Sign in to follow this  
MuffriDer

FSB, not FOB :)

Please progress from using FOB and start using FSB.

FOBs are Main bases.

FSBs (fire support bases) are what we use in the field.

I stand corrected. They are not FSBs either.  :blink: See below.

Please progress from using FOB and start using FSB.

FOBs are Main bases.

FSBs (fire support bases) are what we use in the field.

It is time.

afaik FSB concept has been used up until vietnam

We are trying to use the correct terminology 

Main base = Camp
lvl1 "Radio" = Patrol Base (PB)
lvl2 "Radio" = combat outpost (CP)
lvl3 "Radio" = Forward Operating Base (FOB)

However, it seems that FOB is so ingrained in our minds that we cannot stop saying it in the heat of the battle. We will make a better effort in the future, only SgtRoss is doing it correctly at this point, and I cringe every time I hear myself say the wrong thing.

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks it seems.

True. Although I think most people are more familiar with the term FOB opposed to the acronyms for smaller military positions. Filthy casuals.

It can vary from military to military and agency to agency.  I've never heard it called an FSB, only FOB, and firebase. Regardless though, it's been a FOB for a long time and is fine.  The route that Z-trooper listed is perfect.

However, it seems that FOB is so ingrained in our minds that we cannot stop saying it in the heat of the battle. We will make a better effort in the future, only SgtRoss is doing it correctly at this point, and I cringe every time I hear myself say the wrong thing.

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks it seems.

Not helping that Youtubers like myself also do that... It's just a natural reflex now, like asking if a player is "Dead, dead" not "dead". Got called out on that a few times in other games, haha. 

I'll stick a post-it note on my monitor with correct terminology in the future :P

I'll stick a post-it note on my monitor with correct terminology in the future :P

I have that on my screen, apparently it is not helping one bit :D

I have that on my screen, apparently it is not helping one bit :D

I'll have to spend hours in post adding captions and looking like a newb then! Haha 

The US Armed Forces had several temporary military bases in Iraq between 2003 and 2011, most a type of forward operating base (FOB).

Depending on their size or utility, the facilities are called : Camp, Forward Operating Base (FOB), Contigency Operating Base (COB), Contingency Operating Site (COS), Combat Outpost (COP), Patrol Base (PB), Outpost, Logistic Base (Log Base), Fire Base (FB), Convoy Support Center (CSC), Life Support Area (LSA) and Joint Security Station (JSS).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Military_installations_in_Iraq_during_Operation_Iraqi_Freedom_(OIF)

So yeah, FSBs are not correct. :/

The name will change based on the team's investment.  Don't worry, SgtRoss has already educated me multiple times on what the names are :P

Have belts of pkm rounds fired at your face and you'll soon know the difference.

Camp - "Ooh, get you"

PB - Peanut Butter

CP - Cheese Pizza

FSB - don't drink the tea (allegedly) 

FOB - Familiarity over best-practice.

To be a little more serious for a moment, while the correct terms would be useful, given their specific meanings. You might have to be patient with people who've been calling spawn points FOBs for years and years. I guess things will change with the new player base and new spawning assets.

Cheers, Murkey.