Sign in to follow this  
ExtremeMaxRad

Blind firing

I'll just throw this out there:

- The ability to blind fire over walls or around corners. I thought this would be an interesting concept/tactic especially for insurgents. Very inaccurate and only with smaller smg's.

Cheers

I think most guys in this community would say hell no to that idea man. Sorry to be that guy :)

Perhaps, but if you watch video of insurgents.  A lot of time they are just spraying in a general direction for suppression effect and/or lack of training :)

RO2 has blind fire. I hardly ever use it, but it's there. 

Yeah I figured someone would bring that up. It is very true that the insurgents in reality do that, but its hella stupid and has everything to do with a lack of training. For those wanting to role play that kind of behavior, you can just shoot from the hip while screaming randomness (which I may or may not do from time to time in PR ;))

Just not the kind of thing I think most people would want to see the DEVs waste their time on.

I was going to make a thread on this tomorrow....

Why wouldn't you want this implemented? Absolutely nothing wrong with it so long as you are shit accurate.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Barely anybody used the method in RO2.
And those who did were labeled as social outcasts on the EU server.
It was impractical and doesn't fit with long range engagements. (Go Tank maps! - Stumount)

Yep, RO2 had it with smaller maps and closer engagement ranges. And the only time I've ever used it was when I was bored and wondering if I could get someone with it. It's an unnecessary feature that'll take time better used on other aspects of the game.

Nope nope. This isn't arma 3 how u can do all that stance crap. It's first person shooter so your not going to be staring at a wall while your arm and hand is over the wall shooting at nothing

I hardly ever use it, but it's there. 

Exactly. I don't think that it's worth dev hours for something only so many people will ever use. Insurgents are already chaotic even without.

Another "no" because of time and resources.

Sarcasm aside, this isn't that important...

I think this would be bad for a game like squad, yeah in ro 2 its there but wasting ammo with blind fire would be total unfitting for this game. I would realy disslike this feature alot!

I think this would be bad for a game like squad, yeah in ro 2 its there but wasting ammo with blind fire would be total unfitting for this game. I would realy disslike this feature alot!

I think it's more often used than we thought, I saw a video where a French platoon, were severely pinned down, they couldn't return fire with out being exposed, some of them return fire while being proned, firing blindly over some pills of rock, until an US Apache support them

I think it's more often used than we thought, I saw a video where a French platoon, were severely pinned down, they couldn't return fire with out being exposed, some of them return fire while being proned, firing blindly over some pills of rock, until an US Apache support them

Yeah. I guess the deciding factor is how strong the suppression effect is. If suppression strongly effect enemy players and affects a large area then blind fire might have its use. If it's limited in effect and requires that bullets get very close to the enemy, then blind fire is useless

I can see alot of teamkills with this feature... also you wont need your mates for supressing that much anymore. I dont know, but i think it would not fit into suqad.