SandSukka

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!!!!

19 minutes ago, MilosV said:

Sadly they used the UE3, apparently too lazy to change once they started working on it already. The only thing that would make up for it would be them announcing Red Orchestra 3 in UE4 with both eastern and western fronts <3 :o

Considering the state of UE4 I don't think they made any mistake, if they'd choose it they'd have way more work to do.

I really hope they add a Colt XM177 with an unlock upgrade of taping two 20 round mags together. :D

Edited by Maki

I´m still hoping to maybe get a key this afternoon....

*pray´s to the almighty tripwire gods and the overlord Gaben himself*

Spoiler

Congratulations and welcome to the first phase of the Closed Beta for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!

We have invited a select group to help us playtest the game and we are very excited to have you join us! This phase of the closed beta is by invitation only but you are free to share your experiences and media with others.

:D

This game on UE3 looks very good compared to the new UE4 engine.

Edited by M.I.K.E.

Signed up for the beta some time ago and did not get the key. Probably because I've been categorised as a guaranteed buyer as I own RO1, RO2 and RS. :P

Do we know what they'll work on before the full release? 1 thing that stood out in the video is that there's no environment collision - grass doesn't render after some distance (look at when he's landing with a huey) but when he's prone in the grass he can't see in front of him because of the grass. I love these kinds of environments but if cover doesn't render after some point it can really impact the gameplay. Same thing with bushes, can we please have a game where bushes move semi-realistically when somebody goes through them? The gameplay and map design looks very promising.