SandSukka

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!!!!

Good Morning Vietnam!!!!!

Sometimes you got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun.

Hey, we're back. That last few seconds of silence was Marcel Marceau's newest hit single, "Walkin' In The Wind." And now, here are the headlines. Here they come at you right now. Pope actually found to be Jewish. Liberace is Anastasia, and Ethel Merman jams Russian radar. The East Germans, today, claimed that the Berlin Wall was a fraternity prank. Also the Pope decided today to release Vatican-related bath products. An incredible thing, yes, it's the new Pope-on-a-Rope. That's right. Pope-on-a-Rope. Wash with it, go straight to heaven. Thank you! Meanwhile, Ethel Merman managed to jam Russian radar, she was quoted as singing [loud and off-key] "Oh, IIII've got a feeeeeliiiing... that loooove is here to staaaaay!". When asked for a statement, the Russians simply replied [with a Russian accent], "What the hell was that?"

I give this a go maybe... :)

desen   
3 hours ago, Melbo said:

Comparing it to Squad is ridiculous. Completely different games. 

different games, yes

but completely ? dont think so. there are plenty similaritys.

Para   

I am not allowed to advertise it here, but PM me for a further 5% off the game price. I think it is worth £12 but I wouldnt pay full price for it.

Its buggy and not finished in my opinion.

You lost that loving feeling whoa that loving feeling...maverick.jpg?format=1500w

For WW2 games!  When is Post Scriptum coming out?

Converge   

well i just played for a bit and i gotta say im pretty disappointed.  thought this was going to be much better.  the gun play is terrible.... incredibly arcade like it.  Weapon sounds are bad, recoil is bad, just didn't like it.  The map GUI is TERRIBLE.   Oh well.

8 hours ago, Para said:

Spawn .. run... black screen headshot... Wash rinse repeat.  Not enjoying it as much as i was dunno. Again it aint no squad.

Exactlymento my old chum. I might give it ago i dunno i have jointoperations/DF if i want this(Run & Gun) but obvisiously RS2 has better graphics & the Vietbong theme.

Wished there was a Squad:Vietbong that would definitely scratch my itch . :D

2 hours ago, XRobinson said:

For WW2 games!  When is Post Scriptum coming out?

Go & ask them in their forum...You nutter!. xD

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

SSIXS   
7 hours ago, Para said:

Spawn .. run... black screen headshot... Wash rinse repeat.  Not enjoying it as much as i was dunno. Again it aint no squad.

Realistically, what did you expect on the first day of a game beta being released to a bunch of new people that haven't played it before?

SQUAD was just as bad with the running n gunning and lack of tactics when it released on Steam, as it was no longer just those of us from the closed stages playing, and it still has tactical/teamwork issues whenever there's a free weekend or a influx of new players. 

RS2:V is fun.  I like that while ads the arms have some movement lateral, up and down before the body moves.  Compared to Squad, graphics are more refined, performance is obviously better, sounds are sub-par, and so far gameplay is an improvement on recent BF's, more mature, but not as good as Squad.  Overall, a good addition to my library.

5 hours ago, Melbo said:

There's plenty of people wanting to play it as a team, it's just hard to currently find them! Last night for 1 game it was pretty much perfect. TL giving squads orders which were followed, attached helicopter pilots ferrying squads to marked LZs, attack heli pilots coming in on fire support markers, SL's giving great arty marks etc. When it clicks it's great. Just hard to find currently.

Agreed... I have been playing in various servers since last night and there are few people willing to play with teamwork & mics...

A few exceptions but mostly gameplay is chaotic at this stage...

BUT... this will improve with time (everyone started as a novice anyway)

desen   

i refunded it even

main reasons :

1) way to fast...feels like cod TDM

spawn, run,die,spawn,run,die

2) sounds are bad if you are familiarized with squad standards.

3) the weapon feeling is....i cant describe it. feels so unatural compared to squad.

SSIXS   

If anyone is interested in checking out the beta and hasn't gotten a key, I had a couple come my way and figured I'd throw them up.

JPVRR-L7Q3R-43K08

FCWP0-EYX0Y-QXJ7Q

17 hours ago, desen said:

i refunded it even

main reasons :

1) way to fast...feels like cod TDM

spawn, run,die,spawn,run,die

2) sounds are bad if you are familiarized with squad standards.

3) the weapon feeling is....i cant describe it. feels so unatural compared to squad.

