futureu.s.a.f.pj

Debating wether to get the game

I'm 15 and asked my parents if they could pay for the early access on kickstarter. The game looks incredible, but I'm afraid that because of my age and the highness of my voice that I will get pushed to the side and not get the full enjoyable experience. Is this a real concern I should have?

you neither posses the life experience of loss nor the cynicism gained through working for pricks to value to money utilized on this game. I recommend you lose your virginity to an older homosexual gentleman, or work in a coal mine to rectify this. 

if you know for sure you posses such fiscal and intellectual proficiency i suggest joining a clan and applying for early access through the clan group as you will aqire the same amount of gay sex and monetary related argument by proxy

god speed

[please don ban me im drunk and i am from Ireland]

[also plz don censor this post in the light of free speach[

Dont worry.

Started playing PR with 14/15 and i had a high voice aswell.

Sure you get a comment on that here and there, but as long as you are mature there will be no problem.

Also disregard psyko, his name says it all. IIRC he has the deepest voice i have heard on this planet to date :D

alright, strong start from psyko, i like it.

anyways you will be teased for your voice in game, theres no way around it. but if you play with your squad/team in mind and act mature, people will stop bothering you and just play the game. just dont give them any fuel to pick on you as your voice makes you an easy target. take the teasing, suck it up, play the game. you will enjoy it especially as you get older :)

Unfortunately, having a kid's voice will mean you will have a hard time being treated well in this game, no matter how good you become or how logical your tactical ideas are. I would probably spend that money on something else.

Sorry dude. :(

It might be more enjoyable if you can find someone from your own age group to pair up with. Beyond that, learn what you need to do, relay valid information, and shoot them in the bean. As long as you don't spam the mic, I think you'll do fine. 

anyways you will be teased for your voice in game, theres no way around it. but if you play with your squad/team in mind and act mature, people will stop bothering you and just play the game. just dont give them any fuel to pick on you as your voice makes you an easy target. take the teasing, suck it up, play the game. you will enjoy it especially as you get older :)

This don't get discouraged 

Listen, I'm 15 too... My voice is pretty deep, don't worry about it. This game is a game. We all have something in common at the end of the day, We love SQUAD. Don't think about if you will be pushed around, I'm sure, with how this community is developing and growing, you will be just fine. Now, will you start screaming in your microphone? That would be an issue, but at the end of the day, if you truly stay on task, get the mission accomplished, you should be absolutely fine! 

Unfortunately, having a kid's voice will mean you will have a hard time being treated well in this game, no matter how good you become or how logical your tactical ideas are. I would probably spend that money on something else.

Sorry dude. :(

You are suppose to be encouraging people to get into  the game and all not forcing them away over something that cannot be helped. You really need to chill out.

I don't want this person to spend his limited funds on a game whose playerbase will likely shun him 90% of the time. Older players will only hear the voice and not the person behind the voice. Kids simply are not treated well in games like PR/SQUAD. I think most 15 year olds who spend money on this game will find the community very unwelcoming, and I don't want to give out false information to people who are looking to make the best use of their money.

Why am I the person who needs to "chill out"? :mellow:

All I'm saying is...

This community is extraordinary, I cannot find one post that bashes, hates or discriminates anyone in any fashion.  Saying that, I believe that he will be absolutely fine spending his money on this game. If he gets disrespected I'm sure that other 99% of the community members will pick him up. Hell If he wanted to we can meet up and play. 

If the "older" people of the community can't grow up and understand that, yes, this game isn't limited to 21+, then that is a personal problem. I can see where older people come from only wanting to be with the "guys" but if we want a strong, supporting community (that will be a major factor further on growth in the upcoming months/years) than they need to some how deal with it.

Now, I'm not supporting all Adolescents, the ones that decide to come in servers, troll and scream and etc... should not even come near this game. Realizing that they will come anyhow will be only test to see how strong we are as a community..... 

