Why is that the "heavy metal" singers and bands in this thread sounds like a choir boys after listening two days of motörhead

Dude, bathory clip like 9 posts up.

One of my all time favorite bands.

I don't listen to metal much. But when I do.

Cousin turned me on to these guys recently. Good stuff.

Dude, bathory clip like 9 posts up.

I always secretly lol when I heard those "black metal" musical orchestras, plus in my ears it is just bad noise in bad way start to begin. Biggest issue is the singers, since they are like any Johny Hoho from local street thrown in the front of the mics... they can not sing nor rap only thing they can do is croak .. no style, no taste which is sad since there still is artistry behind. So much wasted potential. Pesonal taste of course. :)

Black metal .... You can hate it, you can love it, but there is always some hidden master piece in it ...

anyway for any metal fan I suggest to check this site http://www.angrymetalguy.com/

they have some solid reviews and I alyways find some really good stuff there.

soo refreshing after all the english

Not to get too emo, but sometimes a little black metal hits the spot. Like when dealing with a death. The same way a bit of comedy can make you feel better sometimes. Sometimes it's the only thing mentally that can "hit the spot" so to speak. There's a time and a place. I just don't understand people who say ooo it just sounds like shit. I do wish a lot of the black metal bands released a lot more versions of their songs with lyrics that you can actually hear though.

It's funny, as much as I fucking love Burzum, some of my favorite black metal  (or blackened death metal) has come out of the US in the last 10 years

Just found out ANIT has a new album

Also been listening to a lot of IA lately:

This. Just this:

Yep. 100%. Im glad I got to see Isis play before they split up, but Cult of Luna always managed to tour when I was busy. FML

Yep. 100%. Im glad I got to see Isis play before they split up, but Cult of Luna always managed to tour when I was busy. FML

Fuuuh, I missed them when they opened for TooL back in 05 or whatever. Been a fan since SNGL05 and Divine Mother is still one of my favorites. Panopticon is great too. I need to catch Pelican if/while they're still playing.

This is the song that got me into them. The metered drone was just soooo thick. Love it.

Love these guys too. I did get to catch them for a show in SLC. Really good stuff.

Speaking of broken up bands, these guys are playing a show this year. Definitely going to be one Id like to catch. Hopefully life allows.