually using separate first and third person models/animations so I don't think you could do it quite the same way. you could maybe do something similar to the acog and aimpoint as they stand in-game right now where the texture on the inside of the tube vanishes when you are scoped. If you did something similar with your 552 model it would fix the issue I believe. 

Just my 2¢.

NotBrad out.

edit:

Just noticed how bad my run-on sentences are, no I won't fix them.

Edited by NotBrad

This is the best I could find to explain, 

IMG_2948copy.jpg

If any of you have used firearms extensively before you'll know what I mean when I describe the "blurriness" of the rear sight aperture when focusing on a distant target; the same applies here to the outer aluminum housing of the sight, the sight itself is almost completely invisible to the shooter when actually aiming due to the paralax-free both eye open design. The main reason that a lot of players avoid using the EOTech holographic sights in videogames boils down to how obstructive it is in most games, but in real life it is almost invisible to the shooter unless he directly looks at it.

The blurriness should be done with post-effects like DOF. It's a little different task. Here it is necessary to delve into how the developers have implemented everything and find out why they do not use the DOF, and whether is it possible to fix that, or there is a chance that DOF hit the performance too much, or perhaps there is some other reason why do they not use it... and of course because I'am so stubborn and really quite ignorant (and bitchy miserable troll aka bastard as well), I can't just ask them about it, because they will send me far away. I have to find out this by myself... :)

So I'll watch it later.

About perspective shit...

Yeah at default scopes devs are just removing interior (tube) part so it looks more like orthographic projection.

picjpg_1459716_23397419.jpg

There are basically two versions of their scopes: one with interior parts for first and third person view and another without interior parts used for ADS. They are switching between each other when you entering aiming mode. You can even see this moment if you look more precise.

But I don't think that it's possible in my case...

Well I will try something I'am not sure that it's going to work but I'll try to fix this somehow. Thanks for your feedback.

5 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Just noticed how bad my run-on sentences are, no I won't fix them.

Not a problem for me. Critics is always painful. If I understand you correctly of course...

Edited by FishMan

2 minutes ago, samogon said:

Good bump map.But color texure looks like plain gray color with AO.

Fascinating conclusion my friend :D

Especially when I said that above.

On 9/9/2016 at 0:39 PM, FishMan said:

Pay attention that there are no textures atm. Just AO, Normalmap and solid color.

7 minutes ago, samogon said:

btw,show me maps(color,bump and specular) please,im curious.

Sure. As soon as I made them :)

And there are no bump here, just normal map. I can't show it atm cause I'am at work.