rulie

What is your top 6 fav Joint Ops AAS maps

There are still lots of servers up.

Fruit Bowl and CC's place are the most populated ones.  Friday evenings you can sometimes still get 50+ on one of them.

Browse the servers here... http://jointops.org/lobby/novalobby.php?lobby=na

Indeed Sir!...Fruit Bowl private server hosted by Squad =CHICAGOBONES=...can't play it cos timezones.

EU Cherry Bowl hit and miss some weekends you nearly get full house.

CC's Canadian base server high ping for myself but seems to be the most popular...Spoke to CC R the other day about Squad and he knows about it and is interested!!! :D

The downside about Novalogic games,they're full of Haxor's cheats..No mods/admins in game... :angry:

Carlos...what is/was your Name in JO?

Carlos   

Carlos...what is/was your Name in JO?

{IC}Carlos usually.  But don't get on too much anymore.

Yeah they are still about! god knows why on an 11yr old game?

UKO used to be one of my favourite servers back in the day when I wasn't doing IC tournament stuff.

{IC}Carlos usually.  But don't get on too much anymore.

Yeah they are still about! god knows why on an 11yr old game?

UKO used to be one of my favourite servers back in the day when I wasn't doing IC tournament stuff.

I do seem to remember you,actually could've been other Carlos!.. :lol:

UKO Clan was one of the best way back in time and the server,those memories from a world long gone *sniffs*

I hope to see you on the battlefield my friend...Squad battlefield!! :D

Wish nova logic made games still I remember cutting my teeth on df2 then moving to land warrior then to joint ops

Welcome brotha to Squad!..Didn't you hear that Nova where releasing DF:Angel Falls!?,that what we was promised,all the hype,and in the end,nothing,nada!!

Nova is dead...a good example how not to run a company!!... :D

See ya on the battlefield...

GeRo-   

hey everybody!

Top 6 maps I love in JO:

1. Flooded Village

2. Palu Cut Rice Paddies

3. Tanah Highlands,

4. Karo Highlands

5. Sungai Sabe Lumbermill

6. Kubong Island Bridge

TumanWK   

I will leave this conversation to the Map Makers/Modders, but it will be interesting to see familiar Joint Operations scenes.

Still miss the great work of the modders and map makers, some really creative and talented people helped make it a great game for so many years.

On 17/06/2015 at 5:49 AM, rulie said:

Well,...we have LaughingJack here now so i am sure he would be very interested. Rebuilding them from scratch may take some time though. If i can rustle up Genocide A.E. and Topaxci=CHI= and a few other quality mappers we might be able to make our SQUAD Devs a serious promise or two. B)

Hey Rulie. you know how i was talking about Nile and the heightmaps? well i now have Dormant Volcano, Black Rock Beach and Twin Islands, as terrains. Already on the way to being foliated. So any map from JO, E & IC can be had ( as long as my install lasts )

;)

Edited by LaughingJack

Sorta   
3 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Hey Rulie. you know how i was talking about Nile and the heightmaps? well i have now have Dormant Volcano, Black Rock Beach and Twin Islands, as terrains. Already on the way to being foliated. So any map from JO, E & IC can be had ( as long as my install lasts )

;)

gonna need screenshots of this, my man

7 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Hey Rulie. you know how i was talking about Nile and the heightmaps? well i have now have Dormant Volcano, Black Rock Beach and Twin Islands, as terrains. Already on the way to being foliated. So any map from JO, E & IC can be had ( as long as my install lasts )

;)

OMG! You're a champ Sir...

For myself to play this classic maps the likes of Dormant Volcano, Twin Islands for one more time. It's gonna make me so happy.

I hope we going to have swimming mechanic's in Squad or there's going to be alot of floating bodies...xD

Can't wait for more updates...Until then...

REJOICE!.gif

PROTOCOL   
54 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I hope we going to have swimming mechanic's in Squad or there's going to be alot of floating bodies...xD

I know its possible in the engine... check out the swimming mechanics in PUBG an UE4 game. Hopefully, we'll see the functionality in Squad soon. Can't wait to see some sneak-peaks of these maps in Squad.

Edited by PROTOCOL

roger that fellas! i'll screeenie the basic terrains first as foliating them well will take time. prolly after the weekend as i'm housesitting an cat, at it's house not mine, so no pc atm.

ps: Twin Islands is a conjoined pair via a short isthmus (ooh, fancy-word alert), coz no boats or swimming in Squad yet.

I didn't know there was a Delta Force thread over here. I bought DF1 when it first came out and have thousands of hours in the entire series all the way to DFX2. That said, I've been working on recreating Delta Force style maps for Squad. 

rulie   
On 7/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, LaughingJack said:

Hey Rulie. you know how i was talking about Nile and the heightmaps? well i now have Dormant Volcano, Black Rock Beach and Twin Islands, as terrains. Already on the way to being foliated. So any map from JO, E & IC can be had ( as long as my install lasts )

;)

jeez LJ, What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators, oops, sorry bro, wrong forums!  ...What I really really need, is a stock copy of Gila Marsh, ...don't ask me why, or where, or when, ...all i know is, i just need it. Apparently, it come's stock with a fresh v1.6.9.0 TR-ESC install and the final update patch kills it for some reason?

I have found partial pieces of the file in the "full stock JO TR - ESC pff zip DL" ...and those took enough time to flippin find thank you very much believe me! since they're all abbreviated, you have to load each one to reveal the map title.

Just one copy of Gila Marsh and i will be happy...

rulie   

Cheers, LJ, i'll try to save you some time though, the partial pieces i found were either BIS or MIS files, but neither the NILE or MED would import or convert them.

oh Gila Marsh! where art thou?

Sorry Rulie, no luck mate. I think you probably got further than i did. I found some BMS and others in the Resource and LocalRes PFF's, and If there was a working BMS2NPJ floating around someplace then we might have a chance, i guess. Have you tried the guys at DF Barracks? i pretty sure that's where i got the stock BlackRockBeach from, to mod it. Otherwise it would have to be rebuilt from scratch using reference shots from in-game.