paul_onesix

GTX 970 upgrade, anything i need to know?

16 minutes ago, CMBelite-FR said:

i was talking about min FPS, i have 45 min and others stated that they have 70+ min FPS, but i'm already CPU limited with the second fastest CPU of the market, so i don't understand how a 1070 could give a boost of 30+ FPS

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Until people actually post their benchmarks/fps videos of their 1070's. As long as the game runs good enough for you that's all that matters. And if what everyone is saying about their 1070s are true, then OP should get a 1070 instead of a 970 (or 980ti). I am sure there is plenty of content on this thread for him to go through now and make a decision.

I get 50-100ish FPS on a i7 4790K at 4.6Ghz across 4 cores (hyper threading off) and GTX970 GPU combination.

I fix it at 61fps, to keep things smooth and it very rarely drops below that.

Thats on full 72 slot servers, everything max except shadows are low and all AA type stuff off. 120% resolution scale. 1080.

Edited by Shoshin
1080 confirmed!

1 minute ago, Shoshin said:

I get 50-100ish FPS on a i7 4790K at 4.6Ghz across 4 cores (hyper threading off) and GTX970 GPU combination.

I fix it at 61fps, to keep things smooth and it very rarely drops below that.

Thats on full 72 slot servers, everything max except shadows are low and all AA type stuff off. 120% resolution scale.

I noticed that for 1080p, there is no use curently upgrading above 970 for squad

What the fuck 3 pages? haha, well i already bought a 970, it was a good deal for me, and i didnt wanna wait any longer. but thanks for all the info guys, hopefully someone else will find all this useful :)

EDIT: Actually gonna address some of the info y'all gave. I have a i5 4670k and 8GB of RAM currently. No game ever maxed out my GPU, because my CPU always bottlenecked before it had the chance; therefore i don't think my system really needs anything more for GPU. i definitely wanted to stay with nvidia cause i rely on shadowplay for my recording process. though waiting it out for a week may have saved me a few bucks, i caught the ass end of the NCIX summer deal and got my 970 for $150 less than all other online listings. The only thing making me wish i had waited for more replies on this thread is the VRAM info you guys gave, and you were right, i could have waited and gone with something with a current gen level of VRAM for a lesser price.

All in all, still an upgrade for me, and on a tight budget im happy with what i got for what i spent, and how quickly i'll be back in the action. thanks again everyone.

1 hour ago, paul_onesix said:

All in all, still an upgrade for me, and on a tight budget im happy with what i got for what i spent, and how quickly i'll be back in the action. thanks again everyone.

That is all that matters. As long as the game is playable for you and you are happy, it is a worthy upgrade. Enjoy your new card!