gunbattle

back blast (and tank fire)

"I would think that having it simply seriously block your hearing for a period of time (with some ringing playing) and maybe a minor effect on health would have the same immersive impact."

Saturation would drop down + a little blur effect as visuals;

muffled sound + an annoying ringing in the ear;

for like 3-5 sec would be good?

If you're in a firefight at that moment you would be unable to keep engaging, without the effects becoming annoying.

maybe like if health maximum = 100, the damage could be like 40-20 ?

Saturation would drop down + a little blur effect as visuals;

muffled sound + an annoying ringing in the ear;

for like 3-5 sec would be good?

If you're in a firefight at that moment you would be unable to keep engaging, without the effects becoming annoying.

maybe like if health maximum = 100, the damage could be like 40-20 ?

those value ranges sound good but i think 3-8 seconds, and the damage dealt would change  oc depending on proximity to and angle of the back blast. and maybe to help balance the potential ff, increase the rpg, carl gustav or whatever weapon's damage--harder/trickier to fire, but more lethal in combat

also, oc, different weapons' back blast damage and aoe (area of effect) would be different. for example, and RPG-7 back blast would be less lethal than a TOW's

I wouldn't mind it being the same for everything to avoid confusion and not make something overly complicated.

i get your point, but i feel it wouldnt be overly complicated but more realistic. as far as ive heard/seen, firing a AT4 or TOW etc back blast weapon is a dramatic and very dangerous weapon to fire, and id like that to be represented in SQ

Come on guys, Back Blast is something rather simple, all games today have it (except for COD: Ghosts).

Name 5 relevant games.

Honestly I don't see it as being all that bad if rocket backblast outright incapacitated you and you had to be healed by a medic.

Even in PR most of the time you see people getting on line for when AT is getting ready to fire simply because they want to get ready to shoot or just watch the rocket fly :P so I don't think it would be as frequent as some might think.

Arma ACE mod implements backblast and it becomes pretty much second nature to call "Clear backblast!" and checking behind you before firing after a bit of playing.

here is a recoiless rifle, like the SPG (9 i think) in PR. if i see my team mate standing in heavy back blast (imagine what a TOW would do too) and he is not in black and white (PR ref to a hair away from fubar) if not dead (and revivable?), then i will be pulled out of the immersion, a no no.

Posted Image

All modern Battlefield, Crysis 1, GTA V, War Thunder, Red Orchestra 2.+Steel Armor, the best out there.

BF3/4 doesn't have backblast, I don't think GTA V does (though could be wrong), there aren't RPG's in Warthunder or infantry to deafen with the tank and I'm pretty sure RO2 doesnt either. Not sure you have quite got the point of backblast?

@theAxecutioner, could u please lower ur signature size. Its okay for once, but if I see you writing 3 times on a page it will get annoying.

Hover over the signature, and top right (of the signature) there will be a little X, click it and then click ignore signature :)

oO thanks, no clue that was possible.

these are from "light" AT weapons. a Carl Gustav would probably be much more deadly, and so on the heavier the weapon.

an example of (lucky) back blast not injuring/killing but knocking down. i think its an AT4

an example of injurious (lethal?) back blast. i think this is from the Iran Iraq war

^ true, but for the sake of the game, maybe it should be slightly less than deadly

I agree, but it should be something players have to keep in mind at least :)

I think in the future we could certainly have a back-blast / heavy concussive type effect on both tanks and rocket type weapons, but I would also be hesitant to have it cause serious health effect in a true 1:1 game:life manner.

I would think that having it simply seriously block your hearing for a period of time (with some ringing playing) and maybe a minor effect on health would have the same immersive impact.

I know this is a way old post, I wanted to search before making a new thread. I think that sound great. Something similar to this I'd think would be completely fine. I think back blast adds to the risk of being an AT soldier. You have to pay attention to your surroundings a lot more. No longer able to just fire it wherever you want without issue. Gives the tank crew more of a chance too since maybe you'll have to expose yourself more than you would if back blast wasn't there. 

I know this is a way old post, I wanted to search before making a new thread. I think that sound great. Something similar to this I'd think would be completely fine. I think back blast adds to the risk of being an AT soldier. You have to pay attention to your surroundings a lot more. No longer able to just fire it wherever you want without issue. Gives the tank crew more of a chance too since maybe you'll have to expose yourself more than you would if back blast wasn't there. 

its old thread but as relevant as ever since RPG-7 is now in game.