SandSukka

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!!!!

I think the game looks fine. I hope you can turn that chromatic aberration off though. 

Antimatter games has more experience with UE3.x since they made RS, so it would make sense for them to stick to something they're familiar with for RS2.  Plus this game has probably been in development for quite a while now, maybe before using UE4 was a viable option.

Also keep in mind that Tripwire isn't making this game, they're just publishing it.  TW's main focus right now is on Killing Floor 2.

Antimatter games has more experience with UE3.x since they made RS, so it would make sense for them to stick to something they're familiar with for RS2. Plus this game has probably been in development for quite a while now, maybe before using UE4 was a viable option.

Also keep in mind that Tripwire isn't making this game, they're just publishing it. TW's main focus right now is on Killing Floor 2.

Then which studio is making it?

Then which studio is making it?

Antimatter Games, since they made the first Rising Storm

I'm sure they get help from Tripwire, but Antimatter are the primary devloper

Here is In Country Vietnams teaser trailer which came out a year and a half ago when the game was still supposed to be a mod for RO2.

In my opinion, everything shown in this teaser (especially the player models) looked better than Rising Storm 2. This was also done while the game was in UE3, now they have moved on to UE4.

I hope we can get more updates from them soon.

I think it was the smartest/best thing we did moving over to UE4. We felt limited with UE3. We are very much still alive and working on ICV. However, please keep in mind we are not funded yet, and with real life work getting in the way...lol there is only so much that can be done with a small team. Our GOAL is to make the best Vietnam fps game out there. So please stay tuned!

I think it was the smartest/best thing we did moving over to UE4. We felt limited with UE3. We are very much still alive and working on ICV. However, please keep in mind we are not funded yet, and with real life work getting in the way...lol there is only so much that can be done with a small team. Our GOAL is to make the best Vietnam fps game out there. So please stay tuned!

You're part of the Pop Smoke Team?

Yes. I'm a Level Designers.

I'v been following your game for the past one and a half years, nice to finally meet a member of the team. ^_^ Best of luck with your game Wolverine!

Me too, I fear it'll be just like RS with different factions. I found RS fairly boring for a variety of reasons, one of which being custom maps quickly vanished from server rotations. RS also rewarded RnGing more than RO2. 

At least with UE4 there would be more opportunities for expanded gameplay (as well as eye candy), maybe AMG would take advantage of that. Unless they shake things up, I'll pass.

Game-play over graphics boys! I enjoyed RS, not as much as RO/RO2 but it is still a really solid game that still gets my vote.

Always gameplay > graphics. I don't play PR for the graphics.

I'm interested in this next installment of Red Orchestra. I enjoyed Rising Storm for about 100 hours. I'm hoping RO:Vietnam is even better.

I love the Vietnam scenario and am really excited for it but I am still waiting for a WW2 game built on a updated engine. I was eagerly waiting to see if the new call of duty (even though I'm a battlefield guy) would be World at War 2, but sadly it's another futuristic game.

I love the Vietnam scenario and am really excited for it but I am still waiting for a WW2 game built on a updated engine. I was eagerly waiting to see if the new call of duty (even though I'm a battlefield guy) would be World at War 2, but sadly it's another futuristic game.

My wet dream:

SQUAD: Eastern Front

Soviets vs. Germans + Finns

Stalingrad, Karelian Forests, Prokhorovka, Berlin

SQUAD: Europe

Brits + Canadians + Americans vs. Germans

Normandy, Netherlands

SQUAD: North Africa

Aussies + Kiwis + Brits vs. Italians + Germans

??? - I know nothing about this campaign

SQUAD: Pacific War

America vs. Japan

Okinawa, Peleliu, Philippines, Guadalcanal

Old news but...

RISING STORM 2: VIETNAM WINS A BEST OF E3 2015 AWARD!

IOnrnZl.jpg

This week we were pleased to hear that was awarded one of PC Gamer's Best of E3 2015 Awards!  Here's what they said:

Most excited we’ve ever been about ‘Nam

Awarded by: Evan Lahti

"Our affection for Rising Storm is well-documented. It was our multiplayer GOTY for 2013, mostly on the back of its ambitious representation of asymmetry between the American and Japanese sides in the Pacific theater of WWII. How the hell do you balance an FPS where one side has semiautomatic rifles and the other (for the most part) has bolt-action rifles? Tripwire and Antimatter Games managed to find a sweet spot between authenticity and fun, and Vietnam seems like another compelling space to explore asymmetrical combat—what tactics and equipment will the Vietcong have that the Americans won’t? In the initial PC Gaming Show trailer we can see (attack and transport) helicopters, RPGs, and vast, marshy jungle separating two sides furiously fighting. Apart from Killing Floor 2, this will be Antimatter and Tripwire’s first crack at a post-WWII setting, and it’ll be interesting to see how ‘modern’ weapons will translate to their style of FPS."

Nothing confirmed yet. I doubt it will be much different to RO2/RS.

Nothing confirmed yet.

If what I know is anything, it's very, very early in the dev process. I wouldn't expect anything radically different as it would be surprising to see them abandon the RO2 style of gameplay, but I believe they are exploring minor variations on the theme.