SandSukka

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!!!!

3 minutes ago, banOkay said:

I was selected for the beta stuff and if I try to buy it Steam is making it seem like I'm buying something I already own. Beta runs out when game gets released, right, no way they're giving away free copies like that.

" Note: You already own the following items in "Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Digital Deluxe". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:"

Don´t worry about it, just buy it for your inventory then you can activate it. That is what I did as well.

Tripwire made a post about that in their own forum if you want to be sure.

banOkay   
4 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Don´t worry about it, just buy it for your inventory then you can activate it. That is what I did as well.

Tripwire made a post about that in their own forum if you want to be sure.

Thanks, just read it. Bought and looking forward to release.

Helwyr   

If someone wants to buy it for me, I can pay you back in 2.5 weeks double the amount :))))

eagon89   
8 minutes ago, Helwyr said:

If someone wants to buy it for me, I can pay you back in 2.5 weeks double the amount :))))

Lack of money or economic price outside of Canada ?

Helwyr   
19 minutes ago, eagon89 said:

Lack of money or economic price outside of Canada ?

Lack of Money mainly, TLDR: My bank account is frozen and while I can't access my money in the account, I can still cash checks at shitty places like Money Mart or hotels, so I'm not totally screwed

eagon89   
7 minutes ago, Helwyr said:

Lack of Money mainly, TLDR: My bank account is frozen and while I can't access my money in the account, I can still cash checks at shitty places like Money Mart or hotels, so I'm not totally screwed

I'm from europe, if I buy it do you think you can install it ?

I can buy still 1 copy for sure (maybe 2 but I have to check).

good-morning-vietnam.13496.jpg

Adrian Cronauer: It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle.

Adrian Cronauer: What's the difference between the Cub scouts & the Army? EEEERRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNT! Cub Scouts don't have heavy artillery.

Jumped in for a couple of matches and until they fix incoming bullets sounds I'm not diving back into RS2. I don't get why one of the most critical audio pieces to any tactical shooter is missing in this game. Was fine in Beta Wave 5 and 6, but since that interim build it's been all sorts of bad (missing). 

Aside from that it's clearly no RO2 or HoTW, but it's fun to play. If you enjoy a more run and gun experience frosting on top of your tac shooter cake then I guess this could be the game for you. Hopefully they present more patch work in the coming days. 

SSIXS   

I've had an absolute blast playing with friends over the past 6 hours, probably the most fun I've had with a FPS in the past year and a half.

AMG/TWI seem to have taken optimization pretty seriously, as I didn't have any trouble with performance on either of my rigs.  Reshade works nicely as well, to add in some AA, though the in-game graphics options aren't bad...I was just testing, as I had more than enough frames to spare.

RS2 is certainly nothing like SQUAD, but for a far less restrictive bullet slinging romp with helicopters, MGs and RPGs...I find it damned fun.  lol

Voice   

Its very run and gun, i made a refund but might look into it if they make it less like CoD.

I played for a bit and had a pretty decent time. It's run and gun for sure with a hint of tactical play. The sounds are absolute shit IMO, hopefully that gets sorted out before release. Oh, and I suck very badly o.O Maybe with practice I'll get better, but highly unlikely haha.

Para   

Spawn .. run... black screen headshot... Wash rinse repeat.  Not enjoying it as much as i was dunno. Again it aint no squad.

Melbo   

Beta waves have always been full of people not playing as a team/not using mics/soloing. If you want teamplay then you need to wait for full release and jump on servers like 40-1. 

Comparing it to Squad is ridiculous. Completely different games. 

embecmom   

Played the beta last night.. and refunded.. not because its really bad game .. but its nothing new , it just feels like insurgency or the original Rising storm .. free for all .. limited communication (of course its a beta so it will get better) in a vietnam setting.. get shot .. respawn..charge in... rinse repeat... graphic wise it has nothing on Squad ..

Para   
50 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Comparing it to Squad is ridiculous. Completely different games. 

Don't be an arse. I was comparing it to a Squad players mind set. 

Melbo   

There's plenty of people wanting to play it as a team, it's just hard to currently find them! Last night for 1 game it was pretty much perfect. TL giving squads orders which were followed, attached helicopter pilots ferrying squads to marked LZs, attack heli pilots coming in on fire support markers, SL's giving great arty marks etc. When it clicks it's great. Just hard to find currently.

Converge   

So if we pre purchase this now we can get in on the current beta wave?  I'm installing at the moment, $22 isn't bad at all.

EDIT- Actually just saw a email about the key.  Well I bought it already, oh well.  Ill be able to try it out soon.  Have off work today anyways.  Looking forward to it.

Edited by Converge