futureu.s.a.f.pj

Debating wether to get the game

American chicks play games and their voices are annoying as hell! You will get picked on but its all character building.

I think you should totaly go for it! Even if one or two persons tease you for your voice just suck it up, this is war there are worse things then beeing laughed at by some idiot!

On a serious note, i think if you just do what you are told by your squad lead you will be fine, just dont be that guy who is mic spamming all the time. I played alot of PR and i know there are "kids" who play realy good rounds and just do what they are told.

I think its realy cool that you are interessted in this game at such a young age!

Or, start drinking whiskey and start smoking funny stuff :)

Nah, you'll be fine mate.

I started playing PR at literally 12 years of age.

The community was always nice and as long as you act maturely, nobody will care for your age.

Thanks for the advice. Well I'm not an imbecile who screams into the mic but i understand people playing the game won't be as understanding as I want them to be but this game looks really good. I want to join the Airforce and yes I know it's not the most respected branch but i want to be a Pararescue jumper and this game is really calling my name. Anyways thanks for the advice!

Smoke cigarettes for a deeper voice bro. Welcome to the Community, get the game! Don't worry about other peoples opinions.

You are one to say that.... :wub:

really, being your age you should not worry as long as you have the right mindset I believe you will do fine. Ignore those guys who are bitchin about your voice. I had the luck of already having a deep voice at your age it's just that you got to work with it.  Inform your squad about the fact that you are serious and show it to them this way they understand that you are not joking around. And really maturity is for everyone I have seen many 20-30 year olds who are just there for a troll and not a serious match...,  I myself love to play with young and old. Just don't worry about it there are alot of people who have the patience to help you to learn the basics of the game.

See you on the battlefield!!!

I'm rather concerned by the amount of people suggesting a tobacco addiction and eventual lung cancer is the solution...  :huh:

I was booted out of a squad led by a rather well-known PR:BF2 developer when I was younger because "couldn't take my voice". Needless to say, I lost all respect for that developer and any accomplishments he did in PR:BF2 which is sad because he was quite the coder.

Hopefully people here won't be quite as shitty of people but yeah you'll get some teasing. Just keep your head down, SHUT THE FUCK UP (serious here because with young people, their #1 issue is talking CONSTANTLY), and play the game. You'll be fine. :)

I'm rather concerned by the amount of people suggesting a tobacco addiction and eventual lung cancer is the solution...  :huh:

I was booted out of a squad led by a rather well-known PR:BF2 developer when I was younger because "couldn't take my voice". Needless to say, I lost all respect for that developer and any accomplishments he did in PR:BF2 which is sad because he was quite the coder.

Hopefully people here won't be quite as shitty of people but yeah you'll get some teasing. Just keep your head down, SHUT THE FUCK UP (serious here because with young people, their #1 issue is talking CONSTANTLY), and play the game. You'll be fine. :)

+1 for the last sentence!

Thanks for the advice. Well I'm not an imbecile who screams into the mic but i understand people playing the game won't be as understanding as I want them to be but this game looks really good. I want to join the Airforce and yes I know it's not the most respected branch but i want to be a Pararescue jumper and this game is really calling my name. Anyways thanks for the advice!

Ok, a little off topic here but -- the USAF is an absolutely important branch of the US military and is most certainly respected. My best advice on that bit of your comment is to pay less attention to the stupid conversations people have on Facebook about which branch is 'better' and pay more attention to the actual real life people who put forth their 100% effort to their jobs in whatever branch theyve chosen.

Ok, a little off topic here but -- the USAF is an absolutely important branch of the US military and is most certainly respected. My best advice on that bit of your comment is to pay less attention to the stupid conversations people have on Facebook about which branch is 'better' and pay more attention to the actual real life people who put forth their 100% effort to their jobs in whatever branch theyve chosen.

I understand mate. I just get a lot of shit from people who think the airforce is a useless branch. I have respect for all branches of the military.

I understand mate. I just get a lot of shit from people who think the airforce is a useless branch. I have respect for all branches of the military.

I can confidently say those people that do that sort of crap are most likely going nowhere in life :) stick to whatever your goals are and work hard at them.

At the end of the day/... Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force, I guess if you want to say the coasties too? Coast Guard are all the same in battle.. Trained to Kill, Save their brothers and protect America....

75th Ranger Regiment, Army, Light Infantry! 

I'm 15 and asked my parents if they could pay for the early access on kickstarter. The game looks incredible, but I'm afraid that because of my age and the highness of my voice that I will get pushed to the side and not get the full enjoyable experience. Is this a real concern I should have?

It usually isn't the teenagers who realize they might not fit in with older players that have an issue. My one piece of advice from when I have had younger players in my squad, is that they talk a ton, and you need avoid that problem. That goes for older players as well just so you know. Not saying you need to be a mute, just don't start screaming about contacts anytime you see movement or "omg omg omg that RPG almost got me lol." Grab a rifle, do your job, enjoy the game and you should be fine. 

I'm 29 and a six year Marine combat vet. I have no problem giving you the same Sergeant treatment as any other person around these parts. You can cry to me "buuuuut Seeergeant, why do I have to take point" while I kick your ass through the door.

So, by all means, we welcome you with open arms. Just look for me out on the battlefield, grab a kit and you'll be drinking beer in the halls of Valhalla in no time. ;)

Hooyah sir

No one says that the Air Force is useless when they have an A10 Warthog pointed at them.  You cannot win a war if you don't have air superiority.  There is still a lot of banter back and forth between the military branches but it's all in good fun, when the shit hits the fan they know that no matter which branch you are, you have their back.  Things have also been getting more tight by the branches all becoming more purple....and by that I mean cross branch assisting. If you are really worried about your voice, I saw that voice modulator, which made me laugh a little but as long as you don't go to an extreme with it that should work. 

P.S. The other branches are just jealous of the "Ch"Air Force because of our air conditioned tents......

P.S. The other branches are just jealous of the "Ch"Air Force because of our air conditioned tents......

Very, very jealous. :(

Hey.. do not speak for the older people.. unless you are over 35.. i have no problem playing with young or old.. squeaky or not.

ups its like someone took a troll from the "old one " ahah anyeay bro just buy the game and play you will find some peoples that will be older than you and probably less intelligent that will focus their ignorance on you...othersise you will find also friendly and funny peoples like i did in project reality ,it is simply like everywhere;) mature and less mature peoples are everywhere have fun lil bro:)

I'm 29 and a six year Marine combat vet. I have no problem giving you the same Sergeant treatment as any other person around these parts. You can cry to me "buuuuut Seeergeant, why do I have to take point" while I kick your ass through the door.

So, by all means, we welcome you with open arms. Just look for me out on the battlefield, grab a kit and you'll be drinking beer in the halls of Valhalla in no time.  ;)

Taking point is the worst position XD