FishMan

[Tutorial] How to be a miserable bastard

117 posts in this topic

+1,5 days of work and we almoust there, guys. Still missing some parts and some small details. I guess I'll need additional 3-4 hours to finish them, and then I will move to adjusting the mesh for subdivision.

pic.jpg

Overall I'am planning to spend 1,5-2 more days on the highpoly. This mean that I will finish this only on next weekend, when I'll got some time to work under this model.

At first I planned 4 days to modeling, but apparently it will take a little bit longer.

But for now I'll go sleep.

By the way... @NotBrad you was saying that you can do some photos. Can you do a favor to me? I can't find any photos of this part under the cap in the Internet:

pic.jpg

Is it possible that you can make some photos under this cap?

2 minutes ago, FishMan said:

+1,5 days of work and we almoust there, guys. Still missing some parts and some small details. I guess I'll need additional 3-4 hours to finish them, and then I will move to adjusting the mesh for subdivision.

pic.jpg

Overall I'am planning to spend 1,5-2 more days on the highpoly. This mean that I will finish this only on next weekend, when I'll got some time to work under this model.

At first I planned 4 days to modeling, but apparently it will take a little bit longer.

But for now I'll go sleep.

By the way... @NotBrad you was saying that you can do some photos. Can you do a favor to me? I can't find any photos of this part under the cap in the Internet:

pic.jpg

Is it possible that you can make some photos under this cap?

By that you mean under the aluminum shroud? That I suppose I could probably do, I'm out of town right now and won't be home for another 3-4ish hours but I can!

Just now, NotBrad said:

By that you mean under the aluminum shroud? That I suppose I could probably do, I'm out of town right now and won't be home for another 3-4ish hours but I can!

Yeah exactly. There are some tricky cuts, that I can't figure...

picjpg_4111245_22639007.jpg

It will be great if you take the photos from different angles. Thanks, I owe you.

6 hours ago, FishMan said:

Yeah exactly. There are some tricky cuts, that I can't figure...

picjpg_4111245_22639007.jpg

It will be great if you take the photos from different angles. Thanks, I owe you.

Are you asking me to remove the shroud then? I've never done that before, and wasn't planning on ever doing it(don't really keep ant loc-tite handy). If you want I could though.

1 hour ago, NotBrad said:

Are you asking me to remove the shroud then? I've never done that before, and wasn't planning on ever doing it(don't really keep ant loc-tite handy). If you want I could though.

Yep. But only if it's not a problem. See for yourself if this is a problem I'll try to invent something.

7 hours ago, FishMan said:

Yep. But only if it's not a problem. See for yourself if this is a problem I'll try to invent something.

I don't think that it's a HUGE problem, gimme a few and I'll have the sight out.

Just now, NotBrad said:

I don't think that it's a HUGE problem, gimme a few and I'll have the sight out.

Ok. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, FishMan said:

Ok. Thanks.

pics are uploading now, will post them once done, let me know if you need something else or a better angle.

10 hours ago, FishMan said:

Holy shit! Super useful. Thanks a lot!

You are welcome! Let me know if you need any more reference pics! Just for reference, this is from April 2006

ds3wTzv.jpg

still working great though!

10 hours ago, Chap said:

Dude when you making a live stream?

Later. When done the blocking. Next week-end probably Saturday evening Moscow time or Sunday.

+4 hours and blocking is done. Next step - optimising this mesh for subdivision purposes. I'll start tomorrow.

picjpg_6103825_22695417.jpg

I guess @NotBrad will like this:

picjpg_5403708_22695427.jpg

I will add the letters, arrows and other complicated stuff later on the normal map.

Edited by FishMan

2 hours ago, FishMan said:

+4 hours and blocking is done. Next step - optimising this mesh for subdivision purposes. I'll start tomorrow.

picjpg_6103825_22695417.jpg

I guess @NotBrad will like this:

picjpg_5403708_22695427.jpg

I will add the letters, arrows and other complicated stuff later on the normal map.

I probably would.

Stream: *over*

My english is pretty shitty, but you can ask any questions I will try to explain what I'am doing, but be ready that most of the time I'am going to speak Russian, drink babushka's kompot and eat shashlik )

And don't forget to say the password...

a1AgWj64m_480wa_v1.gif

Edited by FishMan

Seems like I will not post any progress on this weekend's, because I have to go to my work. I'll finish high poly later, they told me that they will give me day-offs for this.

Missed me?

Meanwhile I spend +1.5 day working on this project and modeling is over. Tomorrow I will do a quick presentation in keyshot and after that I will upload this model to gumroad so everybody can download it for free and do with it whatever they like...

picjpg_9552263_22853353.jpg

I just cant stop thinking about this...

picjpg_3403738_22853400.jpg

Edited by FishMan

5 hours ago, FishMan said:

Missed me?

Meanwhile I spend +1.5 day working on this project and modeling is over. Tomorrow I will do a quick presentation in keyshot and after that I will upload this model to gumroad so everybody can download it for free and do with it whatever they like...

I cant wait for it to come out!
i"m following this topic for a while and in the minute i saw EOTech sight i was so happy!

this mod will be awesome! hopefully they will bring the 552 to the game as default

thank you again for your effort im looking forward to use it my self 

Uh fogot to say that this is a Highpoly. Next step is lowpoly and bake. I think 1 day will be enough for this.

Edited by FishMan

9 hours ago, FishMan said:

Missed me?

You will add and configure it in the UN4?

24 minutes ago, Chap said:

You will add and configure it in the UN4?

Of course. But only when I'll do the lowpoly, bakes and texturing. 

Lowpoly with bakes should take 1 day as I said earlier, it's mean that I will do it on next weekends.

As for texturing - I don't know how long It will take since I planning to try new software for this (substance painter/designer which I have but never tried), so don't expect this earlier than two weeks (should take longer actually). As I said before I can only work on week-ends, because usually I am too tired when I come home after my work.

Highpoly will be available today. I just want to make some quick renders in Keyshot just for presentation and then I will upload this to Gumroad.

Edited by FishMan

14 minutes ago, FishMan said:

Of course. But only when I'll do the lowpoly, bakes and texturing. 

Lowpoly with bakes should take 1 day as I said earlier, it's mean that I will do it on next weekends.

As for texturing - I don't know how long It will take since I planning to try new software for this (substance painter/designer which I have but never tried), so don't expect this earlier than two weeks (should take longer actually). As I said before I can only work on week-ends, because usually I am too tired when I come home after my work.

Highpoly will be available today. I just want to make some quick renders in Keyshot just for presentation and then I will upload this to Gumroad.

Cool. I'll wait for Stream when you do low poly,bakes and texturing. If you're certainly going to doing stream)

57 minutes ago, Chap said:

Cool. I'll wait for Stream when you do low poly,bakes and texturing. If you're certainly going to doing stream)

Well I was planning to stream the bakes. I think there is nothing interesting in doing the low poly.

I will not make any streams for texturing because it will take too much time and it will be really hard for me to work on stream.