Sign in to follow this  
disko

Combat/firefight suggestions

Greetings,
I have played Squad for some time now, about 100hrs+ here are some suggestionsI think would be a good addition to the game:

Destructible objects

Some objects on the battlefield should be destructable/partially destructable, of course not too many as the hardware requirement would be too high, examples:

• Small trees/sapplings
  • Windows - glass, frame
  • Doors
  • Placeable objects, specifically wooden parts

Hitbox/Wounds/Gore

Players getting shot/wounded should be a little more gruesome to add horror to the battlefield, getting shot in specific areas of the body being fatal etc. examples:

• Adding extra fatal areas to players hitbox such as neck and heart, this would influence how players engage in a firefight, player would take more care when aiming. A great addition for all the marksmen having more options to fire a single shot to neutralise enemy/threat.
  • Visible multiple gun wounds to specify where the player was shot.
  • If a player has been shot in a fatal part of the body cannot be revived by medic.
  • If a player has been shot and is in the unconscious state can again be shot to be completely neutralised, this would add a whole new depth to combat, as it would be important for squads to secure their wounded enforcing more team work and communication.
  • Expanding the point above, players/ corpses on the ground when shot at produce blood animation, this way the other player does not know if they have neutralised the threat if they dont have a clear sight of it.

Combat
The Squad developers did an amazing job with the combat and how real the weapons feel so there is not much to add to that, here are some suggestions to expand the combat a little more:

• With the upcoming urban maps door breaching would be a great addition
  • IEDs (Improvised explosive devices) a good way of taking out enemy vehicles, setting up traps etc.
  • Mortars - either a good defence from incoming enemy or good offence, bombarding enemy formations.

Thats all I came up with so far, the game, even in its current state is amazing and the list above are just suggestions, I am please let express your opinion in the reply below, I am interested what you guys think.

Thank you for your attention!

someone will reply with a word beginning with "s".

not me though, we have people for that kind of spam.

lots more to come with squad. you should try reading the forum to find out more :) here is a link

http://forums.joinsquad.com/

and before you thank me, no problem, i'm here to help.

Someone will continue with "e".

About fatal areas: soldiers and even military snipers don't practice "headshots". The mass center i.e. torso is the point of aiming.

Someone will continue with "a". 

Mortars will be buddy. PR have them. Squad will have them. Just wait. 

To actually give some damn feedback to @disko's suggestions, I like them all! Minor destructability would be amazing!

As for door breaching, IEDs, and mortar emplacements... all have been confirmed ;)

13 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

Someone continues with "r"

There won't be gore, maybe in a mod

Source?

To actually give some damn feedback to @disko's suggestions, I like them all! Minor destructability would be amazing!

As for door breaching, IEDs, and mortar emplacements... all have been confirmed

Source?

a8136559317746a76991eade5eade246.jpg

If you find it, feel free to use it. Type in e.g. blood or gore

You' ll find maybe this:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/index.php?/topic/16294-Decals,-Ammo-Packs,-realistic-blood-splatters...?

Post #8

1 minute ago, Planetgong said:

a8136559317746a76991eade5eade246.jpg

If you find it, feel free to use it. Type in e.g. blood or gore

You' ll find maybe this:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/index.php?/topic/16294-Decals,-Ammo-Packs,-realistic-blood-splatters...?

Post #8

I asked you for your source, I'm not about to search the forums for it myself buddy. Why do people on this forum feel obligated to respond to questions patronizingly? Grow up, community.

I asked you for your source, I'm not about to search the forums for it myself buddy. Why do people on this forum feel obligated to respond to questions patronizingly? Grow up, community.

I gave u one of the sources plus the opportunity to find more IF you want. As a grown up man say " thank you planetgong" and have a nice day

I appreciate all the response, thank you guys really, its just hard to navigate through all the feed back the community has gave.

PS: I confirm visual on the search function ;)

I dont understand why no realistic gore I am talking just some gunwounds and maybe minor blood-pools. Nothing too extreme...

Edited by disko

15 minutes ago, disko said:

I appreciate all the response, thank you guys really, its just hard to navigate through all the feed back the community has gave.

PS: I confirm visual on the search function ;)

I dont understand why no realistic gore I am talking just some gunwounds and maybe minor blood-pools. Nothing too extreme...

Its nice...your ideas all of them. But look at that. There are so many very importnat stuff that this is just "beauty" And those beauties will come later later on. 

In UE4 is possible to create destructible objects. But we dont have our 100 server standarts, we dont have supply, vehicles and other originals from PR. So step by step. Wishes papers could fill 50m swimming pool :) and for example Iam here long time. And even before maps looks like deserts. And this forum looked like "shit" and that time all of those cool ideas was already written. Basically today its impossible come with some new idea. Now its time to sit on hands in silent and cry like a kid with every update :) 

2 hours ago, Planetgong said:

I gave u one of the sources plus the opportunity to find more IF you want. As a grown up man say " thank you planetgong" and have a nice dayemoji1.png

I'd tell you the meme and rhetoric was unnecessary, but thank your for the source nonetheless.