It's that there is a ridiculous amount of artificial bullet spread, 5 round burst of an AK sprays like a shotgun.

Converge   
3 hours ago, Catindabox said:

It's that there is a ridiculous amount of artificial bullet spread, 5 round burst of an AK sprays like a shotgun.

The M16a1 doesn't feel right either. It feels like a laser gun and the sound is terrible. I voiced this in game and was greeted by a few people spewing out "durrr well have you ever fired one in real life durrrr?". Well yes, actually. Aside from owning an AR I've also fired nfa ARs in full auto. I think Squad has it down pretty well.

I ended up getting the most kills with the greasegun and the Mosin Nagant sniper.

I got to play a short round with a good squad leader and a good pilot. Being able to spawn on the SL and in the chopper made it a lot more fun, but still no one else was using teamwork or mics. I'd like to play a few rounds with good teamwork and see how I like it.

I still just can't stand the gun play and sounds. I don't mind the free aim movement when your not aiming down your sights, that's fine. Also being able to extend or collapse stocks to have a spray and pray more with view when you aim is cool. I'll give the game more play for sure.

On 5/13/2017 at 2:30 PM, Converge said:

The M16a1 doesn't feel right either. It feels like a laser gun and the sound is terrible. I voiced this in game and was greeted by a few people spewing out "durrr well have you ever fired one in real life durrrr?". Well yes, actually. Aside from owning an AR I've also fired nfa ARs in full auto. I think Squad has it down pretty well.

I ended up getting the most kills with the greasegun and the Mosin Nagant sniper.

I got to play a short round with a good squad leader and a good pilot. Being able to spawn on the SL and in the chopper made it a lot more fun, but still no one else was using teamwork or mics. I'd like to play a few rounds with good teamwork and see how I like it.

I still just can't stand the gun play and sounds. I don't mind the free aim movement when your not aiming down your sights, that's fine. Also being able to extend or collapse stocks to have a spray and pray more with view when you aim is cool. I'll give the game more play for sure.

The long double barreled shotgun for VC is the best weapon in the game, you should try it out. Kills at ranges of up to 100m+ with only 2 of the double-ought buckshot needing to hit.

topper   

Like it, hate it, it is all personal.

As a server host for both games, here is the fact.  

SQUAD free weekend = 3 full 80 player server, now 1 full 80 player server.

RS2V Day 1 = 3 full 64 player server, currently 1 full 64 player server.

Impact during this time, server activity over a 24 hour period is down by 60% but I still get a full 80 player server but only over a 3 hour period of game play.

Personally, they are each unique in their own way, so I will still host and play both for a change of scenery :)

My 2 cents.

-topper

After playing until level 20+, the game has become really boring and repetitive. The deaths can be extremely random and you are unable to learn from many of them. The  helicopters lose all usefulness due to the ridiculous amount of skill-less AI controlled SAMs that make you stay under 50m or else you're instantly going to be blown up.

There's very little teamwork and everyone just sprints around like a battlefield title getting shot from every direction.

Edited by Catindabox

Chez   
On 13.5.2017 at 4:34 PM, Catindabox said:

Less Teamwork than in Battlefield, i think i can compare this game to Call of Duty. Voice chat is not used and if it is, it's like in CS:GO. The 2-3 Helicopters fly like a potato and you'll get shot shortly from a random Missile. Weapons are... pretty all the same, just with other names and designs. The Role-Choosing, and what makes me to get to the bottom now: There is a mapvote after every round, that means there are like 2 maps being played the whole time. What i do like best is the Vietnamese speecher. Wasted my money on this game, all because i got hyped. Too bad. At least the performance is steady high.

Soulzz   

I find it to be a nice change of pace. For the price it's a steal in my book. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SSIXS   

TWI just announced the release date, May 30th.

They've begun an open beta, free for anyone to try the game.

"To celebrate the impending release of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Publisher Tripwire Interactive and developer Antimatter Games are kicking off an Open Beta that begins today and runs until 4:00PM EDT on Monday, May 22nd. This will act just like a Free Weekend - head for the Steam Store page, download and play!"

Looks like TWI/AMG have loaded up some tutorial videos on YouTube as well.  I'd say that's a nice addition for newcomers.

Edited by SSIXS

Heradon   

Not sure If I even want to give it a shot. By the look it gives me the impressions that it has a very arcade-like gameplay which I don't like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Fridge-G9000 using Shittalk