IrOnTaXi

Boot Camp: An Introductory Series - 5 - Medical System

81 posts in this topic

I'm so hype for this. 

I enjoyed the little graphics on the flowcharts that look like they're straight out of an Army FM  :D

edit: this is an interesting change from PR; where after you got hit by the epi-pen, you could move to a safe area. that's essentially the SOP ive seen in PR games. the medic will get someone conscious and guide them with their voice back to a safer area where he can work on them. 

in Squad it looks like other soldiers may have to sort out moving the casualty to a safer position first -- because the epi-pen wont grant the injured the ability to move on their own accord automatically. i can dig it! the whole dragging system will add a whole new element of teamwork to the game. in plenty of scenarios youll have to lay down suppressive fire and throw out smoke grenades to cover whoever's running out to drag the guy. just adds a ton of intensity.

Very happy to see these:

- Bleeding

- Bleeding stoppable by any teammate who has bandages/tourniquets

- Persistent maladies

- Casualty Collection Points

I know the topic of medic evac is subject to dev-time allocation, but!
Suggestion : The person dragging away their patient should be allowed to change stances. It helps in firefights, dragging while prone; dragging while upright for a faster motion, and a "crouched" stance for the inbetween options. 

Squad is defining a new game category: RPTFPSG - Role Playing Tactical First Person Shooter Game :D

Except if it was role playing you would have to diagnose the injury, perform minor surgery, extract bullets, apply tourniquets, etc etc.

Except if it was role playing you would have to diagnose the injury, perform minor surgery, extract bullets, apply tourniquets, etc etc.

In that exact order too.

Sounds good, different from Pr, but still very interesting!

One thing that I can see though, is people just giving up in order to have full combat effectiveness immediately afterwards, especially if theres a rally around... to me a simple once you were unconscious, next time you go unconscious you will be dead thing rule would be sufficient. That way you would still force people to be evacuated or move back to a bigger FOB.

Thanks for the great flow of updates!

That new medic system looks sick!   ;) 

Quote "Next time we will dive into Vehicles and Combined Arms Warfare, what that means and how Squad will handle such a powerfully game-changing feature."

They're coming!  :D 

! zzzzzzzzzzzzzMeme-Generator-Captionator-

Will be interesting to watch how much the wounded system changes game play. Not only with the need to return to FOBs, but how engagements will take place in order to avoid having your entire squad in the wounded state before you try and take an objective. 

I know you devs are working tirelessly, but make sure to proofread and not just spell check. ;)

The Wounded State & Casualty Collection Points (CCPs)

After being revived, a soldier is put into a wounded state. You will continue to function as normal, but will receive a penalty in stamina, an increase in weapon sway as well as being much more likely to be outright killed next time you are incapacitated. You are still capable of putting up a fight, but you are not as combat effectiveness as a replacement who is fresh and hasn’t been incapacitated before.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the additions to the medic system play out on the battlefield!

Will soon be time to see which medics flap and reach cruising altitude!

Tourniquets always come first remember lads!

Have you all been able to test the system yet or is it still largely in concept phase? Also, has any form of ambulance for a mobile casualty evacuation point been considered? 

I really like it, but I'm scared at the same time. :)

You should be buddy,because I'll find you,remember your RedCross is my marker!.. :P

Tourniquets always come first remember lads!

Had to do some searching on web to find what it was LoL!.. :blink:

220px-Tourniquet_(PSF).png

The only part im worried with is the CCP system. It feels like a game mechanic that easily risk turning into an annyoing chore that will disrupt gameplay more than it adds. I am highly sceptical about that part but wont rule it out completly since i haven't tried it yet.