SandSukka

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!!!!

38 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Lots of closet RS fans in here it seems! 

Indeed sir! I just luv the Vietnam theme,more so than WW1/2. Just can't wait for our boys in the Mod Squad to release a Squad:Vietbong...I'll play the shiza out of it... ;)

Any game with PC support (dedicated servers with RCON, and a solid player base) I'm a fan of :).

Things i like about the game:

-Dedicated servers.

-No multiplayer lag or fps lag.

-Great working serverlist.

-The world settings.

-Choppers and napalm.

-and the GORE!!! (Blood and body parts flying off)

Beta start in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, banOkay said:

Considering I can't get any info on the beta I'm guessing it's closed, or can I somehow gain access?

http://www.risingstorm2.com/ 

Bottom of the page bud. There's still no dates for the tests.

RS2 is slightly ahead of Squad since they aready have working helicopters and more weapons... but it is the same engine and it shows... pehaps both teams can learn from eachother but Tripwire has been working with the unreal engine since like 16 years ago or something.

1 hour ago, Valmont said:

RS2 is slightly ahead of Squad since they aready have working helicopters and more weapons... but it is the same engine and it shows... pehaps both teams can learn from eachother but Tripwire has been working with the unreal engine since like 16 years ago or something.

They have helicopters due to them staying on the same engine but you can't really compare Squad to RS2.

Quote from one of the AG devs:

Yes, we're still using Unreal Engine 3. When we started on this project, UE4 was announced but not available, plus by building off the base framework already created for RO2, it has let us spend more time iterating on the gameplay side of things and less on building a new framework from the ground up, which is particularly important for us as this is the first time the RO franchise has stepped outside the comfort of WW2 into an era of automatic weapons and more modern technology. i.e. We get to spend more time making sure that the Vietnam theatre works in an RO context without breaking the gameplay, and less time on things like building a scoreboard, again. Plus, it means we can finish the game about 2-3 years sooner than we otherwise would.

a QUICKY LOOKY.

2 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I really can see similarities in Squad/RS2....Visually (Weapons) & Sound effects (Explosions). 

Personally, I think the game (not bs trailer) looks very very dated, low res textures, old models, zero destruction, rubber ragdoll, Looks like a game from 2012 to be honest.

6 hours ago, Para said:

a QUICKY LOOKY.

Personally, I think the game (not bs trailer) looks very very dated, low res textures, old models, zero destruction, rubber ragdoll, Looks like a game from 2012 to be honest.

Agree @Para some of the textures seemed to be outdated & the ragdolls with the loosing limbs i.e. RPG backblast  to the face & looses his leg,lol. O.o makes me laugh. 

Q. Maybe this could be their downfall by using UE3?.

Saying all that,I'm liking the explosions & weapon handling, much more so than BF1 bullcrap.

That's why I'm excited about Squad:Vietbong mod using the UE4.

P.S. Great vid mate.... :)

Graphics don't make a game. The RO series have never been on the bleeding edge when it comes to graphics but its gameplay is where it shines. Put the effort in to learn the game and you're rewarded massively. 

Blows 90℅ of FPS games out of the water. 

Honestly at this point,  I dont give a **** about a game looking like a bench mark. I played halflife one mods well into the early 2000s.

Just make it run at 60 frames, and if it's pretty enough, that'll do.

They take a while to get into. Until you learn the maps you get smashed from all over the map. If you really don't enjoy them then you're probably not going to enjoy RS2 very much then :(

I was a little sour with Red Orchestra 2, I felt the original game, out shined it in a lot of areas. But then Rising Storm came out...I fell in love :P  One thing I always loved about the RO games + rising storm, is its shooting mechanics, from recoil, to dead zones, to ballistics etc etc etc 

One thing I've always wanted with RO games is, a decent communication/voip system. The past ones made things to clustered.

Either way, Will be picking this game up. Been waiting for a decent Vietnam game for a while. Arma 3 : Unsung mod is taking its time to develop, so this game will be my little time killer/vietnam fix, when it's released!

Edited by Dubs

21 minutes ago, Melbo said:

They take a while to get into. Until you learn the maps you get smashed from all over the map. If you really don't enjoy them then you're probably not going to enjoy RS2 very much then :(

Well I would say that is only partly true, remember that RS2 will have deeper mechanics to just play in a squad with your friends and work together, which was not at easy in rs1/ro2/ro1.

I hope that will benefit the game a lot!

39 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Well I would say that is only partly true, remember that RS2 will have deeper mechanics to just play in a squad with your friends and work together, which was not at easy in rs1/ro2/ro1.

I hope that will benefit the game a lot!

True but I'm pretty sure the base gameplay will be 99% the same (which is a good thing).

Edit - Hopefully they have fixed that damn squad voip bug too so people actually use squad chat.

3 minutes ago, Melbo said:

True but I'm pretty sure the base gameplay will be 99% the same (which is a good thing).

Yeah, that´s true.

I really can´t wait to try RS2 myself.

Sadly they used the UE3, apparently too lazy to change once they started working on it already. The only thing that would make up for it would be them announcing Red Orchestra 3 in UE4 with both eastern and western fronts <3 :o