Sign in to follow this  
Chuc

Development Diary #2

It's been nearly 6 months, but finally we're coming at you with a new Development Diary!

Take an inside look at some of the new developments including our ADS (Aim Down Sights), Deployables construction and Stamina systems. 

Hello Chu... Good work, and people in the stream said how amazing the animations looked... Don't be surprised when a drink arrives at your door! (they donated)

Just saw this in my sub box as a recent upload and came here. Focus! Awesome, I'm glad you guys are implementing that. I think youtube got messed up for your upload in feeds. I think the orange on the stamina bar blends in a bit with the ground. Maybe make it a little brighter? 

Just saw this in my sub box as a recent upload and came here. Focus! Awesome, I'm glad you guys are implementing that. I think youtube got messed up for your upload in feeds. I think the orange on the stamina bar blends in a bit with the ground. Maybe make it a little brighter? 

Thanks for the concern, but I made it clear in the video that the UI design (which includes colours) is subject to change, and the general functionality is what is being explained in the video.

So the ADS will be similar to ArmA's default mapping (with a less aggressive zoom), if I understood that correctly?

Thanks for the concern, but I made it clear in the video that the UI design (which includes colours) is subject to change, and the general functionality is what is being explained in the video.

Of course. Just something I noticed about the UI and I wasn't sure how it is across other peoples monitors. Using an IPS monitor (Glossy) with neutral color settings, not sure how it looks for TN. The systems remind me of Red Orchestra 2 and it's something I really like in that game. Keep up the great work. You guys are running a really good kickstarter update wise

Amazing work as always, but the video was kinda weird and short; no formal introduction, no graphic for features, kinda felt abrupt and generally short.

So so hype. Im slowly but surely pitching Squad to my Steam friends, a couple people per night. I've got 3 to say theyre definitely interested. 1 of them even said theyre not really interested in gaming much anymore until Squad hits pre-alpha access.

I love the look of the ADS and focus mechanic, I've been wanting that for ages. Also, I noticed that when talking about the stamina system the narrator says "You'll notice that there are three colours; Green, Yellow and Orange. With Green being the best, yellow being a little bit worse and orange being completely taxed." Now, I'm colourblind and I have a mild-harsh protanopia and I can't see a difference between the Green and Yellow colours on the bar. I'm wondering if there will be a colourblind setting in the options which changes some colours on the HUD to make it more distinct as I can see a difference but I have to focus on it for a bit and see a difference whereas it should be clear by just glancing.

So happy to see that it will be possible to go ADS without gimping your CQB capability. :)

The SQUAD devs are the best!

Some great stuff guys! Very well done!

I'm so exiteted about Construntion etc.; now you have so much more possibilities compare with PR, and you can do so much new stuff that i cannot image!

At work so I can't wait it right now but can't wait until I get home to watch it. :)

Nope, do not like magical shift zoom in button, what's next, auto aim? 

I don't think you fully grasp how field of view works when using ADS. It's the closest thing to mimicking how the human eye works in this scenario. Exact same reason why ArmA employs it. 

Looking good. Awesome work!

Obviously it's a WIP and I'll likely get flamed for making this observation but I still think that even after pressing SHIFT to zoom, the scope is not close enough to the player. In other words when I bring a rifle up to aim, the scope should be taking up the majority of my field of view. This is independent of the zoom value of the scope.