SandSukka

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!!!!

I hope they make some changes. RO2/RS is an example of a great game with broken squad mechanics.

I hope they make some changes. RO2/RS is an example of a great game with broken squad mechanics.

Also tiny maps... so so beautiful, so immersive, so realistic, but so tiny.

I wouldn't call them tiny at all. RS maps are quite smaller than RO2 but still not tiny!

i was disappointed with RO2/RS because of the great deviation from ROOST.  i do not have very high expectations for RS2V even though i crave a vietnam videogame.  i will definitely have to watch gameplay videos before deciding.  even then, i wont purchase it until the price drops significantly.  TWI and Antimatter dont have my confidence.  

I wonder how they'll handle the chopper combat. The tanks in RO2 have nice detailed interiors but maps are too small to make good use of them, except for the efw tank designed maps. 

I wonder how they'll handle the chopper combat. The tanks in RO2 have nice detailed interiors but maps are too small to make good use of them, except for the efw tank designed maps. 

I'm pretty sure the transport helicopters will be AI controlled or fly on a static path and will deploy US troops across the map. Now the attack helicopters will probably be a commander asset. This is how an old RO2 Vietnam mod was going to do it until they started creating their own game.

The maps won't be big enough for flying, I'd expect attack helos in place of arty calls and hueys for some sort of ai recon/mg strafing/initial spawn role.

The maps won't be big enough for flying, I'd expect attack helos in place of arty calls and hueys for some sort of recon/mg strafing/initial spawn role.

Sadly im with lugnut on this one, rising storm "1" did not have any vehicles at all and the vehicles in RO 2 were kind of not realy relevant. In RO 1 there were big maps though.... oh my good old Alte Ziegelei...

Or they will fly, but have it limited. Like have you fly from designated area to the spawn point. Or they could do it like it is now..... "You're leaving the combat area" volume to get you back into playing area. lol.

Or they will fly, but have it limited. Like have you fly from designated area to the spawn point. Or they could do it like it is now..... "You're leaving the combat area" volume to get you back into playing area. lol.

Wolverine, will we be seeing any maps for Squad from your good self? :wub:

Haha im a fanboy of his maps aswell :P

Like have you fly from designated area to the spawn point.

They could have them used as transports are now, but I'd think with the necessary slow flight speed and RPG's, they'd be awfully easy to make go *boom*.

I'd suspect more like landing craft were implemented as initial spawns on Kitajima, helos on rails.

They could have them used as transports are now, but I'd think with the necessary slow flight speed and RPG's, they'd be awfully easy to make go *boom*.

I'd suspect more like landing craft were implemented as initial spawns on Kitajima, helos on rails.

I still hope for real vehicles... but i think that you are totaly right.

Maybe you can talk to the Dev's form me and see if they will give me the editor. :-)

Tbh, that's the plan. It might be one map, but I can tell this.... I'll do my best to make the largest map unreal engine can handle. I might make all of Afghanistan. lol.

Maybe you can talk to the Dev's form me and see if they will give me the editor. :-)

Tbh, that's the plan. It might be one map, but I can tell this.... I'll do my best to make the largest map unreal engine can handle. I might make all of Afghanistan. lol.

You can already get hold of the Unreal Engine 4 editor matey. I got as far as importing some random height map into it and running around like a loon for about 10 minutes thinking I was #1 game dev!

I think you should make the whole of Musa Qala ;)

You can already get hold of the Unreal Engine 4 editor matey. I got as far as importing some random height map into it and running around like a loon for about 10 minutes thinking I was #1 game dev!

I think you should make the whole of Musa Qala ;)

I know bud, I've been playing with UE4 for about a year now. But as you and I both know it's not the same as having the dev build.  :ph34r:

Just a heads up, RO2/RS is now 75% off over at Green Man Gaming. Yours for a bargain price of £3.74!  

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/shooter/rising-storm/

Thats a realy good deal! If you like WW2 and semi realism infantry combat i highly reccomend it! (Also a great developer giving out modding tools and bringing custom maps into the basic game!!!)

Pop Smoke Team finally posted something new on their Facebook page regarding the state of their game and the announcement of "RS2: Vietnam": 

"We know this will come up a lot so we will just say that Pop Smoke is not involved with the Rising Storm Vietnam sequel; there is no In Country Vietnam content at work and to our knowledge we don't share any developers.
We are separate projects.
We've been quiet over the last 4 months as we lay the groundwork for In Country on UE4 and we hope you'll like what you see when we are ready to reveal."

Link to the post on FB: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=829599833792901&id=101929719893253

FPS's need to be more gruesome... for example.. more "gibbing" (body parts detached from ragdoll.) For example; Red Orchestra 2, vietnam shell shocked, Medal of Honor, etc. There needs to be more of this, more impact and more realism to highlight the gruesomeness of WAR................................................................................................................................................................................................