What type of Map Voting have you guys envisioned for Squad?

I feel like you could leave this to the server admins to utilize, but I think Project Reality has evidently shown that when you leave the map selection to only a handful of players you get a very biased result.

Hog for example/typical AAS vote

• Muttrah/Saareema/Khamisyah ( the map they want to play)
  • Gaza (throwaway map)
  • Asad (really we have 100 players

Now I know this is community specific, american servers map votes usually don't include the variety the euro servers do. Now when the vote concludes you have 1 map trailing far behind, and two that are relatively close. A map could win that technically had more people voting against it. Now I know this is project reality specific.

Darkest Hour servers ( mod for Red Orchestra Osfront) had a pretty unique map voting system. Players could select any map they wanted and the corresponding number of votes would show up next to the mapname. However if a map had been recently played it wouldn't be available, and the overall number of times the map had been played on the server also influenced this so the same map wouldn't be massively overplayed. This led to a decent map rotation and the true majority picked the map.

I think an intuitive map voting system should ship with the game, and give the server admins some options and flexibility.

Ideas, comments? Rants too

I feel like a random vote, somewhat like Insurgency's system, would suit the needs of the players.  It is a very simple, yet all encompassing system that takes the stress off of the admins but still leaves them some power, such as choosing game modes and such.  

I think a random vote would be good, and the vote should be a public vote on the server possibly at the end of a match so that everyone is able to see it. As currently the map votes can happen during combat/gameplay so people get distracted and don't vote.

That RO:Osfront way of map voting sounds interesting. I'd like to choose between all the maps instead of just three like it is now in PR. However, a clan with enough numbers can basically set the map rotation for the duration of their stay. Hmm... I'll wait to see what the Squad devs have in mind.

I feel like a random vote, somewhat like Insurgency's system, would suit the needs of the players.  It is a very simple, yet all encompassing system that takes the stress off of the admins but still leaves them some power, such as choosing game modes and such.

This^^^^^^ :-)

Darkest Hour servers ( mod for Red Orchestra Osfront) had a pretty unique map voting system. Players could select any map they wanted and the corresponding number of votes would show up next to the mapname. However if a map had been recently played it wouldn't be available, and the overall number of times the map had been played on the server also influenced this so the same map wouldn't be massively overplayed. This led to a decent map rotation and the true majority picked the map.

That sounds good to me.