ibk

PlaySquad.online - Real time server list

39 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Play Squad is a website that keeps track of Squad servers in real time.

As of now each server has a details page with server information, current players, statistics and a server banner.

We have also integrated Steam authentication. This will allow you to favorite servers and leave comments.

Be aware that authenticating through Steam will create you a public "soldier profile" in the website, but we have added some privacy settings for those that don't want to share their information.

You can check out the website in PlaySquad.online.

Edited by ibk

Wow this is really awesome! Its all really smooth, looks good and has a good feel. Some little feedback points i could think of is:

-maybe a number of players playing right now posted somewhere up top, people like me just like to know that stuff for no real reason :)

-The bottom line:  "PLAYSQUAD.XYZ IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED, SPONSORED OR ENDORSED WITH OFFWORLD INDUSTRIES." is worded sort of funny, something like "Playsquad is in no way affiliated WITH, sponsored, or endorsed BY offworld..." hits the ear better in my opinion (yes a very small critique i know, couldnt find much to give feedback on).

-Personal opinion, id wait to hear more opinions on this but i hate that the S in your logo has the little 'Q' tail. Im sure theres something you can do to make the PS stand out more, but i dont think thats the way to go.

Thats all i can really think of, this is a great tool you guys have made, and i plan on using it from now on to hop in to games. thanks for the effort on this one!

you're the guys who made that? I've been shilling it out to everyone, I think its rocks (pun intended)
Best go-to browser around.

3 hours ago, paul_onesix said:

-maybe a number of players playing right now posted somewhere up top, people like me just like to know that stuff for no real reason :)

-The bottom line:  "PLAYSQUAD.XYZ IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED, SPONSORED OR ENDORSED WITH OFFWORLD INDUSTRIES." is worded sort of funny, something like "Playsquad is in no way affiliated WITH, sponsored, or endorsed BY offworld..." hits the ear better in my opinion (yes a very small critique i know, couldnt find much to give feedback on).

-Personal opinion, id wait to hear more opinions on this but i hate that the S in your logo has the little 'Q' tail. Im sure theres something you can do to make the PS stand out more, but i dont think thats the way to go.

1. Will be added.
  2. I agree it sounds better, I'll check with the rest of the team.
  3. I'm not sure the logo it's going to change but we can have a word about that too.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

3 hours ago, SuicidalChair said:

you're the guys who made that? I've been shilling it out to everyone, I think its rocks (pun intended)
Best go-to browser around.

3 hours ago, karmakut said:

i love your site ibk :D

Thanks, we appreciate it :)

Yeah, found it when someone posted on reddit, been using since then. Nice layout, simple and effective, nice features too. Good job soldiers!

Looks great so far. Would it be possible and in your interest to add a custom banner feature?

12 hours ago, Zenrique said:

Yeah, found it when someone posted on reddit, been using since then. Nice layout, simple and effective, nice features too. Good job soldiers!

Thanks brother! We certainly hope to keep iterating and deliver a pretty valuable tool to the community.

7 hours ago, Nash said:

Looks great so far. Would it be possible and in your interest to add a custom banner feature?

Custom banner? As in for each server they can upload an image with information regarding that community?

I think it could be a nice addition to the browser if you could watch the server rules. That way those who prefer a more strict ruleset can find the servers they are looking for more easily.

2 hours ago, DrBigMoney said:

Thanks brother! We certainly hope to keep iterating and deliver a pretty valuable tool to the community.

Custom banner? As in for each server they can upload an image with information regarding that community?

Yeah, for example: You could have an "editor" where a user uploads a background for the banner, then they can choose the placement and maybe even the font/colors of the server name, IP, etc.

2 hours ago, Frontliner said:

I think it could be a nice addition to the browser if you could watch the server rules. That way those who prefer a more strict ruleset can find the servers they are looking for more easily.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't think server admins are able to modify rulesets right now, these rules are forced by the game mode which are already rulesets.

28 minutes ago, Nash said:

Yeah, for example: You could have an "editor" where a user uploads a background for the banner, then they can choose the placement and maybe even the font/colors of the server name, IP, etc.

It would definitely be a cool thing to have, but it would also take a lot of work so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, ibk said:

Can you elaborate on this? I don't think server admins are able to modify rulesets right now, these rules are forced by the game mode which are already rulesets.

It would definitely be a cool thing to have, but it would also take a lot of work so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Understandable :)

27 minutes ago, ibk said:

There are two modifiers he might be talking about, albeit an admin has to have modified it with cheat credentials.

AdminAlwaysValidPlacement	cheat	AdminAlwaysValidPlacement <alwaysValid> (Sets the server to ignore placement rules for deployables)
AdminAllKitsAvailable	cheat	AdminAllKitsAvailable <Valid> (Sets the server to ignore kit restrictions)

1 hour ago, ibk said:

No, I mean for example those with the first correctly named Squad get the right to use a specific asset(like Tank, APC, Trans). Or something as trivial as "a microphone is necessary for all players". Some servers in PR forbid rushing the first flag, or camping with an AA right outside the enemy main base in order to shoot down choppers. That kind of thing.

16 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

No, I mean for example those with the first correctly named Squad get the right to use a specific asset(like Tank, APC, Trans). Or something as trivial as "a microphone is necessary for all players". Some servers in PR forbid rushing the first flag, or camping with an AA right outside the enemy main base in order to shoot down choppers. That kind of thing.

You mean like a server description then? It's not possible to add that because we fetch the servers directly from Steam, unless the Squad developers add a server description or message that admins can configure and that we can retrieve by querying the sever.

1 hour ago, Frontliner said:

The only thing with this is,  all licensed servers can't enforce these rules per the EULA.

So for custom servers, this isn't a bad idea.

Maybe down the road claim server pages and longer server history options?

What is the delay on the updating player count? Currently seems like >1min. Sometimes it just plain wrong showing 59/70 but full in game browser.

Edited by Switcher

On 7/6/2016 at 3:31 AM, Switcher said:

Maybe down the road claim server pages and longer server history options?

What benefits would you get after claiming a server page?

On 7/6/2016 at 3:31 AM, Switcher said:

What is the delay on the updating player count? Currently seems like >1min. Sometimes it just plain wrong showing 59/70 but full in game browser.

Most components of the website are cached for at least a minute to make it load faster and avoid a query spam to your or other servers.

Comment control, website advertisement, link to specific server rules, longer server history?

3 hours ago, Switcher said:

Comment control, website advertisement, link to specific server rules, longer server history?

Sounds good, we'll add it to the list.

Updated to show server health.

Report back if you feel like your server is showing a wrong status and want it fixed.

Edited by ibk

What's up with all the "PLAYER JOINING" slots?

007eb79ed12e4c5e99e74bebe016110b.jpg