Sorry if none of this makes sense 5 hours of sleep in 2 days... Forums are life <3

Chill out is just something I wrote to write lol sorry...

Gist : community is strong and respectful. Older people have to realize and deal with kids/ teens. only way we can build and not shrink 

Just like other people have said here.

You'll get shit from people for your voice, but do your best to be a good teammate and do what you need to do to contribute. Talk only as much as is needed. Relay important information and try not to be a nuisance. A lot of older people won't share the same sense of humor you do. (Also, a common mistake made by younger kids is to continuously radio over the mic information that isn't relevant to the team. If you're like halfway across the map doing something without your squad, either regroup or don't talk over the mic reporting stuff that doesn't matter to your squad.)

I'm 24 and I can honestly say I really have a hard time accepting 'squeakers' in online video games, especially when most of the games are rated Mature and unless you're 17 or older, you shouldn't be playing them. But like its been said before, you'll get some shit for it but don't let that discourage you -- we were all young and had squeaky voices at one point in our lives.

Just like other people have said here.

You'll get shit from people for your voice, but do your best to be a good teammate and do what you need to do to contribute. Talk only as much as is needed. Relay important information and try not to be a nuisance. 

Exactly, If you have heart for Milisim and the Military community you will just be fine. ACT Professional , BE Professional

If I'm being completely honest, you'll be fine. You may not fit into the elitist group,but there's always the Allahu Ackbar Crew. There's plenty of people less mature than you that I see on PR so it's all good. Squad's gonna be amazing so you shouldn't pass on it. End of story.

There are some interesting responses in this post *cough* Pysko & Nightingale *cough*  ^_^

I don't want this person to spend his limited funds on a game whose playerbase will likely shun him 90% of the time. Older players will only hear the voice and not the person behind the voice. Kids simply are not treated well in games like PR/SQUAD. I think most 15 year olds who spend money on this game will find the community very unwelcoming, and I don't want to give out false information to people who are looking to make the best use of their money.

Why am I the person who needs to "chill out"? :mellow:

Hey.. do not speak for the older people.. unless you are over 35.. i have no problem playing with young or old.. squeaky or not. 

If I'm being completely honest, you'll be fine. You may not fit into the elitist group,but there's always the Allahu Ackbar Crew. There's plenty of people less mature than you that I see on PR so it's all good. Squad's gonna be amazing so you shouldn't pass on it. End of story.

plus 1 for best comment. 

forum champ

Cigarettes, yelling (go in the woods and yell until you lose your voice) and squats. Pick 2 of the 3.

I had a deep voice when I started playing PR, but do any of these 2 and your voice will earn you the respect you deserve on the battlefield.

I'm 15 and asked my parents if they could pay for the early access on kickstarter. The game looks incredible, but I'm afraid that because of my age and the highness of my voice that I will get pushed to the side and not get the full enjoyable experience. Is this a real concern I should have?

I am almost 24 years old, but I don't exactly have the most deep manliest voice in the world.  It is rather high pitched.  It might not sound like a little jr high or high school pre puberty kid, but it is what it is. 

Act mature, play the game the way it is meant to be played, and most of the community WILL accept you in to their squad.  To be completely honest, if you join a squad and you saying "Greetings, what kit is needed and where am I spawning squad leader?" and the squad treats you poorly or kicks you out, you don't want to be a part of that squad anyways.

My 2 cents.

Smoke cigarettes for a deeper voice bro. Welcome to the Community, get the game! Don't worry about other peoples opinions.

I'm 29 and a six year Marine combat vet. I have no problem giving you the same Sergeant treatment as any other person around these parts. You can cry to me "buuuuut Seeergeant, why do I have to take point" while I kick your ass through the door.

So, by all means, we welcome you with open arms. Just look for me out on the battlefield, grab a kit and you'll be drinking beer in the halls of Valhalla in no time.  ;)

Edited by SgtRoss
...Because Devon, geez Devon.